Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Just got on the PTR and I found this waiting.

So set limits on Healers? Mandatory Tanks? Or just some weird shit they are trying. With how powerful healers are now I can see the reason to do this. If you random pvp at all I am sure you ended up in a game where the other team had 3-4 healers and you had 0 and it felt impossible. But on the other hand, queues aren't instant right now, so why make them longer.

Made your image a little smaller (click to get full size) ~ Snuggli

Sry Snugg, im running 2560x1440, cut down to 25%, didnt realize it was still to big.
    of course you can heal, use first aid.

I seem to remember reading something about this system not working as intended right now on the ptr (as your exemple clearly shows)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    horrible idea

roles don't win bgs, players do

this is just blizz caving to babies on the forums who don't understand the concept of cc and landing interrupts.
    Great idea!!

Sorry but having say 4 healers or more in 10 man bg's is gettin frikin ridiculous. Past week(s) I have bg's, especially 10 man's where on other side you get ridiculous comps of 4 healers and its basically GG. Sure those healers could suk and be poorly geared on the other team but again you telling me that you are going to lock down and cc 4 healers out of 10 players

I mean you always get the arguement of you should not be able to kill a healer 1v1 or to lock out healer u need chain cc's or lock down. So in that theory if you put 2 player on a healer, that means you have like 7 to 8 players just focusing on healers for whole bg. With all these healers they can basically bounce heals and dispels off each other and impossible to kill. The game thus becomes very, very stupid.

Now will this work? Can you change spec once in? I don't think its going to make que times longer because lets say they let 2 healers in each 10 man, and you que as heals then it wil just bounce you to next que. It should not add to longer que times for heals or anyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Great idea!!

Sorry but having say 4 healers or more in 10 man bg's is gettin frikin ridiculous. Past week(s) I have bg's, especially 10 man's where on other side you get ridiculous comps of 4 healers and its basically GG. Sure those healers could suk and be poorly geared on the other team but again you telling me that you are going to lock down and cc 4 healers out of 10 players

I mean you always get the arguement of you should not be able to kill a healer 1v1 or to lock out healer u need chain cc's or lock down. So in that theory if you put 2 player on a healer, that means you have like 7 to 8 players just focusing on healers for whole bg. With all these healers they can basically bounce heals and dispels off each other and impossible to kill. The game thus becomes very, very stupid.

Now will this work? Can you change spec once in? I don't think its going to make que times longer because lets say they let 2 healers in each 10 man, and you que as heals then it wil just bounce you to next que. It should not add to longer que times for heals or anyone.
    I remember winning a Twin Peaks, 3/0 with no healer on our team and 2 to 3 on theirs, late a night. That being said it is quite rare.

Well of course it depends on how competent and geared the healers are. I have won many games with my side no heals while they did. Usually zerging the healer works. If their team is peeling then not much else you can do.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the roll selection for bgs, but I see one problem with it. What if someone queues as heals for a faster queue THEN switches specs during prep?

This is becoming more and more of a problem in lfr. Healer queues are faster, so I've seen more and more hybrid classes dpsing in lfr when they should be healing thus causing wipes.

So how many people think they will get stuck in a bg with zero healers because a couple people wanted a faster queue time?
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    I like the roll selection for bgs, but I see one problem with it. What if someone queues as heals for a faster queue THEN switches specs during prep?

This is becoming more and more of a problem in lfr. Healer queues are faster, so I've seen more and more hybrid classes dpsing in lfr when they should be healing thus causing wipes.

So how many people think they will get stuck in a bg with zero healers because a couple people wanted a faster queue time?
    Don't you think Blizzard is smart enough to change that. Serious you can't change spec when the bg already started so what stop them from changing that in prep.

Quote Originally Posted by Stasis007 View Post
    It's random battlegrounds... Personally I'd rather have an inbuilt mechanism to ensure my team has a couple of healers. And if it encourages more people to try out healing (and hopefully grow to like it) then everyone wins.
    You just described exactly what this new change is about. By requiring healers to signup, blizzard can set the number of healer on each opposing side equally.

Quote Originally Posted by rubieruben View Post
    Don't you think Blizzard is smart enough to change that. Serious you can't change spec when the bg already started so what stop them from changing that in prep.
    Because people like to point out obvious flaws and pretend no one else, including the people developing the game, would have thought of them. Once the obvious flaw is pointed out the poster then tosses in some faux outrage (e.g. WHAT'S TO STOP SOME PALADIN FROM QUEUING AS A HEALER THEN SWITCHING TO RET ONCE INSIDE??? HUH??? WHAT???)

Quote Originally Posted by odiasuda View Post
    Because people like to point out obvious flaws and pretend no one else, including the people developing the game, would have thought of them. Once the obvious flaw is pointed out the poster then tosses in some faux outrage (e.g. WHAT'S TO STOP SOME PALADIN FROM QUEUING AS A HEALER THEN SWITCHING TO RET ONCE INSIDE??? HUH??? WHAT???)
    what would be a good idea is a forched spec change. aka sign up as healer? sure the game will auto switch to your healing spec. but i have a feeling that will come in later patches when blizzard finds out peple are dodging the queue this way.

Quote Originally Posted by rubieruben View Post
    Then whats stopping me from being in my DPS spec and gear, queueing up as a healer, then entering the BG with my current spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Obviously that wouldn't work, try to be constructive
    I was sarcastic in the way I posted, but I am actually serious. Remove all healing from BGS and we won't have the issues we have now. Just yesterday I was in a random bg. We got WSG, horde had 8 healers and 2 dps; 1 Mage 1 Spriest.. a bunch of disc/mist and a paladin healer. We had 1 healer, granted we smashed them because they were putting out no damage.. this should not happened, especially not in a 7 year old WSG game.

I hope you have maxed first aid on that warrior.

My Horde already has 5-8m queues, as much as I want this to help improve the quality of games, the queue times are going to skyrocket.

Consider this:

New players gearing up have, let's say, 2-3x longer queues. For some, that'll not mean much and they'll just queue up. For others, it's just not worthwhile. Considering that it's already faster to gear up in dungeons with a 5m premade than it is to gear up in BGs with the same, I don't see many fresh 90's queuing. While this has 2 effects; first being that there won't be any, or many, undergeared players which results in better BGs, the second that queue times goes up.

As has been mentioned, people looking to cheese the queue timers as a healing hybrid will queue up as a healer without any intent to heal purely for the sake of faster queues. It happens in dungeons and LFR as it is and while they're usually kicked out, when most of your comrades are AI, it's not helpful.

That leads onto the next point, that bots will do this. As a result, you'll probably see more hybirds in BGs, as they'll be cheesing the queues, and I'd say even more of the current percentage of hybirds that are botting will increase.

I like the idea, but like most of Blizzard's ideas; it's going to end up flopping. If they continue ignoring PvP's issues while piling more potential issues on the top, it's just going to end horribly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I hope you have maxed first aid on that warrior.
    600/600 + Canabalize.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your Battleground is ready! Your Role Healer! WTF
    YOU CAN HEAL IT, WARRIOR, I HAS FAITH IN JOO!!!!!

Yeah most RBGs run 3 in a 10man. So maybe they do 3 in 10, 4 in 15, 12 in 40mans.
    I don´t think that there needs to be a fixed number of healers in rnd BGs. It´s ok if there´s an equal number on both sides. Warsong for example: It´s ok with 2 healers on both sides and it´s fine with 0 healers as well. Just demands a different playstyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    People will cry about this i'm sure. But it is a good mechanism to put into the game if you think about it. It will equal out the teams, this way each team will have a set number healers and it will just make the games a lot more fun.

this is exactly the random dungeon que, but you don't see every class que'ing for a healer if they aren't. Sure there are a few lone rangers that que for a healer in dps gear ect but it's very rare.

It will work out in the end, and just remember...it's PTR for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    this is exactly the random dungeon que, but you don't see every class que'ing for a healer if they aren't. Sure there are a few lone rangers that que for a healer in dps gear ect but it's very rare.
    From my experience, PvP'ers tend to be bigger cunts than PvE'ers. The odds of Shadow/Ret/Ehn/Ele/Balance/Feral queuing up as a healer and then DPSing is far more likely in random BGs than it is in Dungeons. In BGs, you can do without. In Instances, you can't do without a healer for the most part without hybirds actively supporting and you will actively see people kicking if required. Random BGs are full of people who only care about what they want to do, not what it takes to win and since the number of players who're trying to win is lower the combined number of bots and mid-map heroes, people probably won't be kicked in a reasonable time frame. That's why this is a bad idea for PvP, not to mention queue times.