Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Excess hit and expertise

Hey guys! I was just wondering how you all are dealing with the excessive amounts of hit and expertise present on the new ToT gear... I am struggling particularly in keeping my hit down.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...anori/advanced

Well, the trinket is killing you. I'm sure it's probably better than what you had before though, so the reforge is good. You still have hit gems in your helm and pants, so switch those out. Other than that, I'd just say deal with it until you can replace something.

Once you get a weapon with no +hit on it, you will be almost exactly at the hit/exp cap and you'll be really happy about ur damage. I'm in the same boat, the feather is way too good of a trinket to not use.. just be patient for lei shen axe, or a sword of frozen halls/bo-ris to drop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omnibishop View Post
    Well, the trinket is killing you. I'm sure it's probably better than what you had before though, so the reforge is good. You still have hit gems in your helm and pants, so switch those out. Other than that, I'd just say deal with it until you can replace something.
    He gets more strength putting a purple gem so he shouldn't replace them.

As you said he has to deal with this problem until he gets items with different itemization.

Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post
    Once you get a weapon with no +hit on it, you will be almost exactly at the hit/exp cap and you'll be really happy about ur damage. I'm in the same boat, the feather is way too good of a trinket to not use.. just be patient for lei shen axe, or a sword of frozen halls/bo-ris to drop.
    It's good if you are UH and you are able to manage a FB playstile.

Deleted
    I thought about the over hit cap thing and gemming purple giving you more str. And in that case if you are not able to lower your hit rating isn't it more beneficial to use purple str/stam?

its not game breaking but gives you more survey when in progress (if you are over hit cap you are presumably in progress) and gives more absorb to ams thus potentially gives mre RP back if used to full

Quote Originally Posted by php View Post
    I thought about the over hit cap thing and gemming purple giving you more str. And in that case if you are not able to lower your hit rating isn't it more beneficial to use purple str/stam?

its not game breaking but gives you more survey when in progress (if you are over hit cap you are presumably in progress) and gives more absorb to ams thus potentially gives mre RP back if used to full
    That's what I've been doing, been over hit cap ever since I got the sword off of council, then got thunderforged feather and wanted to stab something. The stam in a Str/Stam gem is more useful for 2H than hit, since the hit does nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by php View Post

Yep, that's a good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaloren View Post
    Hey guys! I was just wondering how you all are dealing with the excessive amounts of hit and expertise present on the new ToT gear... I am struggling particularly in keeping my hit down.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...anori/advanced
    I have the same problem, not much you can do about it until non-hit upgrades come along.

However, may I suggest you spend the gold and put the extra socket on your weapon? It is thunderforged, and it will be a while before you kill heroic Council/Lei Shen and gettting a thunderforged Uroe is also pretty unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    I have the same problem, not much you can do about it until non-hit upgrades come along.

However, may I suggest you spend the gold and put the extra socket on your weapon? It is thunderforged, and it will be a while before you kill heroic Council/Lei Shen and gettting a thunderforged Uroe is also pretty unlikely.
    Looks like he is only half way through the "Test of Valor" so he has 3 or 4 weeks until he will get his socket. I'm in the same boat because I main swapped with 3 weeks left in T14, so this week I will hit 4000/6000 for the socket.

Ah, belay my last then.

But yeah same boat for me. Going from 510 starshatter to 522 Xerat was too big of an upgrade to pass, but I'm now sitting at 9.2% hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    He gets more strength putting a purple gem so he shouldn't replace them.

As you said he has to deal with this problem until he gets items with different itemization.

It's good if you are UH and you are able to manage a FB playstile.
    It's good either way my friend. That trinket proc is outrageous for all specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Ah, belay my last then.

But yeah same boat for me. Going from 510 starshatter to 522 Xerat was too big of an upgrade to pass, but I'm now sitting at 9.2% hit.
    Talk to the poor ret pally in my raid group who spent 3 weeks at almost 11% hit because nothing dropped but the 2 massive hit items he got were too much of an upgrade to miss out on .

At least we're past the days where all we could do was take the gear and live with it. Reforging has made life a whole lot better for stat optimisation beyond 'i'm not taking that piece because it's not BiS'

Deleted
    a lot of us are in the same boat tbh. i got hit mastery chest tier gloves(with hit and the hit crit sword on my frost dk last week and after forging everything out of hit and switching all my str hit to pure str gems im still at 9.7% hit but im pulling 10k more dps than i was with the old gear so even though it feels so WRONG to be over hit cap the gear was too much of an upgrade to pass on

I'm at nearly 10% and I don't even have feathers of ji kun yet. Blizzard needs to stop making gear with over a thousand hit, and make less gear with hit in general.

We can hit cap with only TWO items and that's without reforging, there is a point where this has gone far enough and I think we have reached it.

The issue comes from stat inflation, they are just straight inflating all of the stats which makes things like hit excessive. you could get to cap without much issue at ilvl 463 so getting to hit cap with 50-60 more ilvls of stats is almost impossible to do especially since they throw it on ever other piece of gear.

They need to either have less gear with hit, or give some of the stat inflation to the other stat on a piece of gear rather than hit. Until they deal with that (or allow us to reforge a full secondary stat instead of just 40%) we are going to be stuck with excessive amounts of it. Everything that doesn't have hit on it is an upgrade for me right now. :-P

Deleted
    I have to admit, seeing over 1k hit on items did make me chuckle a bit. Ultimately though, if you're pushing more dps even with the excess hit then your question is answered about whether you're right for doing what you are

the answer is to never use a weapon with hit on it, if you have one.. just use another trinket until you can get a new weapon if it really bothers you that much to waste some stats. I do feel like the trinket's proc is worth losing some mastery or haste

Quote Originally Posted by dkdk View Post
    The issue comes from stat inflation, they are just straight inflating all of the stats which makes things like hit excessive. you could get to cap without much issue at ilvl 463 so getting to hit cap with 50-60 more ilvls of stats is almost impossible to do especially since they throw it on ever other piece of gear.

They need to either have less gear with hit, or give some of the stat inflation to the other stat on a piece of gear rather than hit. Until they deal with that (or allow us to reforge a full secondary stat instead of just 40%) we are going to be stuck with excessive amounts of it. Everything that doesn't have hit on it is an upgrade for me right now. :-P
    or that you convert a portion of the excess hit/expertise to something like AP. not enough to where you want to stack it...but also not where it's a complete waste of hit/expertise over the cap.

your in a similair dilemma i was in before hand.
    You dont need a non hit weapon as a 528 will be superior to any 522 due to wep dmg
    Get the Valor cloak as it is haste, that will give u 350 less hit
    and sooner u get tortos or tier shoulders ull drop 400 hit
    with this you should be in a save place with hit

The loot gods hate me, last night went from Chestplate of Violent Detonation to Talonrender Chestplate. It is an upgrade but I'm already running almost 10% hit, so of course I'd get another hit chest.