Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Primordius Achievement Impossible?

    You need to kill Primordius without anyone absorbing a Mutagenic Pool. http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8037

    On 10 man Normal, boss has 218 mil health.

    218 mil * 4 (75% damage reduction without Fully Mutated) / 480 seconds (8 minute Berserk) = 1.81 million raid DPS sustained for 8 minutes. This doesn't seem possible without T16 Heroic gear.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    You need to kill Primordius without anyone absorbing a Mutagenic Pool. http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8037

    On 10 man Normal, boss has 218 mil health.

    218 mil * 4 (75% damage reduction without Fully Mutated) / 480 seconds (8 minute Berserk) = 1.81 million raid DPS sustained for 8 minutes. This doesn't seem possible without T16 Heroic gear.
    Even more than that, it also states none of the adds can hit primordius, you'd need to aoe adds down constantly.

    Maybe if you stack the raid with destro locks spamming MF RoF and chain chaos bolting the boss. two birds one stone.

  3. #3
    You bring one healer and everyone does 210k sustained dps. I don't see the problem.

  4. #4
    300k or so with the adds. Be some interesting kiting involved there, can easily aoe the back ones but front ones... ergh.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    Even more than that, it also states none of the adds can hit primordius, you'd need to aoe adds down constantly.
    The achievement only states "mutagenic pools" which are what spawn when you kill the adds. I imagine you'd still be able to let him absorb the adds themselves.

  6. #6
    the achievement does seem extremely overtuned. would have been easy to do the first week when primodius was bugged and taking huge amounts of damage

    Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    Even more than that, it also states none of the adds can hit primordius, you'd need to aoe adds down constantly.
    it says none of the pools can hit the boss. I think the adds would be different than the pools but not 100% sure.

  7. #7
    Since 3 guilds have done it I'd say it isn't impossible.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Since 3 guilds have done it I'd say it isn't impossible.
    links? I can't find that stuff too good

  9. #9
    I don't see why it would be impossible - on the first week on heroics, we brought H Primordius to 25% or so without ever touching a single blob, and we didn't even wipe to enrage (enrage was beatable), we wiped to nothing more than Primordius' damage. I know that other guilds tried the same thing and had roughly similar results in the 2x% range. It's probably killable that way with our current gear, tbh.
    Needless to say, if this is doable on heroic, this is extremely doable on normal - it's probably one of the easiest achievements if anything.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    The achievement only states "mutagenic pools" which are what spawn when you kill the adds. I imagine you'd still be able to let him absorb the adds themselves.
    I believe this is correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I don't see why it would be impossible - on the first week on heroics, we brought H Primordius to 25% or so without ever touching a single blob, and we didn't even wipe to enrage (enrage was beatable), we wiped to nothing more than Primordius' damage. I know that other guilds tried the same thing and had roughly similar results in the 2x% range. It's probably killable that way with our current gear, tbh.
    Needless to say, if this is doable on heroic, this is extremely doable on normal - it's probably one of the easiest achievements if anything.
    Sounds like this was done when the boss was bugged, as is likely with anybody having completed this achievement so far.
    We are currently recruiting for Mists of Pandaria!

  11. #11
    Yeah looks like it doesn't matter if adds hit boss, as long as you dont drag him over the pools, assuming you get any. So back to my first plan, stack destro locks for chaos bolt spamming.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    links? I can't find that stuff too good
    http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=8037

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Since 3 guilds have done it I'd say it isn't impossible.
    That's probably because the fight was ludicrously bugged during the first week and the boss was taking extra damage.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-03-30 at 05:55 AM.

    Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    And here's the actual log of one of those guilds.

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/l2j35...?s=3119&e=3579

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    thanks, I always forget about guildox!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    And here's the actual log of one of those guilds.

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/l2j35...?s=3119&e=3579
    Seems like the 75% damage reduction on the boss wasn't working there.

  17. #17
    It doesn't reduce your damage by 75%, it reduces your damage to 75% (regardless of whatever the tooltip says)

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    It doesn't reduce your damage by 75%, it reduces your damage to 75% (regardless of whatever the tooltip says)
    yeah, that is what the tooltip says. several of the tool tips on this boss are just flat out wrong though which is annoying.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Seems like the 75% damage reduction on the boss wasn't working there.
    I actually checked the log against their Magaera kill from the same log and it seems like the boss is taking 75% damage instead of 75% reduced damage which is netting only a 25% damage reduction.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    It doesn't reduce your damage by 75%, it reduces your damage to 75% (regardless of whatever the tooltip says)
    I'm pretty sure you do 75% less damage.

    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/140544-mutated-abomination

    Mod Damage Taken (All)
    Amount: 75%

    In comparison, unglyphed Deterrence http://www.wowdb.com/spells/19263-deterrence

    Mod Damage Taken (All)
    Amount: 30%

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •