Die-Hard Subtlety-Fan LF theorycrafting Help (Simcraft?) PVE

Hello there!

Today i finally made up my mind to learn Simcraft: to optimize myself without having to rely on outside sources too much, or be at the mercy of outdated guides and so on.
    When i looked into the Subtlety Profiles however, i was kind of lost. I can't seem to find any entries utilizing Subterfuge for example.

I tried Assassination last Lockout, and although it's kind of funny to rock the Meters without any serious effort, i can't see myself playing this Spec without dieing of boredom or rerolling....

So here we go: Im looking for a Simcraft-Enthusiast who has no issues with helping a noob, chatting a bit and so on.

I can provide lots of logs in a HC-Environment to test certain Setups/Builds, motivation, and....fun? maybe?

my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...perbolt/simple

see ya!

ps.: oh, im no native speaker, sorry for any grammatical butchering above and beyond

Well, this is an exceptionally broad subject matter with very little in the way of background work. Where would you like to begin? The profiles? Do you understand the methodology in them? Is there something you would like to try out?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Regarding the methodology, im obviously still learning, but it's not that hard. My biggest gripe is the Sub profile of course, so i would like to start with optimizing that.

As for trying things out: yeah, im still a big fan ob ST/BS Weaving, so i want to see the limits of the spec! Shadowcraft isnt very transparent regarding action-priorities and so on...

keeping this thread bookmarked. Getting tired of Mut - I would much rather be Subtlety, but don't want to hurt my raid's DPS by a whole lot either. :-\ perhaps Sub will have better bosses next tier... or we're missing something significant here?

Quote Originally Posted by Nouk View Post
    Regarding the methodology, im obviously still learning, but it's not that hard. My biggest gripe is the Sub profile of course, so i would like to start with optimizing that.

As for trying things out: yeah, im still a big fan ob ST/BS Weaving, so i want to see the limits of the spec! Shadowcraft isnt very transparent regarding action-priorities and so on...
    Well, you'll need to give me some kind of example. I'm happy to help you out in all this, but I'm afraid I don't have the time any more to go and theorycraft out an entire spec
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Sub is a spec a lot of people would like to play, but still nobody does because there are no detailed info/guides about it - this leads to worse modeling and more difficulties for theorycrafters, etc.

I would play sub all the time, but i don't even play rogue this tier.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    The main problem is even if sub did the same dmg as the other two specs theres just way to many fights this tier that screw the spec over. Theres more fights that are bad for sub in t15 than there were in t14 the spec just got put in the trash completely after the no compensation rppm nerfs which hit it the hardest of the three specs.
    Sorry, but this is not to be discussed here. I want to question how to optimize, not if its viable (it is).

Here are logs from this ID with some HC's (Horridon as Assa) with ST/BS Weaving: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/15...alendar/04-13/

Ill post my Action-Priority from Simulationcraft when im at Home!

so here it is....still a bit rough around the edges but it works alright, with 2pt T15 and without 4pt!

Shuriken-Toss Build
    actions.precombat=flask,type=spring_blossoms
    actions.precombat+=/food,type=sea_mist_rice_noodles
    actions.precombat+=/apply_poison,lethal=deadly
    actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats
    actions.precombat+=/virmens_bite_potion
    actions.precombat+=/stealth
    actions.precombat+=/premeditation
    actions.precombat+=/slice_and_dice

# Executed every time the actor is available.

actions=virmens_bite_potion,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.time_to_die<40
    actions+=/preparation,if=buff.vanish.up&cooldown.vanish.remains>60
    actions+=/auto_attack
    actions+=/shadow_blades,if=debuff.find_weakness.down
    actions+=/berserking,if=buff.shadow_blades.up
    actions+=/ambush,if=combo_points<4&(buff.stealthed.up|buff.shadow_dance.up)
    actions+=/use_item,name=gloves_of_cushioned_air,if=buff.shadow_dance.up|buff.shadow_blades.up
    actions+=/pool_resource,for_next=1,extra_amount=75
    actions+=/shadow_dance,if=energy>=75&buff.stealthed.down&debuff.find_weakness.down
    actions+=/premeditation,if=(combo_points<=3&cooldown.honor_among_thieves.remains>1.75)|combo_points< =2
    actions+=/pool_resource,for_next=1,extra_amount=75
    actions+=/vanish,if=time>10&energy>=45&energy<=75&combo_points<=3&!buff.shadow_dance.up&!buff.master _of_subtlety.up&!debuff.find_weakness.up
    actions+=/ambush,if=buff.shadow_dance.remains<=2|buff.stealthed.remains<2
    actions+=/slice_and_dice,if=buff.slice_and_dice.remains<3&combo_points>=2
    actions+=/rupture,if=combo_points=5&dot.rupture.remains<3
    actions+=/crimson_tempest,if=combo_points=5&active_enemies>=5&dot.crimson_tempest_dot.remains<6
    actions+=/eviscerate,if=combo_points=5
    actions+=/hemorrhage,if=combo_points<4&dot.hemorrhage.remains<4
    actions+=/hemorrhage,if=combo_points<4&(energy>75&position_front)
    actions+=/backstab,if=combo_points<4&(energy>80&position_back)
    actions+=/shuriken_toss,if=combo_points<4
    actions+=/tricks_of_the_trade
    if you find any errors or have suggestions please feel free to change it around or post suggestions.

next up would be aniticipation