Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you like healing on your paladin for raids and pvp? I don't really see why you would consider rerolling just for dps while doing dailies if you enjoy playing your paladin overall.

Ret is fine for doing dailies. I have no issues with it whatsoever. Yes it will get better with gear. My ret pve gear is ilvl 495 (with upgraded normal sha axe) and it does fine. Mobs die fast. Even using my ret pvp set consisting of mostly honor malevolent with tyrannical chest piece (all gemmed favoring resil) I go through the mobs pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    disagree, holy paladin dps is REALLY bad, unless you glyph for it and then its still pretty damn bad. You might be able to keep up with a 460 ret set or something single target, but even if you can do that, you have no aoe which will make some quests a nightmare
    Holydins with Spirit/Mastery can quite easily out DPS LFRetadins, many times I've quested with random Rets or people's alt Rets and killed mobs far faster with 0 health loss, only real DPS aspects I have is T14 4 set & Jade Spirit, not exactly ground breaking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Holydins with Spirit/Mastery can quite easily out DPS LFRetadins, many times I've quested with random Rets or people's alt Rets and killed mobs far faster with 0 health loss, only real DPS aspects I have is T14 4 set & Jade Spirit, not exactly ground breaking

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I definitely could always kill things faster as ret than holy even when my ret gear was mostly 463+ compared to my holy raid gear that always a good 15-20ilvls+ to my ret set. You probably were playing with rets not popping cooldowns or doing something incorrect because its dailies and it doesn't really matter as long as the mobs die. I got to rank 8 in Brawler's guild with almost half my gear being blue heroic gear or blue pvp gear, I highly doubt you would do that as holy. The sustained dps/burst potential is just not there unless maybe you regem and gear the holy set specifically for caster dps.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-04-02 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    I've seen people in heroics do 8k dps, the fact that I could outdps them by autoattacking doesnt mean much. If a ret is doing less damage than a holy they're probably just bad at ret

Just ms holy or prot and enjoy being in the upper tier this expansion. Ret needs a rework and until that happens I'd avoid the spec. As for completing dailies, again ms holy and run with a few guildies and smash them out in half the time. I can't see ret receiving any further buffs as holy and prot are doing really well.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    disagree, holy paladin dps is REALLY bad, unless you glyph for it and then its still pretty damn bad. You might be able to keep up with a 460 ret set or something single target, but even if you can do that, you have no aoe which will make some quests a nightmare
    Holy pally dps isn't that bad. It's certainly below a proper dps class but I can pull 50k roughly on most heroic boss fights and that's without the glyph of denouce or glyph of harsh words etc. You certainly wouldn't take a holy pally as a dps to a raid but its more than sufficient for dailies. The Lack of AoE does suck, the hammer level 90 talent is all you really have. Unless your ret set is 30+ ilevels lower then you "should" always do more dps as ret.

Quote Originally Posted by shynoz View Post
    ok here is the thing i always been a holy paladin since BC and when dual came up i was holy/prot and everything worked great till MoP , those dailies are killing , dont get me wrong i dont mind doing the questing and stuff i kinda enjoy it , the thing is that as prot or holy my dmg is low even as prot i AOe pull and burn them but it takes time you know . so i had to try out Ret , with just blue heroics i felt like a wet noodle when hiting something damn it felt bad! but then i started buying some valor gear and some LFR and looks like its getting better , im pulling more dmg but here is my "problem" , Ret: do they really scale that big with gear ? and of course i dont see big numbers , i think i was used to see big numbers playing a dk , so what do you think ?. should i try to get more gear o just try another class that gives big numbers?
    i know its seems dumb but its a playstyle i like , if i want to dps something i like to see big numbers and not having to wait for Wings CD to be able to see them.

TL;DR

Stay paladin and get more gear to pull more dmg or try out another class that doesn't need a lot of gear upgrade to pull more dmg ? talking dailies wise.

Thanks in Advance
    armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/es/characte...aintusk/simple
    Paladins were at one time my favourite class lore wise and as a class itself. I pulled through the shit storm that was Cataclysm. We were decent during Dragon Soul only cause of the weapon that dropped of Deathwing. Then Blizzard goes and nerfs our proc rates while Death Knights and Warriors had a high uptime on their procs.

I finally hoped with the changes in MoP we would be a better class, but Blizzard honestly don't really know what to do with the class at this point. The keep going back and forth in PVE and PVP. The two level 15 and 30 talents should be baseline instead of talents. All classes have a snare/slow baseline. We have to actually use a talent for it. Crusader Strike is one of all the classes weakest abilities. Its not even worth the ability other than that it generates Holy Power. HoW was really what it was suppose to be at one time. They went ahead and nerfed that as well.

I finally decided enough was enough. I went ahead and levelled a Death Knight and I've never had more fun with a class.

A lot of people will say that Paladins were OP during WTLK, but Wrath was an undead expansion. You must understand that all our abilities does double the holy damage agains undead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Ret does nicely and scales with your weapon. Anything that dies in 10 seconds doesn't need Inq. Most dailies wouldn't need inquisition other than elites and quest bosses.

You have to watch your health much more closely vs prot but at least stuff dies quickly. Just don't get overwhelmed or you'll squish fast.
    This is pretty accurate. I loathed leveling in MoP as a Ret or Unholy (so dps). The mobs' hp and damage is ridiculous. If you had 2 mobs on you, it meant 10% hp left after the fight ended, with serious WoG uses. That's why I went Blood on my dk.. Things get better once you get above 470ilvl, IMHO, and/or get a lfr weapon.

I've seen people in heroics do 8k dps, the fact that I could outdps them by autoattacking doesnt mean much. If a ret is doing less damage than a holy they're probably just bad at ret
    Lol, 8k dps? We're talking about WoLK now? I remember once being in Grim Batol HC and, on the last packs before end boss, I got pissed about others low dps, I stripped off my gear and only carrying the weapon (or was it without weapon as well and only doing magic attacks?) I did around 10k DPS. Of course I died later on at second pack due to low hp and high amount of spell damage and lots of shitty pools on the ground, if you still remember that place..

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    A lot of people will say that Paladins were OP during WTLK, but Wrath was an undead expansion. You must understand that all our abilities does double the holy damage agains undead.
    Do you talk in the past as in "did" or present as in "do"?? Either way, I don't remember anything about all our abilities doing double holy damage against undead, past or present.
    Last edited by mmocda47e9f641; 2013-04-03 at 01:13 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I remember there used to be an effect that holy wrath would always be critical on undeads and I think the same apllied to excorcism but that was a very long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    As far as I remember there used to be an effect that holy wrath would always be critical on undeads and I think the same apllied to excorcism but that was a very long time ago.
    Holy Wrath has always stunned, Exo was 100% crit in Wrath

I switched to Arms warrior for the same reasons that the OP mentiones and I've never looked back, DPS wise.
    I WANZ MOAR BIG NUMBERS ON TEH SCREEN.
    I miss some parts of the Paladin tanking feeling, but since prot is only my Off spec, its fine with me

10+ Year Old Account
    As a mainspec holy who sometimes has to ret dps... I mean it's not stellar, I wouldn't bring it to every fight, but once some offspec gear is tossed your way it's very tolerable. Pimp out your gear and get a decent weapon, you'll start to feel more comfortable in it. I don't find it less annoying than say a 'badly geared DK'. If you're just running around questing, pick random sustained Dps Talents and glyphs... not the raid/pvp 'power house Aaaaa-cooldowns'.

And no you cannot do questing in Holy. I did that 85-90 it was TORTURE. Don't feed that line to any paladin. Even in my raid gear now I'd be extremely 'nope.jpg' about it. Denounce... so much Denounce.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Doing my dailies as holy together with shock glyph, breezing through them with high dps if I use cooldowns (90k+).
    It certainly requires some gear - if you don't have it, just party with a buddie and do them.

Ret AoE is the same way, as far as having to re-glyph and re-talent to do underwhelming aoe damage that lacks burst and requires some ramp up time to get shitquisition going
    Last edited by OmegaManHester; 2013-04-05 at 04:45 AM.

next patch you can get lfr gear while your in holy spec. and rerolling a class so you can do dailys a bit faster? nah far from worth it.

What are good options to reroll?

Just a thought as a Paladin through DS who switch to warlock for T14, and is switching back as soon as I can get within 10% of my Warlock's dps.

Ret isn't that bad, it's middle of the pack, dailies are easy enough, and might take me 2 mins longer than on my lock, but there are so many tools that I bring as a Ret Pally to my raid, that I feel like it's a better choice for me.

Dailies are a tiny portion of what you're going to do in the game, and there really isn't that much difference between the classes ability to solo them. A small percentage difference, yes, but I've done dailies as Ret Pally, Holy Pally and Prot Pally, as well as Destro/Aff Lock, Balance/Feral Druid, Assa/Com Rogue, Fury/Arms/Prot Warrior. They really aren't a big deal in the grand scheme of things, and Ret is perfectly middle of the road.

Holy Paladin is one of the best healing specs, so if you're going to reroll for dailies, be prepared to complain that your new class doesn't heal as well as your Paladin.

Also, if you're switching to DPS, remember that if you're playing your Ret right, you're bringing huge utility (Hand of Sac, LoH, Devo Aura, Sacred Shield among others) to your group that you might miss if you go to a pure dps class like I did with the Lock.

Just my 2 cents. I've rerolled many times, and I always end up coming back to the Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Franknol View Post
    What are good options to reroll?
    well for options i have DK , warrior , Enh Shaman and soon a rogue , i been reading the post and i think i will stick holy/prot and just try to find guildies to do dailies n stuff and on the other hand i think i should try to gear up my warrior , they look fun and good tanks.