[Frost PvP] Runes and Runic Power.

Right, in the end of the last season I decided to quit PvE & dedicate my game to PvP, Ive always liked the Unholy & Frost Death Knight specs & decided that Death Knight would be the class for me to pvp with, I'm doing fairly well in my opinion but the issue I keep running into is the fact that I keep running out of Runic Power and Runes, Does anyone have any advice on how to manage your Runic Power and Runes?

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...B4rie/advanced

i've been playing a dk at level 90 for less than a week, so my experience is not werry good, so what i'm about to say may sound totally retarded to an experienced dk.

but in a stressfull pvp situation, like arenas, i like Runic corruption a lot more than Blood tap, because instead of focusing on spamming frost strike for the stacks, i like the passive effect that can accur every time i use one frost strike.

i'm playing 2h frost btw, and i rarely find myself in a situation where i'm both rune and power starved. lining up my burst i can easyly tear down a healer in a few seconds in any 2v2 arena, with 100k+ obliterates.

i also find unholy blight with Chillblains in a combo with remorseless winter to give some nice cc, have countless times taken on 1v5 fights in bg's, and getting out alife after killing 1-2 players in the few seconds my cooldowns allow me to. The combo basicly slows everyone around you so much that only a few players can get out of it, and followed by 5 sec aoe stun they are helpless against my burst dmg, especially when i play with my hunter friend.

but again, that's just words from a newbie frost dk

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    but in a stressfull pvp situation, like arenas, i like Runic corruption a lot more than Blood tap, because instead of focusing on spamming frost strike for the stacks, i like the passive effect that can accur every time i use one frost strike.
    The problem with Runic Corruption is that its not as reliable as Blood Tap, I used to use Runic Corruption mainly cause I thought I wouldnt be able to keep track of the stacks, once you get used to it its fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    i've been playing a dk at level 90 for less than a week, so my experience is not werry good, so what i'm about to say may sound totally retarded to an experienced dk.

i'm playing 2h frost btw, and i rarely find myself in a situation where i'm both rune and power starved. lining up my burst i can easyly tear down a healer in a few seconds in any 2v2 arena, with 100k+ obliterates.

i also find unholy blight with Chillblains in a combo with remorseless winter to give some nice cc, have countless times taken on 1v5 fights in bg's, and getting out alife after killing 1-2 players in the few seconds my cooldowns allow me to. The combo basicly slows everyone around you so much that only a few players can get out of it, and followed by 5 sec aoe stun they are helpless against my burst dmg, especially when i play with my hunter friend.

but again, that's just words from a newbie frost dk
    I'm by no means the most amazing DK in pvp. I am decent and well experienced. 300 Arena wins on it(which I don't even recall getting that much before MOP). As cathias has sad once you get used to blood tap it is A LOT better overall, especially if you get forced into blood presence and need to line up some burst. I personally use RE right now, and am going to make the switch back to BT because I'm tired of the RNG on RE. Don't take anything you do in a random BG as skill either, not saying you aren't, but I go into battle against all odds purposely and usually end up victorious because a) people still dont have pvp gear and b) they are just that bad.

100k Oblits though, only will happen on cloth. I have 52% pvp power and only get 70-80k on cloth. With everything aligned im sure I could hit 100k, but I don't think you hit that 100k Oblits on a normal basis.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    I'm by no means the most amazing DK in pvp. I am decent and well experienced. 300 Arena wins on it(which I don't even recall getting that much before MOP). As cathias has sad once you get used to blood tap it is A LOT better overall, especially if you get forced into blood presence and need to line up some burst. I personally use RE right now, and am going to make the switch back to BT because I'm tired of the RNG on RE. Don't take anything you do in a random BG as skill either, not saying you aren't, but I go into battle against all odds purposely and usually end up victorious because a) people still dont have pvp gear and b) they are just that bad.

100k Oblits though, only will happen on cloth. I have 52% pvp power and only get 70-80k on cloth. With everything aligned im sure I could hit 100k, but I don't think you hit that 100k Oblits on a normal basis.

I only have 26% pvppower (no weapon until this afternoon ) on my DK but I hit a 116k with all CDs up on a rogue. He was probably full PvE gear but I hit two KMs back-to-back and hit him for 200k in 2 seconds, so that was nice.

And all I really do on mine is BGs, working on gearing up to focus on RBGs, but I've come to like RE quite a bit. I know I should get BT and get used to it, but with AMS soaking with casters focusing, and the natural flow of things, I've found I'm frost-striking a lot, and it seems to work well enough for me. There's not many occasions where I'm starved on either resource, and if there is that's what we have Empower Rune Weapon for. The only thing that could really improve where you're at, as there's no magical secret, is to look at how you're using your abilities, and see if maybe you're wasting a frost on HB leaving you unable to obliterate, or if you're over-writing chains of ice, wasting a frost rune, stuff like that.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    I only have 26% pvppower (no weapon until this afternoon ) on my DK but I hit a 116k with all CDs up on a rogue. He was probably full PvE gear but I hit two KMs back-to-back and hit him for 200k in 2 seconds, so that was nice.

And all I really do on mine is BGs, working on gearing up to focus on RBGs, but I've come to like RE quite a bit. I know I should get BT and get used to it, but with AMS soaking with casters focusing, and the natural flow of things, I've found I'm frost-striking a lot, and it seems to work well enough for me. There's not many occasions where I'm starved on either resource, and if there is that's what we have Empower Rune Weapon for. The only thing that could really improve where you're at, as there's no magical secret, is to look at how you're using your abilities, and see if maybe you're wasting a frost on HB leaving you unable to obliterate, or if you're over-writing chains of ice, wasting a frost rune, stuff like that.
    My record in pvp is 280k with Howling Blast and 270k with Frost Strike.
    On a pve holy paladin, all CD's, procs, trinkets, Berserking, flasks, buffs and potions

/flex

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    My record in pvp is 280k with Howling Blast and 270k with Frost Strike.
    On a pve holy paladin, all CD's, procs, trinkets, Berserking, flasks, buffs and potions

/flex
    hmm, i can't get my howling blast to hit more than 35k, and my frost stike i've seen at 65k max ing bg's. but i guess you are duelwield stacking mastery, where as i am 2h stacking crit/haste

While I know it's different pve to pvp generally the rune management comes down to your choice of the rune refreshing talent, so you can either have it be random, smooth random, or completely in your control. They all give generally the same benefit but they will also all give you a totally different feel with how you play. The runic power just comes from your use of runes so the more runes you have, the more rp, and the more dmg output you can do (if you break it down super simple at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post

get to 1800+ rating in RBGs and you will see that damage drop a ton. Well geared players aren't taking THAT much damage. The issue right now(or at least the last couple weeks) is chilblains is still not working. I'm not sure if it's fixed yet but having to use HB too much cause CB just stops working w/o being dispelled or doesn't apply while frost fever is present is getting annoying. Also in higher end arena you will need to be sitting in Blood Presence instead of Frost Presence(especially if it's a melee/physical damage comp) therefor making RE almost useless. Like I said im not a pro but im not terribad either. I have seen 100k+ crits, but its only ever in randoms when im going against inferior opponents. Occasionally in Arena I will do it if I am lucky to get a bad geared group at my rating.