Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Oh god, that final soundbite. That's some Hellraiser shit right there, the back of my neck is all tingly now.

Such... exquisite... pain...

Thought the exact same thing. Was like "OMG, that's Pinhead!" XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    I only now noticed (slow me) that, aside from Y'Shaarj having a pretty scary voice in comparison to C'thun's and Yogg-Saron's voices, there's also this was there to surprise me:

"Mh.. I only sleep...".

Now I know that Blizzard said Y'shaarj is 100% keel-keel X_X-dead, but think about it.

They were asked a question about a character that was pretty new back then and there was only one thing they could say to keep it secret. Outright admitting they were going to utilize Y'shaarj would kill that secret off, and saying "We can't tell you yet" would be indirectly confirming it for people with a higher amount of brain cells than the average ant. (No offence, but "we can't tell you yet" is basically outright confirming it)

Thus, they could've gone with the safest way of answering that question and keeping their idea hush-hush.

I'm not saying this has to be the case, but just that it doesn't seem so strange to begin with. The quote "I only sleep.." only supports that idea. I mean.. he's supposed to be dead. 100% dead. How is his echo talking to us -- why is his heart still alive in a cage of sorts, and why does he talk about only sleeping?

After all, the Old God-type of sleep is what happens when their mortal husks are slain and they have to recover.

Your thoughts?
    I think the standby H. P. Lovecraft quote must be referred to:

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

For an Old God, death is not necessarily death. It's as simple as that.

Anyway, we know his "heart" (whatever that constitutes) was bound and sealed by the Titans and hidden beneath the Vale, so obviously part of Y'Shaarj is still alive to some degree. The boss that's faced in the scenario is simply called the Echo of Y'Shaarj.

I have a feeling that this is probably also what the Mantid have been trying to obtain for centuries, and the true reason for the wall protecting the Vale from their swarms. They explicitly talk about him awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    the thing that interests me the most about those sound files, is the line "merely a toy, left behind by the usurper", singular, now, we know the pantheon is made up of both Vanir and Aesir titans, but the name "pantheon" is a collective term for them, and is not a single individual, and "usurper" is basically another word for supplanting, or removing something by force from another who was there prior, so, if this is a singular being, who is he referencing? maybe sargeras? seeing as the next expansion is 95% certain to be return of the the burning legion and all that jazz, so who or what is this god of old gods talking about? i wanna know goddamnit!
    The mantid refer to the Titans as usurpers, because they supplanted the Old Gods as the prime deities of Azeroth, as seen during the big speech you get at Exalted.

When the usurpers came - the ones you call "Titans" - Y'Shaarj was destroyed.

Also, I still really like my personal theory that we're hastening Y'Shaarj's return by killing the Sha. With each Sha we kill, we're restoring some of his essence. When the seventh Sha is finally killed, he will be able to return. More or less like the premise of Persona 3.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2013-03-31 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    Didnt he name pretty much all the Sha's? Heard pain, agony, hatred, etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    His essence is split, and the body is "dead" - but so was C´thun, and he could regenerate himself over time. If all the parts come together, and the klaxxi finds a way to get them together "he" will be back again.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    But its important to note he isn't dead, not even the Klaxxi call him dead, he was destroyed. If we look at this Mural inside the Klaxxi building we see an almost Octopi like creature, so maybe the seven heads are actually his one head and the other ones his arms which were set free after the Titans smashed his husk and buried his dark heart beneath the Vale.

If he actually can take his form back is another thing, if so we are certainly doomed, atleast if we believe the Klaxxi.

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    But its important to note he isn't dead, not even the Klaxxi call him dead, he was destroyed. If we look at this Mural inside the Klaxxi building we see an almost Octopi like creature, so maybe the seven heads are actually his one head and the other ones his arms which were set free after the Titans smashed his husk and buried his dark heart beneath the Vale.

If he actually can take his form back is another thing, if so we are certainly doomed, atleast if we believe the Klaxxi.

It was the same with Yogg Saron and C'thun though. They also believed we weren't gonna survive those. Or basically.. with all big villains. They also believed the Lich King would decimate Azeroth and that we had very little chance to survive.

Besides, we've never seen an Old God at full power. The Old Gods we fought were at minuscule fractions of their actual power because when they spawn in the mortal realm again, in a husk, they're not yet at full power; they're still regenerating.

Like with charging a phone if the batteries died on you. If you charge it up, the phone itself will already function at around 5-10% power. (depending)

And the thing is that Blizzard is very hard to trust with these things because if Y'Shaarj were to become important in the story, they couldn't just up and admit he was going to play a huge role -- they'd want to keep it secret and the most reliable way to do that would be to say "No. He's dead. Very very dead.".

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

^ Totally agree. He had two options when being asked questions about Y'saarj if they are actually planning on using him. To admit the old god may be still alive, then everyone obviously knows it is going to play a part. Or to cover your ass and say that Y'saarj is 'very very dead' when death to and old god is not the same as death to a mortal. He's dead in the sense he can't reform whole in the physical realm without some help like other old gods can normally. Id consider old gods both alive and dead at the same time anyway, they like live in between.

Other then that, there is the massive list of characters in WoW that were allegedly said to be dead then came back.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    as stated not just dead, "very, very, very" dead

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I think the standby H. P. Lovecraft quote must be referred to:

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

For an Old God, death is not necessarily death. It's as simple as that.

Anyway, we know his "heart" (whatever that constitutes) was bound and sealed by the Titans and hidden beneath the Vale, so obviously part of Y'Shaarj is still alive to some degree. The boss that's faced in the scenario is simply called the Echo of Y'Shaarj.

I have a feeling that this is probably also what the Mantid have been trying to obtain for centuries, and the true reason for the wall protecting the Vale from their swarms. They explicitly talk about him awakening.

The mantid refer to the Titans as usurpers, because they supplanted the Old Gods as the prime deities of Azeroth, as seen during the big speech you get at Exalted.

When the usurpers came - the ones you call "Titans" - Y'Shaarj was destroyed.

Also, I still really like my personal theory that we're hastening Y'Shaarj's return by killing the Sha. With each Sha we kill, we're restoring some of his essence. When the seventh Sha is finally killed, he will be able to return. More or less like the premise of Persona 3.
    The mantid don't seem to know about his heart in the vale, imo there's no reason to think the current explanation of invading Pandaria to cull the week so only the strong return is a cover story, and for Lei Shen building a wall to close them off was only logical.

Deleted
    His voice sounds almost exactly like gravemind from halo.

That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wager Yshaarj will be back in someway but back again later for a bigger battle with all the Old Gods(Old God Council? Rofl)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It is said the Mantid worshiped the seven heads of Y'Shaarj.

Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside. - Puzzle Box of Yogg-saron

I don't think death is the end for the great old ones.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

wouldn't the usurper be Lei Shen as he usurped Ra-den and I'm sure he left behind many "toys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    wouldn't the usurper be Lei Shen as he usurped Ra-den and I'm sure he left behind many "toys"
    The mantid refer to the titans as the usurpers. I'd bet that's who he refers to - I doubt the Old Gods regard Lei Shen's interaction with Ra-Den as anything other than amusing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder... Yogg-Saron was the god of death, and he created the curse of flesh so that Titans' creations would become mortal, would have to procreate and die - thus making them alive in the first place. Y'shaarj is known to thrive on negative emotions... but what if he created emotionality just like Yogg-Saron created the cycle of life and death using Titans' constructs?

By the way, though his voice sounds menacing, half of his phrases are just silly threats. As always.
    Last edited by Haven; 2013-04-01 at 05:05 AM.