Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHwip46 View Post
    i actually agree with the op 100%. it really is horse shit they took it away after seven years. its not like melee can get to a good one anyway, and if they do they just lol-deterrence, disengage, readiness and do it all over if you even brush up against them.
    You play a mage and most likely just want to be able to melee range no skill handicap hunters again. Min range was the most stupid and annoying mechanic ever. nobody found it fun except mages who laughed as they steal masters call and sit on a hunter by using blink offensively. If you nerf hunters, do not bring back that piece of crap mechanic.

I don't think they need to have minimum range back, but I definitely think they should be less mobile. When everything they do is instant and they're able to kite while doing maximum damage, it's a little ridiculous. They can't be kited, can't be silenced, and can't be interrupted. They need to have some weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by impfernal View Post
    hunters also have pets that do damage and are in a niche of their own.
    which caster class has NO pets/elementars/daemons/whatever? ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh please, the minimum range made hunters a joke for any class that had more than 1 method of getting into melee range or slowing/snare abilities. The amount of times I got killed by frost mages, Warriors and Rogues without doing any damage simply because they had multiple methods of keeping me in the min range was ridiculous.

The problem with BM hunters is simply sheer burst damage. Rapid Fire, Lynx, Stampede, Bestial Wrath, Dire Beast. GG, we're done here.

Deleted
    Reintroducing the dead zone is a good idea to fix hunters, but I understand that's not a particularly fun fix, just like it wouldn't be fun for Warlocks to take away KJC. However, some nerfs are inevitable I think. Taking away some of their instant CC and just lowering their overall damage would probably go a long way already.
    Last edited by mmocf11091e3a8; 2013-04-02 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevor View Post
    which caster class has NO pets/elementars/daemons/whatever? ...

Throw rogues.

Do boomkins still throw trees at people?

Quote Originally Posted by soulfringe View Post
    Throw rogues.

Do boomkins still throw trees at people?
    No, most take Incarnation. I've heard of Ferals using Treants but nothing in Rated stuff.

Thread is stupid. The whole premise is wrong: hunters do not counter casters, they counter frost mages. Warlocks and shadow priests, the other 2 casters, are the biggest hunter counter-classes out there. Also, removing the minimum range does nothing to address hunter's broken mechanics. Beastial Wrath being reset by Readiness is the only stupid thing hunters have. If that was removed, BM would be good (still bursty and stupid because you just spam instants with your cooldowns popped while hitting for shit damage outside of those cooldowns, but that's how the spec has always been) and marks would be as close to a perfectly balanced spec there is.

Power shot hits hard but it's not OP. It's just stupid that you can't shut down a BM hunter so they can use it any time they want (and get 10% extra damage thanks to BW). Remove BW from readiness and that's not as much of an issue. I could see a fix where power shot is lowered to 650% or so weapon damage but changed to magic damage so that it doesn't hit clothies as hard but hits roughly the same on armored classes, but it's not an ability that needs a huge overhaul.
    Last edited by Neazy; 2013-04-02 at 03:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Thread is stupid. The whole premise is wrong: hunters do not counter casters, they counter frost mages. Warlocks and shadow priests, the other 2 casters, are the biggest hunter counter-classes out there. Also, removing the minimum range does nothing to address hunter's broken mechanics. Beastial Wrath being reset by Readiness is the only stupid thing hunters have. If that was removed, BM would be good (still bursty and stupid because you just spam instants with your cooldowns popped while hitting for shit damage outside of those cooldowns, but that's how the spec has always been) and marks would be as close to a perfectly balanced spec there is.

Power shot hits hard but it's not OP. It's just stupid that you can't shut down a BM hunter so they can use it any time they want (and get 10% extra damage thanks to BW). Remove BW from readiness and that's not as much of an issue. I could see a fix where power shot is lowered to 650% or so weapon damage but changed to magic damage so that it doesn't hit clothies as hard but hits roughly the same on armored classes, but it's not an ability that needs a huge overhaul.
    I can get into this, the thread has sortof segwayed into a readiness removal for BM or a detachment of BW reset from readiness. I hope blizz adresses it cause i reckon most hunters would rather play MM hunter or surv anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Fine then, if they take BW off readiness then I want some kind of buff in return for that blatant bullshit. Like oh I dunno, changing BW to do what it was designed to do. Make you an unstoppable force until killed, like it said in its tooltip before they shat on it. You could look into increasing the CD at most.

(BTW if you remove BW from readiness you fuck over SO many PvE aspects of hunter gameplay)

And the sad thing is I can see this happening, because Blizzard is content to just break hunters or add more useless spells everytime they become remotely strong. How long have frost mages been good for? Starts with For and rhymes with ever.
    In all honesty immunity does not work well in PvP balance just look at Avatar and what it did. But needless to say if the remove readiness from BM BW can do more dmg actual dmg output shouldnt be affected in PVE. Its just Cold snap, prep, readiness are just utter shit, you dont wanna be dependant on cd's like this anyway.

Besides I dont think Hunters would be weak without readiness it's not really a Bm ability anyway. Theres tons of ways to compensate it, but theres no way to defend cd reducing cd's from being in the game. It's like blizz watched too much inception.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Fine then, if they take BW off readiness then I want some kind of buff in return for that blatant bullshit. Like oh I dunno, changing BW to do what it was designed to do. Make you an unstoppable force until killed, like it said in its tooltip before they shat on it. You could look into increasing the CD at most.

(BTW if you remove BW from readiness you fuck over SO many PvE aspects of hunter gameplay)

And the sad thing is I can see this happening, because Blizzard is content to just break hunters or add more useless spells everytime they become remotely strong. How long have frost mages been good for? Starts with For and rhymes with ever.
    How do you fuck over hunters in PvE by removing BW from readiness? All you lose is two uses of BW over the course of an average fight, three uses in a 10+ minute long fight. You can easily compensate for that with a small buff to kill command.

Besides I dont think Hunters would be weak without readiness it's not really a Bm ability anyway. Theres tons of ways to compensate it, but theres no way to defend cd reducing cd's from being in the game. It's like blizz watched too much inception.
    I disagree. Readiness doesn't reset anything that would be even remotely considered overpowered, except for BW. Being able to use 2 deterrences, rapid fires, master's calls and disengages pales in comparison to the vanish + sprint + evasion + dismantle combo that preparation resets. Readiness was always pretty weak, but necessary because hunters are walking punching bags after deterrence is gone. The only reason it's a problem now is because BM has the ability and it resets BW.
    Last edited by Neazy; 2013-04-02 at 01:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    You play a mage and most likely just want to be able to melee range no skill handicap hunters again.
    actually i main a monk atm. name a class that can touch hunters 1v1 atm.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHwip46 View Post
    actually i main a monk atm. name a class that can touch hunters 1v1 atm.
    Destro locks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Destro locks.
    I laughed

I tried to picture a hunter letting a Chaos Bolt through, but my even in my imagination the hunter still feigned death!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I laughed

I tried to picture a hunter letting a Chaos Bolt through, but my even in my imagination the hunter still feigned death!
    Feign death? If I were a hunter I'd just reflect that chaos bolt with a deterrence :/

Deleted
    Hunters are ranged arms warrior with Frost mage escapes.

No hunters are chuck Norris with their little Norris that does just as much damage.

Deleted
    Lol at destro locks! Hunters are probably the second best class to counter destro locks in arena next to warrs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I laughed

No sane Warlock would try to Chaos Bolt a hunter, you save those embers for healing and just whittle him down. Destro Locks do beat hunters 1v1, but it's a close fight, nothing like how badly hunters mess up mages. But it doesn't matter, because beating a hunter 1v1 as a lock requires using tactics that don't work in arena. Similar to how warlocks can kill any melee 1v1 (except blood DK's) while kiting with shivarra, which will never work in arena.
    Last edited by mmocf11091e3a8; 2013-04-02 at 04:22 PM.

im a hunter and this thread makes me happy...*thumbs up

but i remember the time when hunter's were the second most played class in wow yet were one of the least represented classes in 2k+ pvp. So now that we can compete on a larger scale we need to get nerfed? I don't quantify that as being being op and every1 knows that classes arent balanced around 1v1.