Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Can someone confirm/deny if I step into another person's static shock and deterrence, will I still share the damage ? Or will he take the full load ? Mainly wondering for 2nd transition where ss hits like a truck.. Also, anyone have the exact numbers for it ? How much does it hit for ? Wanna know incase someone with an immunity gets it twice and for that second time, can the rest of the immuners hop in and pop their immunities to help the person out ? While he pops w/e personals he has left + maybe a pain sup or something..

    We are having issues with our dps in P2 (not pushing in time).. I was 4th on boss damage on our longest attempt.. so I wasn't doing bad but I could do better as I botched up my rotation during P2 with all the ball lightning spawns and whatnot and trying to make sure others dont' fuck up..

    But any other lei shen tips regarding hunters would be appreciated..

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    Can someone confirm/deny if I step into another person's static shock and deterrence, will I still share the damage ? Or will he take the full load ? Mainly wondering for 2nd transition where ss hits like a truck.. Also, anyone have the exact numbers for it ? How much does it hit for ? Wanna know incase someone with an immunity gets it twice and for that second time, can the rest of the immuners hop in and pop their immunities to help the person out ? While he pops w/e personals he has left + maybe a pain sup or something..

    We are having issues with our dps in P2 (not pushing in time).. I was 4th on boss damage on our longest attempt.. so I wasn't doing bad but I could do better as I botched up my rotation during P2 with all the ball lightning spawns and whatnot and trying to make sure others dont' fuck up..

    But any other lei shen tips regarding hunters would be appreciated..
    Nope. If it attempts to hit you , but misses the damage doesn't get shared.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  3. #123
    So rogerbrown dun fucked up ? I was leaning towards it not getting shared too but since I saw him do it, I was curious..

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Conando View Post
    I believe that's how it should work, assuming it still works the same as it did at release.

    Personally, I just wait until I see them hitting me and then hit deterrence. Quills is 8sec, so waiting a few moments probably won't hurt. I do the top middle nest with deterrence like that and a healthstone and it's never close.
    Nope

    Each hit of quills is its own attack, Deterrence only deflects them as long as it is active

  5. #125
    As far as I know you should not use personal reduction/immunity CD on soaking static shock in a group (if warrior or hpriest gets it for example) we often had deaths if someone in a 6 person group has used a personal cd with all ppl topped - almost as the damage reduced by the cd got distributed to other players instead. Do not know it was really this but when we started to use group cds (smoke bombs/AM/etc) the only deaths that we had were if the person has not been at full health or somebody did not stack or used a personal immunity/dmg reduction.

  6. #126
    immunity is one thing, but you're advocating not using DR cd's either ? Have a hard time buying that..

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by vooyas View Post
    As far as I know you should not use personal reduction/immunity CD on soaking static shock in a group (if warrior or hpriest gets it for example) we often had deaths if someone in a 6 person group has used a personal cd with all ppl topped - almost as the damage reduced by the cd got distributed to other players instead. Do not know it was really this but when we started to use group cds (smoke bombs/AM/etc) the only deaths that we had were if the person has not been at full health or somebody did not stack or used a personal immunity/dmg reduction.
    Completely false. One of the log gurus in my past guild went through when progression on Heroic Lei-Shen to check for this exactly and it is not the case whatsoever. The damage DOES get shared in every instance that there was a questionable death. Maybe something was changed or we're talking about different problems but the damage was definitely being split as if there was say.. 6 people taking damage when only 1-5 actually took it.

  8. #128
    So, in short (as my guild is atm on HC Lei Shen and second intermission is kind of wall) - person without immunities gets SS, is it ok for him to use defensive self CDs?

    EDIT: @Saoron I found Intimidation can be of great help to shutdown diffusion adds. They also can be kited (although, if you get balls (and you have to soak them) on your platform it's next to impossible to do so). If you get SS, try to soak bouncing ball and SS by timing Deterrence - you can do both and suffer none damage.
    Last edited by Tsoni; 2013-07-18 at 09:40 AM.

  9. #129
    Saw this in another thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by Wega View Post
    as the others allready said, deterence doesnt work, but camouflage does work! just hit it in time before the debuff gets applied and you wont get it, bcz he cant target you

    i did macro stopattack and stopcast into it and it does work like a charm, dont know if you need to, but i have.
    Can anyone confirm that camo works? I will test it out next week provided I get targeted with it.

    I wasn't even aware of the change to allow use in combat, wondering what else this could work on to mitigate damage/mechanics.
    Last edited by Teucer; 2013-07-21 at 07:38 PM.

  10. #130
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hillsborough, CA
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    EDIT: @Saoron I found Intimidation can be of great help to shutdown diffusion adds. They also can be kited (although, if you get balls (and you have to soak them) on your platform it's next to impossible to do so). If you get SS, try to soak bouncing ball and SS by timing Deterrence - you can do both and suffer none damage.
    A caveat is if other people run to the same bouncing bolt. I generally steer clear of everyone when soloing Static Shock as a rule of thumb.
    "Wrong. Deterrence deflects 100% of Iron Prison (Not tomb) dmg." -Jaydenkor, 2014


  11. #131
    Is 15% enough to not die from TS + ball lightning spawn ? Being a mobile dps i'm on the spawn team and with the least amount of movement speed boosts, I'm on the spot directly in the middle of the semi circle (i.e. closest to the TS).. worried about survivability
    Also saved y u quit aftermath.

  12. #132
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hillsborough, CA
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    Is 15% enough to not die from TS + ball lightning spawn ? Being a mobile dps i'm on the spawn team and with the least amount of movement speed boosts, I'm on the spot directly in the middle of the semi circle (i.e. closest to the TS).. worried about survivability
    Also saved y u quit aftermath.
    1) In P3 you should have a raid cooldown used on every Thunderstruck.
    2) Always prioritize surviving. If that means being out of position and a bit too far back for deathgrip, then so be it. Fart oo often I see raids try to get ball lightnings spawns perfect (min 8,) and it just ruins their attempts because one of those people dies and all the ball lightnings eventually spawn on melee. As long as you have a grip for each and AoE stuns, the number of spawns does not matter at all. If there's 1-2 bouncing freely because they couldn't be gripped, it's also not a huge deal.
    3) Save your Readiness for Deterrence if you need it.
    4) I don't see how you could possibly not have enough speed boosts...You should have posthaste-disengage up for every cycle of events. For example, I almost always disengage during whip, then run far away for Thunderstruck, then take a demonic gateway back to the other side for Ball Lightnings. You could also just save the disengage for Thunderstruck itself...it all depends on what you're more comfortable with. If you have a resto druid, he should also symbiosis you for deterrence, giving you dash.
    "Wrong. Deterrence deflects 100% of Iron Prison (Not tomb) dmg." -Jaydenkor, 2014


  13. #133
    Can confirm, camouflage works at preventing frostbite in H Council.

  14. #134
    don't have a resto druid and posthaste while good for the speed boost, it leaves deterrence with too long of a cd.. esp for how many times on that fight you end up having to soak shit.. CTHC is just better for that fight.. But I did glyph disengage though so I'll see how that pans out today..
    I didn't save readiness though (first time we got to p3 with everyone up) and used it for dps.. but if I save readiness for deter reset, I could probably get away with simply deterrencing the TS+ball lightning dmg.. and still have it up for a static shock.. I'll do that tonight.

  15. #135
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hillsborough, CA
    Posts
    1,506
    I don't understand that logic. Movement speed is far more important than 2m deterrence, which won't save you on back to back statics during transitions anyway. You pretty much only gain 1 deterrence in the final phase at most.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2013-07-25 at 05:04 AM.
    "Wrong. Deterrence deflects 100% of Iron Prison (Not tomb) dmg." -Jaydenkor, 2014


  16. #136
    The Patient Volbian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dawnbringer
    Posts
    349
    Thought you might wanna add this to your list:

    Heroic Horridon you can use Snake Trap on the spirit, if you're targeted. Will knock the spirit all the way back. make sure other adds dont trigger it though.

  17. #137
    *1m Deterrence (CTHC).. 2m without the talent.. And during transitions, yea it won't, unless you use readiness for it in the 2nd transition..

    But I got one of our priests to shield me as soon as TS drops in P3 for body and soul, and I glyphed disengage.. It got me to my spot with ease.. And I get to keep my 1m deterrence, which def nets me more than just 1 deterrence in P3.. Still no kill tho.. Should die tonight hopefully.

  18. #138
    Anyone know if camo is able to make the boss not target you for DL ? esp during transitions.. if for instance you're in a quadrant with melee and a monk healer, you're the only viable target.. would popping camo force it on another platform ?

  19. #139
    On Twin Consorts Heroic, during the Nuclear Inferno does Deterrence mitigate or reflect the damage? Obviously going to still stand in the shadow of the comet, but I was curious if I could help out the healers any.

    Thanks

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    On Twin Consorts Heroic, during the Nuclear Inferno does Deterrence mitigate or reflect the damage? Obviously going to still stand in the shadow of the comet, but I was curious if I could help out the healers any.

    Thanks
    it deflect all the damage.
    Hunter PoV HC SoO videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/shanattah
    Hunter PoV stream: Twitch.tv/Shanattah

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •