1. #1
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    576

    HST and HTT ticks

    Lately, I have been looking at my HST and HTT ticks, mainly as it's the new patch and I wanted to see if they actually fixed now the random ticks that are being given when you are close to the haste cap. When I was sitting on 7613 haste, which is another Healing Rain Tick, I noticed that my Healing Stream sometimes ticked 9 times, which is as it is supposed to be, but mostly 10 and even once 11 ticks per fight.

    Now I don't have that specific log, but yesterday, I was sitting on 1943 haste, which gives 8 ticks of Healing Stream and 5 ticks of Healing Tide according to Binkenstein's Haste Formula. During the Twin Consorts kill fight, I checked how many times my Healing Stream and Healing Tide ticked.

    Shockingly, it was 9 ticks for Healing Stream. Even though I shouldn't have that haste cap, I miss 2k haste. Now this is one log and I was hoping if other people can see the same thing in their logs or if this is a more known fact that I missed.

    This is the Healing Stream ticks. Argueably, you can see a constant 9 ticks even though with my haste, I should be on 8 ticks: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...tream+Totem%22

    I can not see the Healing Tide, as I died during the kill attempt. This is where you will also see the 5 ticks of Healing Stream at one point, I believe, this is where I either had to overwrite it with Mana Tide or I died, one of the two =).

    Hence I would like to know if others get the same weird results I'm getting.

    And before you start yelling, Twin Consorts is not known to me to give any sort of haste buff. 1943 haste stays the same it is. I looked up just to be sure and I got the tick and haste amount from this site, just to be sure I'm not going crazy: http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=41

    I also know of the bug that was supposed to be there with HST and HTT, but it is not supposed to be this off. Because 2000 haste that you can place somewhere else is always nice.
    Last edited by Schadow; 2013-03-29 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Made it a bit more nice.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

  2. #2
    That seems hmmm strange - from my testing of HST :
    7%(naked + AS) - 8 ticks
    14.50% (my 3971 raiting + AS) - 9 ticks
    20.55% (my 3971 raiting + AS + 5% raid buff) - 10 ticks

    But that's let say "raw" testing, don't know how to check this on WoL :P

  3. #3
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Raihen View Post
    That seems hmmm strange - from my testing of HST :
    7%(naked + AS) - 8 ticks
    14.50% (my 3971 raiting + AS) - 9 ticks
    20.55% (my 3971 raiting + AS + 5% raid buff) - 10 ticks

    But that's let say "raw" testing, don't know how to check this on WoL :P
    If you got a wol log, I can check it for you =) (do say what haste you were at, the raw haste and if you got AS + Haste Buff).

    Btw, for me, that haste was with AS and the 5% haste buff.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    If you got a wol log, I can check it for you =) (do say what haste you were at, the raw haste and if you got AS + Haste Buff).

    Btw, for me, that haste was with AS and the 5% haste buff.
    I actually worked it out ! But I have too less post, so i can't post links
    I had 20.55% (my 3971 raiting + AS + 5% raid buff), weird that on raw i have 10 ticks while in combat 9 ticks, sometimes 10 ticks (I think it happened 1 time in this log, as well one 12 ticks, but that because of BL). But for sure you can say that 9 ticks is constant.
    Also i have t15 2pc

  5. #5
    Didn't you have any short term haste buff on you ? For example Windsong can often add ticks on your totems.

  6. #6
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahia View Post
    Didn't you have any short term haste buff on you ? For example Windsong can often add ticks on your totems.
    Windsong gives 1500 haste, I miss 1850 haste. So that still would give me 350 haste too little if you really wanna be exact. (Good reminder I still have to swap that to Jade Spirit anyways). Besides, that does not explain why I never get 8 ticks, but a constant 9 ticks.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 03:10 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Raihen View Post
    I actually worked it out ! But I have too less post, so i can't post links
    I had 20.55% (my 3971 raiting + AS + 5% raid buff), weird that on raw i have 10 ticks while in combat 9 ticks, sometimes 10 ticks (I think it happened 1 time in this log, as well one 12 ticks, but that because of BL). But for sure you can say that 9 ticks is constant.
    Also i have t15 2pc
    t15 2pc should show it in the Expression Editor as a double heal aswell or did you counted that out?
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    Windsong gives 1500 haste, I miss 1850 haste. So that still would give me 350 haste too little if you really wanna be exact. (Good reminder I still have to swap that to Jade Spirit anyways). Besides, that does not explain why I never get 8 ticks, but a constant 9 ticks.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 03:10 PM ----------



    t15 2pc should show it in the Expression Editor as a double heal aswell or did you counted that out?
    Yes it's double - so i had 18 "ticks" and one time 20 ticks.

  8. #8
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    576
    allright thanks. =) anyone else willing to throw in a dice or sees same results?
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    allright thanks. =) anyone else willing to throw in a dice or sees same results?
    This is a Jin'rokh kill from a couple weeks ago.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...22Time+Warp%22

    I run with AS and ~1500 haste (basically reforging to as little as possible). I have included the only things I can think of that would have increased my haste during the fight: Time Warp and Lifeblood. I have also included when I used Totemic Recall in case I cut off some ticks (please excuse my poor Totemic Recalling). I do not use Windsong.

    11 HSTs with results as follows:
    8 Ticks: 1 with Totemic Recall
    9 Ticks: 6 with nothing, 1 during Time Warp with Totemic Recall, 1 with Totemic Recall, 1 partially with Lifeblood
    10 Ticks: 1 partially during Time Warp
    Last edited by Emandrawkcab; 2013-03-29 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Added more character info.

  10. #10
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Emandrawkcab View Post
    This is a Jin'rokh kill from a couple weeks ago.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...22Time+Warp%22

    I run with ~1500 haste (basically reforging to as little as possible). I have included the only things I can think of that would have increased my haste during the fight: Time Warp and Lifeblood. I have also included when I used Totemic Recall in case I cut off some ticks (please excuse my poor Totemic Recalling).

    12 HSTs with results as follows:
    8 Ticks: 1 with Totemic Recall
    9 Ticks: 6 with nothing, 1 during Time Warp with Totemic Recall, 1 with Totemic Recall, 1 partially with Lifeblood
    10 Ticks: 1 partially during Time Warp


    On a more serious note, this is not the first three logs I see this. But I'm more happy to see that this is not just me or if I'm doing something wrong.

    Possible more? There has to be more shammies out there who are willing to share

    [22:54:07.691] Emandrawkcab Healing Stream Totem Emandrawkcab +*153279*

    That's an odd amount btw Oo I know it means that it is a crit, but it's huge.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

  11. #11
    Fluffy Kitten Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    [22:54:07.691] Emandrawkcab Healing Stream Totem Emandrawkcab +*153279*

    That's an odd amount btw Oo I know it means that it is a crit, but it's huge.
    Jin'rokh. Puddle.
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

  12. #12
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Jin'rokh. Puddle.
    Ah yeah, ofcourse, I keep forgetting that >< It's like build in, you stand in the puddle and not when it's thundering.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

  13. #13
    Quick question because I am not positive on this - Xuen's Blessed Alacrity - does this give you haste or slow down the bosses? I don't really recall...


    I am NOT running AS but I have 6077 haste (it's actually like 6100 or so) for the 9 ticks of HST and 6 of tide. I run < 50ms latency most of the time.

    Either way I am seeing something similar. I looked up our Megaera kill and my HST's (with tier bonus) go:
    18 (9)
    24 (12)- ele mastery up
    18 (9)
    Healing Tide - 35 total/5= 7 ticks
    18 (9)
    20 (10)
    20 (10)
    20 (10)
    24 (12)- EM up
    35 - HTT ~7 ticks
    18 (9)
    20 (10) - lust up at end of totem
    24 (12) - lust


    So I have 3 ticks of 20 (10) in the middle that seem to have no extra haste buff to account for additional ticks. Also Tide is consistently getting a 7th tick.



    I can't post links to logs but you can look it up. March 27th Megaera kill.

    My expression editor:

    sourceName = "Elektrical"
    AND (spell = "Healing Stream Totem" or spell="Healing Tide") or spell="Elemental Mastery" or spell="Bloodlust"


    ~Elektrical - US Skullcrusher - Reckless guild
    Last edited by vuur; 2013-03-29 at 08:01 PM.

  14. #14
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by vuur View Post
    Quick question because I am not positive on this - Xuen's Blessed Alacrity - does this give you haste or slow down the bosses? I don't really recall...
    It slows down bosses and gives you a movement speed increase, it does not increase spell haste.

    Thanks Vuur, so even with EM, it gives weird stuff, hmm :/
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

  15. #15
    This has already been talked about & the mechanics identified at http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130574-...g_heals_5_2_a/
    Sentry Totem: The new community news and advice site!

  16. #16
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    This has already been talked about & the mechanics identified at http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130574-...g_heals_5_2_a/
    Yes, but they are talking about near their haste breakpoints. Binkenstein, I miss 1800 haste, that is like half the haste needed, you can't call that close to the breakpoint, that is just way off. I know it is about lag, but I am hovering usually at 25 ms.

    And I too read EJ. Are you sure that the haste breakpoints are still correct for 5.2 or is it now just way off the chart?

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 01:02 PM ----------

    I now see the post you made 10 days ago on EJ aswell, Bink, regarding this one.

    Revised HST/HTT haste math.

    I made a pair of incorrect assumptions when working out the breakpoints:

    The tickspeed for the breakpoint wasn't rounded down to the nearest whole number
    The "adjusted" tickspeed (ie: the one where I look for the 0.5 ms value where the game would round to our required tickspeed) should be the inverse of normal hot calculations


    This means that we're looking at slightly modified breakpoints for both totems.
    HTT: 2791,11471,19203
    HST: 3764,8916,14044
    I don't see a reply from Therya regarding this, but you still say that the HST first breakpoint remains the same and the rest of the haste breakpoints are still valued truth for 5.2. So do you have an idea why HST is still behaving so much more stranger then what we have been first thinking of?

    As you can see, I'm not the only one, yet most of them here are close to a certain haste breakpoint, although not near close to another haste breakpoint.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

  17. #17
    I was curious so I looked at my last WoL. Here is a request showing my totems ticks and hast buffs :
    worldoflogs.com/reports/49wu83etdaozmb5v/xe/?s=10168&e=10361&x=%28type+%3D+TYPE_AURA+AND+targetName+%3D+%22Zahia%22%0D%0AAND+%28spell+ %3D%22Distorsion+temporelle%22+OR+spellID+%3D104423%29%29%0D%0AOR+%28type+%3D+TYPE_HEAL+AN D+%28spell+%3D+%22Totem+gu%C3%A9risseur%22+OR+spell+%3D+%22Mar%C3%A9e+de+soins%22%29%29
    (sorry can't post links yet)
    (WoL is in french but tooltips are in english)
    I currently have ~3800 haste, MTT was 7 ticks (partially during Windsong) while HST was 10 to 12 ticks for full duration. 12 ticks was with Windsong + Bloodlust, one of the 10 ticks HST didn't overlap any haste buffs.

  18. #18
    The point is, sometimes you get higher breakpoints when you are supposed to based on ??? factors.
    It is known.

    The issue is, the exact breakpoint isn't consistent between player to player, irl location to irl location, computer to computer, ingame location to ingame location, raid to dummies...
    so you can't blanket statement... the actual breakpoint is at X rating/X haste.

  19. #19
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitkanen View Post
    The point is, sometimes you get higher breakpoints when you are supposed to based on ??? factors.
    It is known.

    The issue is, the exact breakpoint isn't consistent between player to player, irl location to irl location, computer to computer, ingame location to ingame location, raid to dummies...
    so you can't blanket statement... the actual breakpoint is at X rating/X haste.
    No, you can't blanket statement it, but that is not the point I'm trying to make here. Currently everybody tells to go for 3764 haste, which might be true, but you are loosing on so much haste if you don't need more that you can use on other stats that could benefit more.

    Between 871 and 5676 haste, which are set in stone breakpoints, there is a lot of room where you can fiddle around to sit in a more comfortable zone in your view, where you can heal much more comfortable with your playstyle. My point is not to make blanket statements, my point is that people should no longer blindly stare at 3764 haste, as it's so fluxating.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •