Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarflair View Post
    On 25-man N Lei Shen, Static Shock splits 1M damage to players.
    Since math is hard, a 50% Det won't allow you to solo soak it, right - unless said Det just deflects it?
    Unless I have 500k health, right?
    you can solo soak static shock with detter on both normal and heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Yeah, but you'll need another 100 focus to actually use those procs. For burst AoE like on lei shen fervor is miles ahead ToTH.
    I was more thinking sustained AoE padding, on fights like Council or Tortoss. No doubt fervor will beat out for burst, but if you're constantly multishotting to pad then you'll want Thrill.

Deleted
    When on Ji Kun hc, hunters can pop Deterrence during quils and help up soak the pools if there are too many, but honestly, your raiders should be using the spare charges on the feathers to fly and get le balls.

Quote Originally Posted by ardisus View Post
    When on Ji Kun hc, hunters can pop Deterrence during quils and help up soak the pools if there are too many, but honestly, your raiders should be using the spare charges on the feathers to fly and get le balls.
    Just fyi if you grab a green blob in mid air, I don't think it goes away. It still becomes a green pool on the ground.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Just FYI if you grab a green blob in mid air, I don't think it goes away. It still becomes a green pool on the ground.

Pretty confident this is legit true now that I think about it. Can't double check myself as I've cleared

Just fyi if you grab a green blob in mid air, I don't think it goes away. It still becomes a green pool on the ground.
    Yeah. Haven't been able to "take one" to remove it from the ground.

Deleted
    Correct, the blobs still creates a green pool on the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorelaine View Post
    Correct, the blobs still creates a green pool on the platform.
    Pretty sure they don't. Had many attempts on H Ji-Kun, catching a number of blobs moments before hitting the ground and they didn't create a pool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    Pretty sure they don't. Had many attempts on H Ji-Kun, catching a number of blobs moments before hitting the ground and they didn't create a pool.
    Probably not every single blob, but some of them will land and still create pools.

Deleted
    does anyone know if we can block off the debuff on council of elders, much like ionisation on jin'rokh, by popping deter as soon as the blue arrow is displayed?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ril-gania View Post
    does anyone know if we can block off the debuff on council of elders, much like ionisation on jin'rokh, by popping deter as soon as the blue arrow is displayed?
    You can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ril-gania View Post
    But I've been wondering if it's possible using like the BW/DBM timers to PRE-Deterrence before the arrow even comes out lol.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

No, you cannot. You can only mitigate by 50%/30% the ticks once it lands on you, which I guess gives you time to group up.

Hello ! I wanna play a dps range classe and I don't know which to choose between Hunter and Shaman.

Hunter was my first class I played in WoW... 9 years ago.
    I always loved Shaman, though.

Is the hunter class "good" ? I don't want to be the best class, just want to be able to bring some decent dps and enjoy it.

ty

Edit : My hunter is currently a night elf but I'll switch to the horde. Since all of the horde races can be hunters... I'm wondering which one is the best. I know trolls are good in this tier because of their passive with beasts. But I don't really like being a troll :/

Are Blood Elves hunters good ?
    Last edited by Ilir; 2013-05-17 at 12:09 AM.

Homophobia is so gay.

The differentiation between which race you are matters very little if you're not a top-end raider. BEs don't have any real specific PvE boosts, though they do get a CD which restores focus. Orcs, trolls, and pandaren are easily the best hunters. If you're going to be Beast Mastery, orc is best, otherwise pandaren is good all-around.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The differentiation between which race you are matters very little if you're not a top-end raider. BEs don't have any real specific PvE boosts, though they do get a CD which restores focus. Orcs, trolls, and pandaren are easily the best hunters. If you're going to be Beast Mastery, orc is best, otherwise pandaren is good all-around.
    Thank you <3

I'll prolly stick with Pandaren or BE ... Blood Elf (girl) are so amazing with mail armor *_*

Homophobia is so gay.

Question: Does monstrous bite (Devilsaur) work to reduce healing on bosses in ToT? Specifically Horridon and Durumu?

Something I noticed last night on Jin. While you can deterrence on the Ionization and avoid getting the debuff. Occasionally I've been distracted by other stuff, (like the orb) and I've missed the deterrence to stop the buff.

Last night this happened on the second ionization for me, and when it was ticking down, I popped deterrence for the damage mitigation, but I noticed that it deflected all the damage and I avoided it completely. So, if for what ever reason you miss the application avoid, you can still use deterrence to negate the damage completely, similar to static shock on Lei Shen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGelk View Post
    Question: Does monstrous bite (Devilsaur) work to reduce healing on bosses in ToT? Specifically Horridon and Durumu?
    We have Widow Venom!

Quote Originally Posted by DrGelk View Post
    I'm not sure, but even if it did, it would be much easier for other classes to apply it rather than forcing us into a 5% crit pet that every mage now provides via AI.

Rogues can use wound poison as their utility poison (crippling is kind of useless on both those fights), and warriors can MS. Monks can Rising Sun Kick. Demo locks can do it via their felguards.

If you're caught out of position on Lei Shen, you can disengage over the Overcharged pulse-y stun-y thing. Works without the glyph but it's harder to time correctly.