Horridon Need Help

Constructive feed back would be helpful.

Not sure whats going on seems like dispells are hard to handle in our group comp, doesnt help that some people die to sand traps, or orbs, here is WoL - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-023d9d5mxcbimif8/

If you can point out
    -Who taking most dmg from what
    -Is there enough dispells
    -Enough Interrupts

Healer point a view
    -What could be improved.
    -Dispelling

basicly what is doing us in mostly, hard to say if you cant see the fight itself. Any and all advice would be nice. Please again keep it constructive. No Trolls, Bashing or anything along them lines

Edit: It was 2 healed.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Noix; 2013-04-07 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    Constructive feed back would be helpful.

Not sure whats going on seems like dispells are hard to handle in our group comp, doesnt help that some people die to sand traps, or orbs, here is WoL - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-023d9d5mxcbimif8/

If you can point out
    -Who taking most dmg from what
    -Is there enough dispells
    -Enough Interrupts

Healer point a view
    -What could be improved.
    -Dispelling

basicly what is doing us in mostly, hard to say if you cant see the fight itself. Any and all advice would be nice. Please again keep it constructive. No Trolls, Bashing or anything along them lines

Edit: It was 2 healed.

Thank you.
    My guild never has an issue with this anymore so I will atleast give you a point of view as a dps(rogue)

1st door- we kill wastewalkers over anything and I mark them with skulls so our dps can focus them fast. Killing them is very important since they do the debuff.

2nd door- we kill the first priest and I interrupt him. When the next 2 drop I have my dk friend hop on the non marked on to interrupt it and I mark mine with a skull and interrupt that one. I am also in charge of nuking infusions. If you follow this and assign people jobs you will never get a poison volley.

3rd gate- we nuke first warlord, then we start to slowly kite to the 4th door killing warlords as we go so the raid isn't taking damage from frozen orbs. Pretty simple, also if you have dks, have them pop army for a warlord. We have one pop one them after its done the other pops his, because the debuff will be put onto the army instead of your people.

4th gate- we have everyone on the shamans and I primarily focus down the casters with my dk friend so we can keep them interrupted.

When waffle drops down we drop lust and then kill horridon. Btw make sure your dpsn horridon between gates when waiting for gates.

Morale of this story is if you assign good interrupters you'll never fail

Also you run 2 Pallys like us... We have our dk tank horridon and rotate bubbles on him to reset stacks each gate.

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    My guild never has an issue with this anymore so I will atleast give you a point of view as a dps(rogue)

1st door- we kill wastewalkers over anything and I mark them with skulls so our dps can focus them fast. Killing them is very important since they do the debuff.

2nd door- we kill the first priest and I interrupt him. When the next 2 drop I have my dk friend hop on the non marked on to interrupt it and I mark mine with a skull and interrupt that one. I am also in charge of nuking infusions. If you follow this and assign people jobs you will never get a poison volley.

3rd gate- we nuke first warlord, then we start to slowly kite to the 4th door killing warlords as we go so the raid isn't taking damage from frozen orbs. Pretty simple, also if you have dks, have them pop army for a warlord. We have one pop one them after its done the other pops his, because the debuff will be put onto the army instead of your people.

4th gate- we have everyone on the shamans and I primarily focus down the casters with my dk friend so we can keep them interrupted.

When waffle drops down we drop lust and then kill horridon. Btw make sure your dpsn horridon between gates when waiting for gates.

Morale of this story is if you assign good interrupters you'll never fail

Also you run 2 Pallys like us... We have our dk tank horridon and rotate bubbles on him to reset stacks each gate.
    we run with 1 pally, we dont make it half way done 3rd door. we start droping between door 2 - 3 (sometimes inside of 3). thats what we do (minus) the army, we get debuff from first door and can handle dispells ok, but we always get it. 2nd door we (lately) dont get over 1 stack if that. so yea odd add gets us. 3rd door Debuff over run us seems like, 3-5 people get it then us 2 healers are over run by it that it starts to add up, Orbs are not much of a concern as of yet.

Thank you for the import will be well used to explain a bit better.

Our group uses 3 healers. Besides making the damage more managable, the extra cleanses for the Magic debuff on the 1st door helps.

Interrupts are king for the 2nd door. With decent DPS it's possible to not even get a stack of poison. In our group the resto shaman helps focus interrupts on secondary targets when multiple priests are up.

Similar to what kilj said, we kite from the 3rd door to the 4th door, which makes the orbs less of an issue.

Keep in mind not all debuffs can be dispelled by every class. In all phases, DPS should help with dispells.

10+ Year Old Account
    We were stuck on Horridon for a while, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy. This week's lockout, we 1 shot it.

First Door:
    Dino>WasteWalkers>Rest

Kite the WasteWalkers and adds slowly towards the Second Door, leaving sand traps behind. In theory, nobody should be taking any damage from the sand traps, if they do, it's either they need to wake up and stop being bad, or need to concentrate more (). First door usually isn't an issue.

Second Door:
    Dino>Effusions>Priests>Adds.

Now this door can get a little hectic if you don't have good raid coordination. Same with before, slowly kite towards the Third Door. You will want to assign specific DPS on interrupt duty, meaning, they will be responsible for interrupting every single cast that their Priest does. If this goes right, there should be no huge damage problems. Anybody who dies to patches on poison are just not pulling their weight, same thing applies for the above Sand Trap.

Third Door:
    Dino>Small Adds>Warlords

Here's the reasoning why we don't kill the Warlords ASAP. In our raid comp, we don't have enough dispels to keep up with the plague that is being spread around, so making the smaller adds a priority is a given. We find that lusting on the first Warlord to burst him down helps, which of course in turn means that we don't lust on Jalak. Again, with all the other doors, the Tank will be needed to tank the Warlords and the small adds to the 4th door, slowly, leaving orbs behind. Anyone who dies to orbs again, are not pulling their weight.

Fourth Door:
    Dino>FirstBear>FirstShaman>Bear(then it's Shaman)>repeat>Small Adds

For this door, interrupts are extremely important. Anyone who dies to the storm totems are not pulling their weight, and the door should be fairly easy to get down.

Then it's just a means of downing Jalak as fast as possible, then tank swapping till Horridon dies.

A quick glance at the WoL shows that people are just not interrupting enough. Since you have 2 priests, Sunlight should be dispelled ASAP. There is a lot of stuff that can be interrupted, and DPS should be on top of it. Looking at the overall damage taken, at all the wipes, the most frequent damage takers are:
    Cyrax, Exanima, Gobbling and Hadesenvy. Cyrax is appearing at the top a lot, so is Exanima. They need to be told to dodge more, and practice to achieve more raid awareness.

Also to point out, we 3 heal this fight. Our raid make up is:
    Tanks:Bear/War
    Heals:Pala/Priest/Sham
    DPS:Hunt/Lock/EnhSham(Me!)/DK/War

Hope this wall of text helps.
    Currently Procrastinating

In my opinion a lot of the failure is being contributed by your Retribution Paladin, Hadesenvy. He's consistently low on DPS and taking a lot of avoidable damage. He's also never Cleansing diseases. That's just wrong. You cannot have a raider like that in Throne of Thunder, sorry.

Secondly, you're not interrupting both Venom Priests. You REALLY need to assign one other person to interrupt the Venom Priest the raid isn't currently killing while someone else interrupts the one the raid is currently killing. If your DPS is what it should be, you shouldn't even be getting Venomous Effusions from the first one and probably not the second one either.

In general, it looks like everything else is mostly fine or improved as you did more attempts. For example, Blazing Sunlight dispelling was TERRIBLE for the first 3 attempts, or your DPS was really slow on Wastewalkers, but it got better for the last 3. Rending Charge damage seems high, but it's possible I just don't realize how much total damage is normal for that. Just to be sure though, your damage dealers ARE killing the Bloodlords after everything else is dead, right? Not just attacking Horridon? The Bloodlords cause a lot of damage with Rending Charge.
    Last edited by Senka; 2013-04-07 at 05:17 AM.

Well I can see why you are dropping on door 3 looking at your longest attempt (5:53 one). You took 4.5 million avoidable damage from standing next to the frozen orbs. You took another 4.5 million from that disease. You guys also stand in sand traps like crazy and don't seem to be doing the best job with the dot on the first door.

First death - monk, magic dot followed by sand trap
    Second death - druid, frozen orb bolt, followed by melee hit, followed by tick of disease
    Third death - monk again, various stuff followed by a frozen bolt
    Fourth - warrior, entirely disease dot
    Fifth - paladin, 2 frozen bolts with a champ melee hit between

On the 5:22 attempt:
    First death - rogue, magic dot and sand trap and he didn't bother to use cloak of shadows to save himself (checked and it wasn't on cd)
    Second death - paladin, disease and 2 frozen bolts

Ok I could keep going but I think my point is clear. Your dispels and heals are not enough to cover for people also standing in crap. The fact that the magic one especially is doing that much is completely retarded as you have plenty of ways to get rid of it. The disease one seems to be doing too much damage, but if the people who can are dispelling on cd, whatever. You can not take 4.5 million from the disease AND the frozen orbs and expect to not lose people though.

Edit: Easiest solution is probably to have your ret go holy. He just isn't contributing meaningful damage at all and you aren't really going to miss it, so just have him be the third healer.

Also, am I missing it or did your paladin not use his divine shield to save himself from anything on any of your attempts? Really hope I'm just failing to see it on the buffs gained list... I also see no LoH casts.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2013-04-07 at 05:20 AM.

From all the comments i read (thank you very much pointed out lot of things that i have missed and are wrong about).

- To much standing in stuff, Sand traps / Orbs (Raid Awareness? of course)
    - Not enough Dispells and/or Adds not being interrupted enough / Downed. (better Dps more or less?)
    - Healing seems to be fine (dont help cuz of Dots. More interrupts/Faster kill of adds)

If i miss any key points, just quick point out would be nice. Thank you all that have responded so far. More input would be nice. lots nice baseline straits.

From all the comments i read (thank you very much pointed out lot of things that i have missed and are wrong about).

- To much standing in stuff, Sand traps / Orbs (Raid Awareness? of course)
    Also, at least some people don't seem to be using their own personal cooldowns / abilities to help out. If you are 2 healing, that is fairly important.

- Not enough Dispells and/or Adds not being interrupted enough / Downed. (better Dps more or less?)
    Definitely not enough dispels. The only things you can actually interrupt are the poison bolt volley on door 2 and the firebolt volley on door 4. On at least some attempts you seem to be doing fine on door 2 with not letting them cast. You can always use more dps, but I think it is possible with what you have if they aren't dead.

- Healing seems to be fine (dont help cuz of Dots. More interrupts/Faster kill of adds)

If i miss any key points, just quick point out would be nice. Thank you all that have responded so far. More input would be nice. lots nice baseline straits.
    Considering you are 2 healing and your dps don't seem to be helping out much with dispels and personal cd's, yeah I think your healing is probably fine.