Thread: PCI-E Question

10+ Year Old Account

PCI-E Question

Hello folks,

I've started putting my build together and I came across something. Here's a picture of my PCI-E cable. It's going into 2 8-pin 7970 GPU. Do I take the other 8-pin PCI-E cable at the other end and plug it into my video card (black ends). Its an Antec 520 HCG.

http://i.imgur.com/bjXTzT6.jpg

Thanks for the help in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a single rail on your psu so go for it wont make any difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    You have a single rail on your psu so go for it wont make any difference.
    Gotcha thanks. Wasn't sure if I should it or just use one of the adapters the GPU came with.

Normally the 8pin has a clip, you can deattach 2pins like this -> http://www.corsair.com/en/media/cata...ectors_3_2.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Normally the 8pin has a clip, you can deattach 2pins like this
    I knew that after playing around with the 8 pin. I was just wondering if I could plugin the two 8 pin PCI-E on the single cable (posted above) or had to use an adapter for the second one as well as following the specs of my PSU. Just was curious since the bending over the two 8 pins connectors on the same cable were stiff and hard to fit into the two 8 pins connectors on the GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Acarlee View Post
    I knew that after playing around with the 8 pin. I was just wondering if I could plugin the two 8 pin PCI-E on the single cable (posted above) or had to use an adapter for the second one as well as following the specs of my PSU. Just was curious since the bending over the two 8 pins connectors on the same cable were stiff and hard to fit into the two 8 pins connectors on the GPU.
    If you've got a second cable, go ahead and use it alongside the first. Either way, you'll be fine as long as the cables are securely connected.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    If you've got a second cable, go ahead and use it alongside the first. Either way, you'll be fine as long as the cables are securely connected.
    Yeah, that's what I'll do. Use the one 8-pin cable. Then plug in the molex cable and just use the 2 molex to 8-pin connector from the GPU box. Thanks. Just feel like the bending of the 2x 8-pin connector cable seems more tiresome, I fought with it coming loose for an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Acarlee View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'll do. Use the one 8-pin cable. Then plug in the molex cable and just use the 2 molex to 8-pin connector from the GPU box. Thanks. Just feel like the bending of the 2x 8-pin connector cable seems more tiresome, I fought with it coming loose for an hour.
    I meant use an identical cable as the first if your PSU came with one (most should). Whatever you're comfortable with, tbh I'd personally go with two identical cables if possible, or a single cable connected to both.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7