Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

North Korea just declared war aginst South Korea.

http://www.dn.se/nyheter/varlden/nor...g-med-sydkorea

Swedish newspaper, but i'm sure you can find it on your own newspapers.

What do you think will come out of this? Nuclear war? USA, Russia and china going to war? nothing?

Deleted
    Fuck all, since they never officially ended the Korean war, they only agreed to a ceasefire. More saber rattling by best Korea.

When were they ever not at war!?

Not much other than another unnecessary little clusterfuck of shelling SK and shit like that. North Korea is pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    http://www.dn.se/nyheter/varlden/nor...g-med-sydkorea

Swedish newspaper, but i'm sure you can find it on your own newspapers.

What do you think will come out of this? Nuclear war? USA, Russia and china going to war? nothing?
    USA, Russia, and China have no reason to fight one another if North Korea attacks South Korea.

If the US decides to back South Korea if any hostilities opened up, which the US most likely would... yeah, North Korea wont exist for too much longer.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well maybe we have an excuse to displace their terrible governance

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Technically they are still on war since 1953, since the cease-fire was agreed under an armistice, and not a peace treaty.

So all done so far is still rhetoric until bullets truly start flying.

declared they are in a "state of war" so in short all relations will be considered under the assumption of a combatant. Slightly different as of now no military action has taken place that has been reported.

It's a young leader trying to prove he's not weak to his people. It's like watching your little brother show off to his mates in front of you - You don't do anything because you both know how it will end.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Wake me when NK actually invades.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    USA, Russia, and China have no reason to fight one another if North Korea attacks South Korea.
    The only reason Russia, USA and china would go to war is if China decides to support nk, this would lead to USA supporting sk and maybe Russia will see it as a chance to become the world's prime superpower or something.

Doubt China will support it though.

Here's an english article on the matter: it doesn't say they've declared war, just that North Korea is getting silly yet again: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21974381

Worst case scenario is that NK attacks SK, then gets decimated from the counter attack by the US and various allies. The losers? All the civilians caught in the crossfire. We can only hope NK doesn't do anything stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until they fire the first missile we won't do anything, and shouldn't. Once they do however, North Korea turns into a hole.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Wake me when NK actually invades.
    Indeed, it is getting tiresome now, after a while you learn to ignore the child when it throws a tantrum.

How can they declare war when they never had peace in the first place?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason Russia, USA and china would go to war is if China decides to support nk, this would lead to USA supporting sk and maybe Russia will see it as a chance to become the world's prime superpower or something.

It would be a terrible move on China's part on the International stage.

North Korea is already a pretty deplorable place. And THEY'RE the ones initiating the hostilities. China would have no "saving grace" reason for backing North Korea.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted

Even China agreed to the latest sanctions against North Korea, they have had enough of their bullshit too. China won't risk losing its valuable trade with the west, they have tasted capitalism and they Like it. Russia is in no state to invade anyone, their armed forces are a shambles, with 1/5th of their naval fleet rusting away in dock not sea worthy.

Where's Lex Luthor when you need him?

If you get this reference you have good taste in TV.

But seriously, I agree with the other posters in this thread. This means very little until NK actually attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Well maybe we have an excuse to displace their terrible governance
    That's what I was thinking.

King Leonidas: Relax, old friend. If they assassinate me, all of Sparta goes to war. Pray they're that stupid. Pray we're that lucky.

If they actually start attacking anyone they're fd.

Deleted
    I am sick and tired of these tiny pathetic people thumping their chests and thinking anybody cares, I know it sounds horrible but part of me wishes they really would invade them, just so there would be a reason for someone to crush them.