Medallion of Tenacity - Now with Stam!

So on PTR they've replaced Mastery with Stam.

I wonder if this is an intended change.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    So on PTR they've replaced Mastery with Stam.

I wonder if this is an intended change.
    I imagine this is their response to PvE trinkets being BiS for PvP tanks once Ilevel gets capped and resilience becomes completely baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    I imagine this is their response to PvE trinkets being BiS for PvP tanks once Ilevel gets capped and resilience becomes completely baseline.
    They could have just as easily made a new trinket instead of removing the Mastery one.

They could have just as easily made a new trinket instead of removing the Mastery one.
    yeah no doubt, no point in removing mastery one... but the idea of having a stam one seems pretty cool for FC's i guess...

Well this is dumb. Time for all dps to go human I guess...

O now I see we can still get crit or spirt.... I want mastery.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post

If you were going to min max that much you'd already be human for the 4% more pvp power.

I think its a great change.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    If you were going to min max that much you'd already be human for the 4% more pvp power.

Good change, but not a great one.

To quantify it as "great" they'd either leave tenacity as-is and make a new stam medallion, or make a new mastery medallion to complement this change. I have to admit though, "tenacity" is a fitting name for a stam trinket and seeing as mastery is of pretty high value to tanks I assume that was its intended purpose.

However, replacing the mastery bonus, an ideal stat for a large number of specs beyond tanks, with stam for a select few roles strikes me as odd without something else to make up for it.
    Last edited by AwdBawl; 2013-03-30 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post

I prefer playing NE for shadow priest. The meld is great vs cc and breaking burst. As far as mastery vs pvp power. I find the loss of damage very small. I prefer to have the extra mastery for my mana regen. This change just messes up my play style.

10+ Year Old Account

i was thinking the same thing..lol.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    all the glads did at the start of cata
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

more stamina for healers too for all the little good itll do.. might just make a difference every few hundred games lol

I caught wind of a maneuver like this in the 5.2 PTR, and I wasn't any happier with it then. Unless other changes get made, I'll have to suck it up and buy the crit trinket.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.