Frost Mage stat scaling & gemming question.

I have always relied on Mr. Robot, however I decided to up my game and start looking at the data myself instead of just blindly following a guide.

I downloaded and ran a simcraft. I saw a box where it had a list of scaling dps per 1 unit.

It showed:
    Every 4.11 int = 1 dps
    3.37 sp+ = 1 dps
    1.00 crit = 1 dps
    1.38 haste = 1 dps
    .97 mast = 1 dps (think it was .97 can't read my handwriting)
    3.24 hit = 1 dps (not sure exactly how this works)

Would this be semi- accurate?

We'll take my Shoulders right now which have a Red socket that has a socket bonus of +60 int.

Putting in a Brilliant Primordial Ruby would give me a total of 220 int. Using the scaling that would be 880dps. If I added a Reckless Verm. (+80 int +160 haste with no socket bonus now) it adds up to around 540 dps. So if my scaling is correct it would be correct to use the Brilliant Primordial Ribu (red) in my shoulders?

This is all assuming you are near/at the hit cap.

My guild GM wanted me to gem mostly haste (Reckless Vermillions), but I just don't know.

I'm totally new to this so take it easy on me ... would appreciate any feedback, thanks in advance.

Deleted
    It doesnt really work like that.

Since you use AMR too I invite you to read this : http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2013/01/h...-stat-weights/

When you're done, you'll probably have a better understanding of this, and lots of questions, that when we'll be here to answer em :P

15+ Year Old Account
    If it takes 4 Int to get 1 DPS...how does 220 Int give you 880 DPS?
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    If it takes 4 Int to get 1 DPS...how does 220 Int give you 880 DPS?
    Woops, I did the math backwards haha. I multiplied instead of dividing.

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 07:55 PM ----------

I just ran a simcraft & it weighed crit at .35 & haste at .34....Everything I've read says haste is more important for frost? Is it doing this because the specific gear I have would give me more dps with more crit?

I just want to optimize my toon and have a specific task procedure to update everytime I get new gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonb24 View Post
    Woops, I did the math backwards haha. I multiplied instead of dividing.

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 07:55 PM ----------

I just ran a simcraft & it weighed crit at .35 & haste at .34....Everything I've read says haste is more important for frost? Is it doing this because the specific gear I have would give me more dps with more crit?

I just want to optimize my toon and have a specific task procedure to update everytime I get new gear.
    When you sim your toon you should see bars which give the stat weights. Lets just for easy math sake say its says this:

Int - 5
    Hit - 4
    Sp-3
    Haste-2
    Crit-1
    Mastery-.5

Don't think of it "adding x amount of dps" but think it as a relative relationship between the stats... In the above example it would take 2.5 haste to get as much benefit for your toon as 1 intellect. intweight/hasteweight (5/2=2.5). So if you are gemming in this case you would put Brilliants in the red sockets and Reckless(orange) in yellow sockets.

If by some chance your weightings came out like this:
    int-5
    hit-4
    SP-4
    haste-3
    crit-2
    mastery-1

Now since haste is worth more than half of one point of intellect, a full yellow haste gem is worth more to you than a full red int gem since you get 2x stats on a secondary stat gem. (320haste vs 160 int)

Thanks for all the help, one last question.

When you get new pieces of gear, or lets say two new 502 pieces of gear (like i did last night )....what is your personal process for determining your gemming/reforges?

For example;

Do you run simcraft, apply weights to mr robot?

I'm just looking for a good process to use, thanks!

Deleted
    Gemming/reforging is very easy.

Its choosing if you need to replace said piece of gear or use another combination of gear that can be difficult.

Reforging > use AskMrRobot in addition to reforgeLite
    Gemming > You should now how you have to gem according to the color of the slots and the bonus. If you have a doubt, use AMR too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely use both reforgelite and AMR when reforging.

For gemming you can either sim it or just go with the int/haste gemming if you just want a quick and easy way to gem.

Gemming is a bit weird right now so I would definitely sim it if you know how and have the time. (e.g. I'm getting 2xhaste=1int right now)
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory