Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Zandalari Warbringers

Not "old" content yet and a pretty specific subject, so I've made a separate thread instead of lumping it into the soloing old content one, though I can understand if a mod would want to merge them.

How's everyone dealing with Zandalari warbringers after the recent changes? I'd previously been farming the hell out of them, getting one mount and enough commendations to hit exalted with factions on multiple alts, however - I recently went back in an attempt to get another mount and found their taunt immunity had turned them into a pain, since one pet death spelled doom, since they resummoned pet can't taunt and the warbringers seem immune to soulshatter.

Anyone found an easier way of dealing with them, or is avoiding a pet death essential to the kill now? Sometimes an unlucky chain of hits while low on shards seems to demolish the pet in seconds.

I'm guessing you've already tried gateway? I haven't tried doing them solo since the patch so I can't help you beyond that recommendation.
    Last edited by Kink; 2013-03-30 at 04:00 AM.

Glyph of demon training...?, anw , with it and a 501ilvl afflock (mine) i almost got one down, some fuckers lured other mobs and messed my rotation, so at 20% left, i died.

What i was doing:
    Started the fight with the voidwalker with 3 stacks of shield and no cd on it, then used health funel with soul shard on, a LOOOOOOOT.
    my way to regain shards back was leaving the scarabs on me, killing one by one with 1 fel flame and drainsould to finish.

Sometimes you get lucky and your voidwalker parrys/dodges well, others it just doesn't work out no matter how much you heal them...
    have yet to try it out sometime quietly, with no one to interrupt/mess with me, since it's a slowly and carefull method

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Not "old" content yet and a pretty specific subject, so I've made a separate thread instead of lumping it into the soloing old content one, though I can understand if a mod would want to merge them.

How's everyone dealing with Zandalari warbringers after the recent changes? I'd previously been farming the hell out of them, getting one mount and enough commendations to hit exalted with factions on multiple alts, however - I recently went back in an attempt to get another mount and found their taunt immunity had turned them into a pain, since one pet death spelled doom, since they resummoned pet can't taunt and the warbringers seem immune to soulshatter.

Anyone found an easier way of dealing with them, or is avoiding a pet death essential to the kill now? Sometimes an unlucky chain of hits while low on shards seems to demolish the pet in seconds.
    i did all mine with Supremacy void lord w/ Soul Link as destro. still really easy with Ember Tap+ Mortal Coil. also turn off Suffering and kite the Spirit so it won't beat on your pet.Also if it has Scarab Storm use RoF to build embers for CB/Tap

Deleted
    soloing them as affliction with Overgrown Lilypad is a piece of cake. we warlocks get rejuvenation from it, and it heals more than on my alt healer druid

Oh and yeah, if your pet dies, you should have a portal ready there to reset your agro!

good luck!

I find it disgusting how blizzard stopped ranged from soloing it, but made it possible for tanks to still solo it.
    i propose a stacking healing/armor debuff that can only be dispelled by a healer, or something similar. least then they have to go with 2....

I go with Soul link,Mortal coil,Supremacy and Soul leech. I use my voidlord and the trick here is that Soul link reduces healing on the pet but not absorb effects so Soul leech is the same while pet damage reduction is a lot higher so that makes Soul leech a lot stronger.I am destro so I get very high shields with it.I mitigate the damage from Soul link with Twilight ward,Keep your voids taunt not on auto cast so it doesnt taunt the spirit and when you see the warbringer casting the spirit just use Rain of fire on him and so as soon as the spirit spawns it will be on you and than Havoc Chaos bolt the spirit for a massive shield if the warbringer has scarab swarm I just Rain of fire to get around 3-4embers.My pet with this tactic is always at 100% hp because the warbringer cant get through the shield except if he gets a lucky crit streak than I just use mortal coil/glyphed healthstone/ember taps to get my pet up. I have 512 item level though...so it may be harder for others you can just use Demonic gateway to to summon another pet if it dies and reset aggro. One more tip I can give is when he fears your pet just start to cast summon voidlord(or any pet) and then cancel the cast and so your voidlord will be stunned by Summoning Disorientation so it wont run into other mobs and make your solo attempt harder(especially if it runs into a scout or the pterodactil) You may have to start casting it twice depending how you time it because the fear is longer than the stun
    Last edited by Shiftty; 2013-03-30 at 11:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it disgusting how blizzard stopped ranged from soloing it, but made it possible for tanks to still solo it.
    I agree on this, doesn't make sense to stop - or make it near impossible for some people to solo it. While still letting others be able to do it.

They should simply make them work like the isle of thunder rares, everyone can attack them and get a chance at loot. But the mob's health goes up. heck even make them do more dmg or whatever, it would still make it more enjoyable to farm these for a lot more people.

Often others will try to wipe you etc, instead of forming a group. It is silly in a MMO to have people not want to group up for things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    I don't think the purpose of the changes was aimed at making it impossible/hard for some specs to solo, more so it was to avoid people taunting/kiting it if others tagged it to make it evade.
    i propose a stacking healing/armor debuff that can only be dispelled by a healer, or something similar. least then they have to go with 2....
    I don't really see how that would solve stuff. Monks and druids can stack reasonable dodge as active mitigation and probably let it fall off, paladins can bubble or HoP out of it. In case it would be undodgeable, a lot of the monk's healing is actually done in absorbs so with the proper gear and not taking unnecessary damage it won't be impossible either. In case of armor debuff, monks can probably tank it with 100% armor debuff given how little they have anyway and their mechanics are based around that so it wouldn't matter much either, would just make them take slightly more damage. To top it off with the warbringer's cast times, and good useage of roll/roll/roll and transcendence, they can probably kite it long enough to let stacks fall off anyway.
    The only way they would not be easily soloable is probably if they would make them challenging as well for a group of 4+ people due to some mechanic. I'm not sure why you complain about it because nothing stops you from going on an alt and solo them. All stuff they drop is BoA or BoE, apart from perhaps the odd BoP ilvl 440 epic that can be in the big bag I suppose.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    u can easily solo as warlóck, just go destro is easier, use supremacy, put a gate, use voidlord, if yiou void lord dies, just ress him with flames use gatem reset the agroo, and keep doing the same, if your pet dies before flames reset the cooldown just keep running and cast the voidlord summon using ur shields and defensive cooldowns, and again repeat...

I was doing it as afflic for rather awhile, but lately I've been doing them all as destro. As others have said, destro with soul leech, soul link, mortal coil, and GoSup is pretty much the key to easy victory. Put up a gateway either before you start, or if you are paranoid of someone tagging before you drop it after you pull. With soul link you'll never have a problem with your pet dying, but the gateway will serve as a nice safety net in case you take aggro (I've had times where he randomly drops threat and my void can't take it back because of the taunt immunity).
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Destruction with the void lord, Glyphs of demon training > glyph of ember tap > either healthstone or conflag doesn't mater to much.

Soul link and mortal coil,

Just make sure to move your pet away from the spirits, aoe down the scarabs, keep embers for ember taps to kep you and your pet healed up

Destruction, voidlord, no Demon training glyph. Gateway up. FoX on CD basically once VL dies, resummon by hardcast if necessary. Resummoned him at least 15 times. Died under 5% because I got people dragging things on me and I got tripped up. Dark Bargain works wonders for a hardcast summon.

Destro or aff with a voidlord, drain soul glyph/ember tap glyph, soul link, use gateway to keep resetting threat. Aff can full dot, use DL (glyph'd) as a filler, and it should be able to keep the VL up if you glyph demon training. Tried demo w' DA and voidlord but he got wrecked. Just blow shadowfury and some aoe to down the little adds quick and be ready to blow a CD if the spirit goes on your pet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Washuwa View Post
    u can easily solo as warlóck, just go destro is easier, use supremacy, put a gate, use voidlord, if yiou void lord dies, just ress him with flames use gatem reset the agroo, and keep doing the same, if your pet dies before flames reset the cooldown just keep running and cast the voidlord summon using ur shields and defensive cooldowns, and again repeat...
    just tried this and it was surprisingly easy. didn't expect that.

Curse of Exhaustion doesn't work anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by iru View Post
    Curse of Exhaustion doesn't work anymore?
    I'm assuming this is in response to

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    ...FoX on CD basically once VL dies, resummon by hardcast if necessary...
    In which case FoX = Flames of Xor'oth (insta resummon last pet for 1 ember on 1 min CD), which is not CoX.

I'm kind of curious why so many opt for no soul link, for me with soul link both my void and I rarely ever drop below 80%, and that's usually only if I'm not paying attention and my void gets a spirit on him. Just seems like it makes it more of a hassle to have to resummon your void a lot (and also using embers on FoX instead of more CBs :P).

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    I'm assuming this is in response to
    In which case FoX = Flames of Xor'oth (insta resummon last pet for 1 ember on 1 min CD), which is not CoX.
    Oh no no, I just meant to ask that if Curse of Exhaustion (with glyph) does not work on the warbringers anymore? As it was the most easiest way to do the warbringers (before the fix anyway). Just use exhaustion on cd and run around. I wasn't sure if they nerfed it too on the warbringres.

Edit: It does not work so I guess we'll have harder time doing it
    Last edited by iru; 2013-04-01 at 07:51 PM.

Yea blizz made them immune to pretty much all CCs and taunt immune to minimize the amount of griefing that people were doing.

Deleted
    Checklist:
    - Destruction spec
    - GoSup Voidlord
    - Turn pet taunt off
    - Soul Link
    - Soul Leech
    - Glyph of Siphon Life
    - Mortal Coil
    - Twilight Ward

With these talents/abilities you can solo these guys easily. Pre-pop a Twilight Ward before you start the fight and use it on cooldown during the fight as well. Your Soul Leech shield will absorb pretty much all the damage and your pet takes 90% reduced AoE damage so the frontal cone ability is negated completely. The only thing you have to worry about is the spirit. Just slap an immolate and a havoc on the spirit and it should be enough to keep aggro on it. Make sure to have pet taunt off otherwise the voidlord will taunt it back and you will die. Just keep 3 charges of Healthstone in case and use Mortal Coil to heal up a bit if you take damage. Glyph of siphon life will heal you up gradually as well.

Easy as hell.