Storm legion pricing questions

So I'm thinking about picking up Storm Legion, but I'm confused about the pricing. On Trion's website it shows the "Standard Edition" digital download at $39.99 for current players, but Best Buy, Amazon and Gamestop are all selling the boxed version for $19.99. Are the boxed and digital copies different somehow, or is buying the boxed version really $20 cheaper? That doesn't seem to make sense.
    Last edited by gx240; 2013-03-30 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gx240 View Post
    So I'm thinking about picking up Storm Legion, but I'm confused about the pricing. On Trion's website it shows the "Standard Edition" digital download at $39.99 for current players, but Best Buy, Amazon and Gamestop are all selling the boxed version for $19.99. Are the boxed and digital copies different somehow, or is buying the boxed version really $20 cheaper? That doesn't seem to make sense.
    Unloading excess stock from their storehouses, so they'll drop the price of the box at certain stores. It should be the exact same product no matter where you buy it.

Deleted
    If you buy defiance on steam you can get SL free

10+ Year Old Account
    i picked mine up at best buy for 19.99 and it included rift and the new x-pac.rifts site sell the x-pac alone for 39.99-this should tell you to get your ass to best buy and profit .

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    i picked mine up at best buy for 19.99 and it included rift and the new x-pac.rifts site sell the x-pac alone for 39.99-this should tell you to get your ass to best buy and profit .
    It's the same with the digital purchase. Trion took the SoE route and included classic Rift with every purchase of Storm Legion. If you already owned Rift, you could purchase Storm Legion for $10 cheaper digitally too, which was a pretty nice deal.