Deleted

Good guides for leveling professions

Hi, I've played WoW for 6 years now and the only 2 professions I've been arsed to level are Enchanting and Tailoring. It's very easy but now I feel like branching out on my other chars and I wonder if there are any good guides out there that you can recommend? I'm interested in leveling Jewelcrafting and Engineering.

Tips appreciated!

10+ Year Old Account
    Best one I've found is free, but does have some adds and links here and there to promote gold making guides and leveling guides and such. Sites can't run for free though, so I personally don't find it much of a problem. The site: http://www.wow-professions.com/

It has guides for just about everything you could possibly want to know about regarding professions, and fastest ways to get leveled.

I have leveled every profession to the max except blacksmithing and I plan on doing that one soon.

For gathering professions guides www.zedsguide.com can’t be beat.

Jewel crafting is very easy as you just prospect the ores as you level and you probably don’t need a guide for that. Engineering is the most difficult, expensive and time consuming profession I have leveled. It is easy/cheap up until you get to the Outland level engineering. Then materials start getting expensive and only continue their upward spiral until you top the profession off. It takes a ton of ore to level Engineering so don't try this unless your also a miner. As far as following a regimented formula for what to make to level it will more than likely be a matter of finding what materials are cheap and/or easy for you to farm on your realm.

Also, always pick up the Darkmoon Faire +5 once a month and any time you see Jeeves make sure you get his gift for the chance of the extra profession XP drop. Those two little things don’t seem like much but they will help you get over the hump in a lot of cases.

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    Hi, I've played WoW for 6 years now and the only 2 professions I've been arsed to level are Enchanting and Tailoring. It's very easy but now I feel like branching out on my other chars and I wonder if there are any good guides out there that you can recommend? I'm interested in leveling Jewelcrafting and Engineering.

Tips appreciated!
    Last edited by BillyG; 2013-04-01 at 07:43 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wowhead has some pretty good guides too - comments can be helpful http://www.wowhead.com/guides=2

I have personally only used wow-professions so far, but am using the Wowhead one this time around (for Tailoring/Ench) just to see how it goes for levelling and for cloth farming guides wow-professions comes out tops (they have maps to show you where to farm best etc)

Deleted
    You can try to google, idk if they are good tho:P

I have used wow-professions and did not like it that much, and I much prefer tarou wow guides. They are very simple and have a great layout, and he even has videos for some professions.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    dunno if this is true for all, but i just finished levellign alchemy without a herbalist on a low pop server. profession guides were irrelevant, i just made whatever i could based on the mats from the ah. twice i had to pay a guildy to go herb me 2-3 stacks of some stupid outland or northrend herb.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tarou's wow guides, his guide at least explains how you can make profit from leveling a profession. www tarouwowguides com

Quote Originally Posted by lsmf5 View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tarou's wow guides, his guide at least explains how you can make profit from leveling a profession. www tarouwowguides com
    Tarou does have great guides for leveling profession's, If you want to dig deeper, you can try the hardcore gold making sites: Stormspire.net, for some more cheap alchemy/profit for multiple.