Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    When you havoc the spirit use a chaos bolt to get a big shield and some nice damage

    Doing it as destro almost makes it faceroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

  2. #22
    Epic! Mnevis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Buckeye State
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    Easy as hell.
    Till some Worgen comes along at 20% and steals your kill.

    Anyone got any experience hunting them crossrealm?

  3. #23
    The Patient Nerfarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In a world where I bloom
    Posts
    304
    I am decently geared and with the tipps here I found these mobs a joke. I talented Mortal Coil out but ended up not even using it, as Soul Leech is so freakishly strong I was never ever damaged by the warbringer, and if I were he hit me for 10k or so. Pieces of cake if you have the time to kill them.

  4. #24
    solo them 24/7 even after changes have 2 different mounts exalted with reps even vendored 3 mount now (2g50s i think)
    sure ppl ask for inv for the mount and they can have the mount but when i do let them join then run with all tokens and mount if they can so i think no way il just solo them and vendor the damn mount everyone still wants maybe i should try selling them they drop to often ^^

    Same Shit Different Day

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    Checklist:
    - Destruction spec
    - GoSup Voidlord
    - Turn pet taunt off
    - Soul Link
    - Soul Leech
    - Glyph of Siphon Life
    - Mortal Coil
    - Twilight Ward

    With these talents/abilities you can solo these guys easily. Pre-pop a Twilight Ward before you start the fight and use it on cooldown during the fight as well. Your Soul Leech shield will absorb pretty much all the damage and your pet takes 90% reduced AoE damage so the frontal cone ability is negated completely. The only thing you have to worry about is the spirit. Just slap an immolate and a havoc on the spirit and it should be enough to keep aggro on it. Make sure to have pet taunt off otherwise the voidlord will taunt it back and you will die. Just keep 3 charges of Healthstone in case and use Mortal Coil to heal up a bit if you take damage. Glyph of siphon life will heal you up gradually as well.

    Easy as hell.
    Can also add a keybind for pet's "move to" in the event that the spirit gets stuck on your pet, makes it really easy to get your pet away from the spirit.
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing Spreadsheet, original courtesy of Dr. Wuky
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki | PM if you add me

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    solo them 24/7 even after changes have 2 different mounts exalted with reps even vendored 3 mount now (2g50s i think)
    sure ppl ask for inv for the mount and they can have the mount but when i do let them join then run with all tokens and mount if they can so i think no way il just solo them and vendor the damn mount everyone still wants maybe i should try selling them they drop to often ^^
    Set loot to master loot to avoid that

    Can solo them with no problem on my monk ( tank spec )

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcowlol View Post
    Set loot to master loot to avoid that

    Can solo them with no problem on my monk ( tank spec )

    true but when ppl say i only want mount i kinda wanne give em some trust but seems you cant trust other players

    Same Shit Different Day

  8. #28
    Destro with Soul Leech and Soul Link made this super easy. I don't think my Voidlord even lost his shield the entire fight.

  9. #29
    I have my pet taunt off but sometimes i still cant get the spirits aggro.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by hnh456 View Post
    I have my pet taunt off but sometimes i still cant get the spirits aggro.
    Just keybind your pet's "move to" button and use that to have him kite the spirit.
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing Spreadsheet, original courtesy of Dr. Wuky
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki | PM if you add me

  11. #31
    I shadowfury the spirit to stun it then do a felflame and the spirit aggros me, its easier to kite it than having the pet do it
    Warlock / IA Operative / Wizard / Engineer

  12. #32
    Dreadlord Danmakus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo
    Posts
    874
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    I find it disgusting how blizzard stopped ranged from soloing it
    i can still solo this as a BM hunter, it requires a bit of clever kiting and speed boosts. engineering and maybe a potion of speed. (and since im a goblin i can use rocket jump aswell.

    i do feel your pain as a warlock tho. and agree that if they want it to stop being soloed, they should really make em unsoloable by all. hoping this gets some attention soon

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    i can still solo this as a BM hunter, it requires a bit of clever kiting and speed boosts. engineering and maybe a potion of speed. (and since im a goblin i can use rocket jump aswell.

    i do feel your pain as a warlock tho. and agree that if they want it to stop being soloed, they should really make em unsoloable by all. hoping this gets some attention soon
    I actually think warlock is one of the easiest classes to solo it with. As pretty much everyone has said, destro with supremacy (voidlord) and soul link makes the fight almost trivial. The only hazard is the spirit but it's usually easily handled. Been killing them all day as a ilvl 491 destro.

  14. #34


    Made a video yesterday because people kept saying it's impossible after the changes.
    Destruction with VW tank; check the video if you want to see it in action :3.

  15. #35
    I just keep RoF up to make sure the spirit comes to me.

    I do however have issues sometimes when for some reason the aggro of my void resets (thank god for gates) or the damage on my void is higher then normal (still kill them but takes a bit longer)

  16. #36
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Look behind you, and into the distance
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    I find it disgusting how blizzard stopped ranged from soloing it, but made it possible for tanks to still solo it.
    i propose a stacking healing/armor debuff that can only be dispelled by a healer, or something similar. least then they have to go with 2....
    Uh. . . 5-man heroics are soloable. Why can't a 5-man group mob be soloable as well?

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I just keep RoF up to make sure the spirit comes to me.

    I do however have issues sometimes when for some reason the aggro of my void resets (thank god for gates) or the damage on my void is higher then normal (still kill them but takes a bit longer)
    I also sometimes have this issue where my VL loses aggro. I actually don't even know how he holds aggro in the first place -- taunt doesn't work, and I'm doing much more damage than he is ... but anyway, soulshatter doesn't help (maybe I should be using it well before I lose aggro in the first place) ... gateway only works temporarily. If that happens, 3/4 times it's a wipe for me. Pretty rare I can get it stuck back on the VL.
    --
    Boub called me a fanboy
    --
    #SaveDrainSoul #TakeMaleficGraspInstead

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I actually don't even know how he holds aggro in the first place -- taunt doesn't work, and I'm doing much more damage than he is ...
    Threatening Presence :P

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    Threatening Presence :P
    Well I was figuring that in, but I just looked it up and apparently it's 11x threat. I figured it gave the same threat bonus actual tanks get, at 5x ... and I do much more than 5x its dps, which is why I wasn't sure.
    --
    Boub called me a fanboy
    --
    #SaveDrainSoul #TakeMaleficGraspInstead

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Well I was figuring that in, but I just looked it up and apparently it's 11x threat. I figured it gave the same threat bonus actual tanks get, at 5x ... and I do much more than 5x its dps, which is why I wasn't sure.
    Makes sense doesn't it? Your pet does not nearly as much dmg as real tank would, so your own dmg would out-threat your own tank pet instantly

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •