Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I also sometimes have this issue where my VL loses aggro. I actually don't even know how he holds aggro in the first place -- taunt doesn't work, and I'm doing much more damage than he is ... but anyway, soulshatter doesn't help (maybe I should be using it well before I lose aggro in the first place) ... gateway only works temporarily. If that happens, 3/4 times it's a wipe for me. Pretty rare I can get it stuck back on the VL.
    Voidwalker loses aggro when the pet gets feared/moves too far away from the pull point. Just have to move the pet back to the spawn point before the next fear, but sometimes even that isnt enough when the fear makes it bolt in a straight line away. Doesnt happen often though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Voidwalker loses aggro when the pet gets feared/moves too far away from the pull point. Just have to move the pet back to the spawn point before the next fear, but sometimes even that isnt enough when the fear makes it bolt in a straight line away. Doesnt happen often though.
    I use the summon / stopcasting macro to keep it from getting feared far away. But I use a move-to keybind to get it out of the way for when the ghost thing spawns, and it usually doesn't lose aggro when I do that (like one out of maybe ever 15 or so Warbringers I wipe due to VW losing aggro and not being able to regain it).

The only thing I can think is that maybe sometimes I forget to have it re-attack after moving it (move-to over-rides attacking), but if this is the case then a soul-shatter should be more than enough for me to lose aggro if the VW has had aggro for most of the fight. Yet, soulshatter does nothing basically, and I have to use gate for the temp threat dump ... and it's a roll of the dice whether the VW can regain aggro in this time, and usually it's only a few attacks for me to get aggro back. I'd sit longer but I need that soul leech shield to keep it from dying.

Oh well ... all in all not bad for being able to solo them when most other classes/specs can't, and being able to do it in a fraction of the time tanks can.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Yep, noticed that so I always send it back but like you said sometimes that isn't enough

So it just seems that soul link is op, not sure why though.

I tried several times and failed before, then saw this and switched to soul link and now they are cake. (that was the only change I made).

Is it because the damage now has to go thru soul leech on the pet and you now? I find myself only having to use 2 or so ember taps as well. Its stupid easy now, and impossible before soul link.

The only thing I can think is that maybe sometimes I forget to have it re-attack after moving it (move-to over-rides attacking), but if this is the case then a soul-shatter should be more than enough for me to lose aggro if the VW has had aggro for most of the fight. Yet, soulshatter does nothing basically, and I have to use gate for the temp threat dump ... and it's a roll of the dice whether the VW can regain aggro in this time, and usually it's only a few attacks for me to get aggro back. I'd sit longer but I need that soul leech shield to keep it from dying.
    Whenever I run into an issue where my voidlord loses threat I just use my gateway and jump through every time the debuff fades, keeps the warbringer more or less glued to the voidlord. It makes it a little inconvenient, but it's better than having to deal with d-bags that want to try to taunt and reset it and steal your tag.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Whenever I run into an issue where my voidlord loses threat I just use my gateway and jump through every time the debuff fades, keeps the warbringer more or less glued to the voidlord. It makes it a little inconvenient, but it's better than having to deal with d-bags that want to try to taunt and reset it and steal your tag.
    Aren't they immune to taunt ?

Gotta say, I tried out this strategy, and it works like a charm. I was simply shocked at how easy (and quickly) these things die. Even with some nasty fears into other mobs, I was never really in any significant danger. Only when a fear caused a returning warscout to ALSO aggro was it a bit dicey for a bit, but even then it was still fun managing than feeling "OMG GONNA DIE"

Amusingly, on the first solo kill, got the Jade mount. Soon, the others shall be mine!
    Mercy has no meaning to me.
    Common Sense and Common Courtesy should both be renamed; neither are very common anymore.

Also worth noting that affliction does well with solo'ing these as well. Glyph of siphon life, demon training, and drain life. Voidlord tank, alternate DL and MG to heal as needed. Use gateway to reset if you somehow get threat. SB:SS + coex to get the spirit.

Destro or affliction are viable and similar kill speed. Demo can do it too its just more of a headache since it doesn't have the self healing other specs do. That said voidlord, glyph of DA, and glyph of demon training give your pet more armor than most tanks.... You end up using glyph'd DL as a filler and it takes so much longer to kill it.

Soulshatter has never worked for me when I have to dump threat from the warbringer. Gateway works every time. No idea why. I've stopped soloing these after getting 3 mounts, all of the same kind...

Quote Originally Posted by MordainThade View Post
    Gotta say, I tried out this strategy, and it works like a charm. I was simply shocked at how easy (and quickly) these things die. Even with some nasty fears into other mobs, I was never really in any significant danger. Only when a fear caused a returning warscout to ALSO aggro was it a bit dicey for a bit, but even then it was still fun managing than feeling "OMG GONNA DIE"

Amusingly, on the first solo kill, got the Jade mount. Soon, the others shall be mine!
    You can prevent the fear-running by starting to cast a summon spell then cancelling it. You can even macro them together. The stun from summoning sickness over-rides running around from the fear.

War-God Dokah on Isle of Giants ship can be soloed as well. He is like Warbringer on steroids, 40mln hp and 5 abilities. At 515+ilvl he is doable, though take like 10 minutes to kill, with adds respawning during fight. Doesn't drop mount, but have near guaranteed Big bag and TON of insignias. About 30 min respawn too.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ninepointseven View Post
    Soulshatter has never worked for me when I have to dump threat from the warbringer. Gateway works every time. No idea why. I've stopped soloing these after getting 3 mounts, all of the same kind...
    How many kills did it take before you saw a mount drop? I've killed over 40 of them now, all solo. Not one mount.
    Last edited by Vulcanasm; 2013-05-07 at 10:31 PM.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    Are these bugged in some way I don't know? I've killed around 40 of them now, not one mount.
    5% chance. RNG is RNG. As for same kind, you can see which mount have chance to drop based on what Warbringer is riding.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    5% chance. RNG is RNG. As for same kind, you can see which mount have chance to drop based on what Warbringer is riding.
    Right. That means the chance of at least one success in 40 tries is 87%. I think my actual # of Warbringer kills is even higher, but 40 is my minimum "ballpark" estimate.

Hence my question.

To identify the mount, thw colour sometimes doesn't help. But the eyes shall reveal the truth! Look for the colour of ita eyes.
    Last edited by evertonbelmontt; 2013-05-08 at 08:18 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Demo can do it too its just more of a headache since it doesn't have the self healing other specs do. That said voidlord, glyph of DA, and glyph of demon training give your pet more armor than most tanks.... You end up using glyph'd DL as a filler and it takes so much longer to kill it.
    Demo (Voidlord soul link/soul leech) works just fine so long as you have gear enough that your soul leech balances out the damage to your voidy, which isn't all that high so long as he's not tanking the spirit (HoG works great for grabbing aggro on it, but even if I don't hit it instantly, it seem to aggro onto my Wild Imps, which I can't explain). When I can get scarabs with HoG or Immo Aura, I get a #$@%ton of fury and can really go to town with meta soul fires. I've got it down to a three minute fight. Losing aggro due to fear is the only thing (other than alliance) that ever messes with me, but I put a gateway down as a failsafe. So long as I bring the voidy back before he gets feared too far away, he seems to do fine holding them.

I've used dozens of the rep insignias, have 160 of them piling up on my Monk alt, still no mount. At least when one finally drops, I won't lose the roll.
    Last edited by Mnevis; 2013-05-08 at 10:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been farming them with another warlock from another server for the past few weeks with no issues (using soul link as destro). We even kill the war god on the boat with no issue.

The best part is that we can kill the same war bringer twice!

All you need is someone from another server in the group.

Just fly to each spawn point and invite your friend from the other server. He will then get ported to your server kill him and drop group then have him invite you and if the same war bringer is up kill him on his server. Rinse and repeat!

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    To identify the mount, thw colour sometimes doesn't help. But the eyes shall reveal the truth! Look for the colour of ita eyes.
    Hm, neat. (After making my rather pissy previous post in this thread, I got 2...but, um, I want the pretty one.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    Hm, neat. (After making my rather pissy previous post in this thread, I got 2...but, um, I want the pretty one.)
    Which one is the "pretty one" ? I was after Jade and Slate (in that order -- although I'm actually preferring Slate), but now I want Amber just to complete the set.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which one is the "pretty one" ? I was after Jade and Slate (in that order -- although I'm actually preferring Slate), but now I want Amber just to complete the set.
    Jade. Matches green fire, and such. I have slate and amber and neither really impresses me.