1. i absolutely detest dailies. i flat out refuse to do them. from what i have heard it is the main way to progress your character past blue gear other than lfr.
if i remember as well it is the only way to get high level recipes(575-600) correct?
2.i would like to know if intellect is capped at level 90 i think it is but im not sure.
3.so i heard scenarios are the new extra dungeons im not sure how these work exactly.
4. i am the type of person that while not antisocial finds most of the attitudes in wow difficult to put up with and thus am very hesitant to run dungeons as im not concerned with being at the top of my game to speak but i do the basic stuff like gem and enchant.with that in mind, how is the lfd scene? is it as bad as it was 7-8 months ago?
5. basically what im asking is what else did mists change from cataclysm in a couple paragraphs or less.(besides the talent tree changes.)
i really want to buy mists and try out the new content but i cant bring myself to spend 40$ for it does anyone know when it will or if it will go on sale for 20$ again? (i know they had a promotion awhile back with it being only 20$.)
6.i also would like to know from any other warlocks/priests(or people who play warlocks at 90) what raids it is possible to solo as a decently geared 90 priest/warlock with decent skillset in your experience? as i find the idea of soloing old raids at 90 exciting enough to consider buying it.
7. how hard are professions to level up to 600 this time around? in cataclysm all the professions save for blacksmithing and jewelcrafting felt like a seperate insane grind all by themselves to level to 525.
8.what exactly is this green fire quest i keep hearing about? something about a tome...sounds interesting. how hard is it to acquire? how do i go about farming it? do i need to be in a guild to complete it/is it hard?
Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-03-30 at 09:54 AM.
1. if you love farming mobs instead, there's enough to do (there are new rares that drop rep tokens). Also new recipes are learnt via daily crafts; except enchanting and the tailoring bag.
2. mana is capped, intellect is not
3. scenario's are easy 3man dungeons, heroic scenario's...I dont know yet, but that's next patch.
4. Even without a brain you'll be fine in heroics/scenario's/LFR
5. is a bit longer to asnwer :/
1. I haven't done any dailies in ages, and I'm doing just fine. They are not necessary, but they will boost the pace at which you get gear. The people that are saying that they're mandatory are forcing themselves to do them.
2. As mentioned by the above post, mana is capped, intellect isn't.
3. Scenarios are like group quests more or less. You enter a phased zone, you get objectives to do one after another, like little missions. For example, the Ring of Blood of this expansion is a scenario. The difference about scenarios and group quests are that you can repeatedly do scenarios. There's talk about heroic scenarios next patch, we'll see how those work.
4. The social aspect of LFG and LFR is totally dead, don't worry, people won't be bitches anymore, but they won't be kind either. No one talks in LFG anymore, that's it.
5. This one is a little longer, I'll try to mention a few things briefly. You'll actually have to go out into the world, whether it be for world bosses (yes, they're back), dailies or professions, no portals to take you all around Pandaria. Pandaria has a lot of fun little things you can do like finding treasures, lore scrolls and such, there's quite the big amount of detail put into it. Big raids have returned, the newest raid has a whooping 12 bosses (13 on heroic), unlike in Cata where all raids were pretty small. Valor Points and Justice Points aren't worth as much as they were in Cata, where as in Cata they were used for gear all the time, you're now more reliant on drops from bosses. If you actually care, the lore isn't a mess either, it's actually really good for once. That's just scratching the surface, others can probably provide more insight.
About soloing, pretty much any class can solo all TBC content, I'm not sure as for Warlocks, there was a Warlock who posted here that had solo'd all of ToC, so I guess that they're doing well at soloing stuff.
Last edited by MasterOfKnees; 2013-03-28 at 10:58 PM.
If you're in good gear, warlock soloing more or less comes in very near the top, just behind the self-healing tanks (ProPallys, BloodDKs, BrewMonks). As for the rest of your questions, the answers so far pretty much sum it up. I'd just like to add that it's far better than Cata, and just because it's different doesn't mean you won't like some of these things that worry you. Give it a shot, if a subjective suggestion is of any value to you.
1. Dailies aren't -as- mandatory anymore since 5.2 where lower content LFR has a higher chance to drop gear. But the Isle of Thunder dailies will help you a lot.
Also if you want to be able to purchase 522 item with valor, you'll have to be exalted with most pandaria factions. So to a certain extend, they're still necessary to do if you want to gear up/upgrade the pieces with which you have not have much luck with.
Though, normal raids don't drop anything more or less (besides thunderforged items) than you can purchase with valor by being exalted with most factions.
2. Intellect can't be capped. Mana on the other hand is capped at 300k at lvl 90.
3. Scenarios work sort of like instanced quest objectives. Idk how to explain this well enough. Perhaps look on YouTube about some of the changes yourself, hmm?
4. I haven't had much problems with the community. Find a different server if the community doesn't fit you.
5. MoP has changed quite a lot. One of the most notable change is of course the talent system and more LFRs.
-Some classes have been altered a lot. Like demo/destro warlock. Some specs have now also gotten buffs you have to maintain on yourself, or enemy, in order to do optimal DPS (like a feral Savage Roar).
-You can't fly in Pandaria until you're lvl 90.
-Engineering is a lot of fun again.
-A lot of specs have become as I like to say "ret paladins" meaning they have a shitton of burst in both PvE and PvP.
I honestly can't come up with many more changes. If you want more info, either wait on other people their answers, or look on the battle.net websites/on youtube.
okay would my priest be able to solo naxx(as long as she kel thezud/that ice dragon dude) i dont care about the others as i've wanted to get the t7.5 halo for ages but could never find a group willing to do it.
As a class without a pet I've found Patchwerk to be the blocker, unless you're a tank or a class with a pet you won't be able to take his hits.
It's pretty much the same, and for old valor gear you might need rep but you can pretty much skip those pieces and gear up in LFR, then do throne of thunder and you dont need to do dailies for new valor gear.
It won't take a month, but you better like quests.
why what did they do to dungeons to make them less efficient? or is it that the waiting time for dps is extremely long? or is that quests just give more experience?(i dont mind quests but i like to break them up with dungeons or sometimes i just feel like doing dungeons.)
The game is a slight improvement to cataclysm, but not a huge improvement. It just became much more complexin terms of gameplay yet it doesn't provide you with anything new and something that wasn't there before.
Also, most people i know, including myself didn't enjoy the whole pandaria idea. The slayer of deathwing, lich king, illidan and such coming to pandaria to learn kung fu and water some turnips? I know you need to introduce yourself to pandaren and such, but it still feels absurd and the whole epicness of the lore has gone downhill.
about how long does it take to go from 85-90? i have several alts and would like to go from 85-90 on all of them but not if it takes like a month per character.
For my first character it was just under 2 hours 85-86. 2.5 86-87, 3ish 87-88, almost 4 88-89, and nearly 6 89-90. It's going to depend on how fast you are and how much of XP you gain rested. I grinded 85-90 in the first 2 days of MoP so I barely had any rested XP.
Make sure you log on all your characters initially so they start getting rested. Also there's a handful of BoA items around pandaria that have lvl 85 requirement but 450/463 ilvl (entry level 90) which will make your alts kill stuff alot faster. http://www.wowdb.com/items?filter-bi...-reqlvl-max=87 Should be all of them.