Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Your Battleground is ready! Your Role Healer! WTF

Just got on the PTR and I found this waiting.

So set limits on Healers? Mandatory Tanks? Or just some weird shit they are trying. With how powerful healers are now I can see the reason to do this. If you random pvp at all I am sure you ended up in a game where the other team had 3-4 healers and you had 0 and it felt impossible. But on the other hand, queues aren't instant right now, so why make them longer.

Made your image a little smaller (click to get full size) ~ Snuggli

Sry Snugg, im running 2560x1440, cut down to 25%, didnt realize it was still to big.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-03-30 at 01:09 AM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Its a good idea in theory. But there is nothing to stop ppl changing spec and doing what ever role they want anyway. Also warrior healer? break out the bandages :P Also i'd rather a longer queue and a more balanced battle personally.

Deleted
    Oh wow, so much has changed in the time I have been gone! Warrior healers.. that's new

Seems like a disadvantage to me. Longer queue times and people who will queue for healer even though they`re not. Though it might just be there to satisfy people who complain about the hostile team having more healers.

Give healers more honor/conquest per game, problem solved!

Some safety mechanism will probably be having to queue with a healing spec and getting a warning message that you will be kicked out of the queue if you try to change spec.

And I wonder, will you be able to queue as a tank :O?
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-03-30 at 12:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    its a good idea, i think this is part of their plan to make sure each side has an equal number of healers and therefore i think you just encountered a bug. unfortunately like splatter said i can see people easily abusing it and queueing as a healer and then just playing a dps, especially if the queue times are shorter for healers/tanks

Deleted
    Queues... I hope they don't reach the 10 minutes mark.

horrible idea

roles don't win bgs, players do

this is just blizz caving to babies on the forums who don't understand the concept of cc and landing interrupts.

Warrior healers eh? I wonder how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    horrible idea

this is just blizz caving to babies on the forums who don't understand the concept of cc and landing interrupts.
    Getting 5 healers in a 10 player BG isn't fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    horrible idea

Yeah but then there is also dispels and fake casting and landing counter cc and counter interrupts on dps. I dont think it is really arguable that having multiple healers to no healers is a massive advantage, and maybe too massive.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Yeah but then there is also dispels and fake casting and landing counter cc and counter interrupts on dps. I dont think it is really arguable that having multiple healers to no healers is a massive advantage, and maybe too massive.
    overall I feel bad dps has more impact on losing a random bg then how many healers are on a team

There should be like 20-30% healers in BGs, less the bigger BG.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather wait a little bit longer for a more balanced match than get 4 healers to 0. That being said...these games (or similar matchups...say 4 to 1, 3 to 1) are totally winnable in random BGs...especially if the healers are weak or very poorly geared. I have been in several winning BGs lately where we lamented our doom before they started due to heal discrepancy and then proceeded to blow them all up with ease.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    There should be like 20-30% healers in BGs, less the bigger BG.
    Yeah most RBGs run 3 in a 10man. So maybe they do 3 in 10, 4 in 15, 12 in 40mans.

10+ Year Old Account
    horrible idea

Relying on quality of player isn't a very grand thing to do.

Sure' I've won BGs with 1 healer on our team versus their 3 healers... but our healer was well geared, their three healers weren't, our FC (me) was well geared, and there's wasn't.

Seeing as we're not getting a system that ensures some hodge-podge of competence thrown together, I'll settle for the "same number of healers" deal.

But as has been said, they need to make it so you have to queue in a healing spec, and changing spec gets you thrown out of the BG.

And even better, they wouldn't have to ensure that each team has some predetermined number of healers; only that each team has the SAME number of healers.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Warrior healers eh? I wonder how that works.
    http://www.darklegacycomics.com/382.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Relying on quality of player isn't a very grand thing to do.

Sure' I've won BGs with 1 healer on our team versus their 3 healers... but our healer was well geared, their three healers weren't, our FC (me) was well geared, and there's wasn't.

Seeing as we're not getting a system that ensures some hodge-podge of competence thrown together, I'll settle for the "same number of healers" deal.

But as has been said, they need to make it so you have to queue in a healing spec, and changing spec gets you thrown out of the BG.

And even better, they wouldn't have to ensure that each team has some predetermined number of healers; only that each team has the SAME number of healers.
    making (or should I say continuing to) the game more stupid for the (lack of) quality players is horrible idea

15+ Year Old Account
    Naw, I like how it can be chaotic, don't mess with it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

It's random battlegrounds... Personally I'd rather have an inbuilt mechanism to ensure my team has a couple of healers. And if it encourages more people to try out healing (and hopefully grow to like it) then everyone wins.