Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If you don't want to be a healer, don't queue as one. If you want to be a healer, queue as one.

Not entirely sure how that's any more restrictive than doing so now is.
    Its restrictive because it means when I log on for 2 hours I can only play 2 games instead of 5.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 04:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tkaczu View Post
    And please stop saying that going against 4 healers in 10s is nothing hard.
    4 bad healers who don't know how to not get interrupted are as bad as 4 bad DpS who don't know how to interrupt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoysBoysBoys View Post
    Getting 5 healers in a 10 player BG isn't fun.
    i get this all the time but when it does happen i just leave..i dont feel like getting farmed :^:

10+ Year Old Account
    It is time for Warriors to have a healer spec!

It shall be called Medic!

I have mixed feelings about the potential implementation of roles in battlegrounds. Sure, it'd make things more even (wow, Blizz is really working on this lately), but queue times could become similar to how they are for PvE content, which is "queue with a healer/tank or prepare to wait"...

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    4 bad healers who don't know how to not get interrupted are as bad as 4 bad DpS who don't know how to interrupt...
    I think the dps is worse because they have the mechanics to interrupt. Most healers have to compromise by using an alternate tactic (juking)... Kind of sad when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stasis007 View Post
    It's random battlegrounds... Personally I'd rather have an inbuilt mechanism to ensure my team has a couple of healers. And if it encourages more people to try out healing (and hopefully grow to like it) then everyone wins.
    Then you have terrible players picking Healer just to get past the long queues faster. You're limited to a certian number of healers only to end up getting 2 failures in the role, ect. I'd take 0v5 healers with me on the losing team than deal with 50 minute queues and idiots in DPS gear going Healing for the time saver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its restrictive because it means when I log on for 2 hours I can only play 2 games instead of 5.
    I've harldly ever seen a game where there are NO healers on either side. I've seen my share of games where there are THREE healers on both sides. I've even seen games where there are EIGHT healers on one side (and not in an AV or IoC, either.)

Obviously, healers can be moved around a little to keep queue times down...

More often than not you end up with the four or more bad DPS than you do with the four bad healers. And four bad DPS who don't know how to interrupt are much worse for their team than the four bad healers, because those four bad healers are just bouncing around free casting while the four bad DPS vainly try to kill whatever.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-03-31 at 04:26 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    But donald is a priest, not a warrior!
    I like the idea. Hate queing and getting 3-4 healers on the enemy team, while having none yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    He's a priest. Trufax
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it's just a bug.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Pretty sure it's April Fool's

Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    ^I agree with this line of thought
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Blizzard and their April fools

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Give healers more honor/conquest per game, problem solved!

Some safety mechanism will probably be having to queue with a healing spec and getting a warning message that you will be kicked out of the queue if you try to change spec.

And I wonder, will you be able to queue as a tank :O?
    Lol??

If anything healers should be getting less to encourage more people to queue as DPS, ultimately leading to more fun, fast paced BGs and less boring turtles.

Random BGs are not balanced for how overpowered healers are today and the resulting popularity of healing specs. Never have been, never will be.

Healers are being balanced for arena and RBG where the coordinated effort of players can counteract healers inherent OPness, especially arena where a healer can only rely on off-healing from his teammates, if even that. In random BGs three healers keeping each other alive requires very little effort and skill compared to the monumental effort and coordination required from the strangers on the enemy team.

As far as longer queues are concerned there is a VERY simple fix that I hope Blizzard will employ.

15 man BGs capped at 3 healers
    10 man BGs capped at 2

However for opening up a fresh BG DPS take priority, obviously. So if there are not enough healers around on one side the BG opens with the minimum number of healers available to both sides, even if that means 1 healer for 15 man - or even zero.

So worst case scenario queues are only longer for healers, which as stated above might give incentive for some healers to queue as DPS which would mean less healers overall in random BGs, resulting in more fun and fast-paced games. Everybody wins.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 08:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    Blizzard already stated multiple times they are working on implementing the LFR model to random BGs.

It's going to happen, aside from the fact that this would be the worst aprils fools ever. "Hey guys, look we are implementing a great change for the game we already talked about a while ago!! Haha just kidding, we are going to keep things shitty."

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    It's going to happen, aside from the fact that this would be the worst aprils fools ever. "Hey guys, look we are implementing a great change for the game we already talked about a while ago!! Haha just kidding, we are going to keep things shitty."
    "Great change" that will do nothing but skyrocket your queues to the point where you were making more honour by losing due to lack of healers than you do after on your 50 minute queues.

I like having the choice. Restrictions like these will just mean longer queues, and inexperienced healers being "forced" to play healer so they can get a few games in during the time they have online.

Secondly, healer composition nearly always is a lesser influence on the game than the teams skill and ability to play together. People say "omg if they have 5 healers how you gonna kill all 5" to which I'd say "if you're trying to take on 5 of their team, you're probably not playing the most tactically", but thats a different discussion, and essentially boils down to learn-to-play issues. Battleground queues for random battlegrounds NEED to be quick. Sitting around waiting to play the game is BORING. Being FORCED to heal when you enter a BG just means you'll leave or AFK which helps no one. Let people play the role they want, and if lack of healers is really ruining your random BG fun, roll a healer yourself, or play with healer friends.

Another issue - when players leave a game, whether intentionally or because of a disconnection, one team is at a numercial disadvantage. By adding the role aspect to BG teams, you're going to increase the amount of time it takes to replace missing team mates. I for one (and I'm sure most of the players who do a lot of random BG's would agree) would rather have a DpS enter the team almost instantly, than play 10 vs. 9 for 10 minutes waiting for a healer. Who doesn't know how to heal anyway but got thrown in and "forced into healing spec" and "not allowed to respec or they get kicked"...

Honestly, what is the issue with healers in random battlegrounds? Are you really finding them that hard to burst down?
    So by this logic there should just not ever be any healers in BGs. What's the point? I mean they are of lesser influence than all of these players with all of this skill. I know every time I go into a BG, there are nothing but highly skilled players. I always feel obsolete.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

Funny thing is the other day when I played AB, the horde side that I am on had 1 healer. The alliance had 8, EIGHT! In my battlegroup this is more than needed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    So by this logic there should just not ever be any healers in BGs. What's the point? I mean they are of lesser influence than all of these players with all of this skill. I know every time I go into a BG, there are nothing but highly skilled players. I always feel obsolete.
    Nice sarcasm, have some points for that. If you could match that with some reading skills, you'd see I said healer "composition" is a lesser influence. Not healers.

An amazing healer can do great things for thier team but an amazing dps will carry a team to victory more often than a great healer will. As a healer all you can do is keep others alive, if they can't do anything then you're pretty screwed. As a good DpS you can control the entire match.

I'd rather have 5 good DpS on my team than 5 good healers. AS others have pointed out, thats just boring for starters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    I thought the point of RBGs were to have 'structured' PVP battles. I don't think this should be implemented for Random BGs, especially if it starts preventing me playing with friends who happen to all play healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I hope this is something that doesn't go live. Many ppl will skip around it or queue for things they wont do to speed up their queue times. This is a horrible solution to any issues that bg groups might be currently facing.
    I think it would be fine if they just lock you into your spec. They probably should have done that in LFR as well.

Deleted
    actually, http://www.darklegacycomics.com/354.html established that Donald is a priest.