Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation What abilities of elemental shaman must change.

It's still squishy.shamanistic rage doesn't help at all.i think the worst of elemental shaman is their survivability against melee.melee classes are very easy to get close to ele shaman.ele shaman doesnt have good survival as shadow priest.And..i think something needed change..

Reduce the cd of Stone Bulwark totem to 45sec.

Astral Shift 6sec duration but 2min...should be 10-12secs..it will be very helpful.but 6sec is really low..they cant live longer..

Reduce the cd of Earthbind totem and Earthgrab totem by 15sec.

Make Frost shock not share cds to the other shocks.so it will be more handy to snare people.

Make Lava Burst castable while moving.it is a main spell and always used by all shamans.

Make Spiritwalker's Grace immune Silence effect and interrupt effect by 5sec.(Same like Resto's PvP gear effect but it is also needed for elemental too because their survivability is VERY WEAK.Maybe add this effect in the elemental shaman PvP gear)

Sorry for my bad English:P

Shamans are fine. It's other classes that needs to be changed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Sounds like you are doing something wrong honestly OP.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

elemental shamans survivability is just TOO WEAK.havent you play elemental as PvP?dueling,arenas..

just im always getting one-shotted in 2v2 especially 2DPS.Poped all my defensive cd but at last i didnt normal damage because getting attacked by those 2dps in 2v2..

Quote Originally Posted by walled56 View Post
    just im always getting one-shotted in 2v2 especially 2DPS.Poped all my defensive cd but at last i didnt normal damage because getting attacked by those 2dps in 2v2..
    Lol 2s there's your problem. Resto or nothing there.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Of course, mages and spriests atm are so retarded ele can't really compare.
    ^This is the problem. Mages are just better and always have been, probably always will be. (This is coming from a mage main)
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

In my opinion Elemental is perfectly fine in appropriate compositions, in fact I'd go as far as to call them slightly overpowered sometimes. Put them together with a Boomkins/Spriest/Mage and you could definitely go high, assuming you're good obviously. I mean you've got "shatters" With either Elemental Blast + Insta Lava Burst or Lava Burst + Earth Shock. In addition to your great burst you're healer is practically immune to CC. Healer getting... Trapped? Grounding. Feared? Tremor? Hexed? Wind Shear. Attacked? Healing totems + spam heals. You're untouchable by melees on knock-off maps. They're just underrated becuase they were not as good in Cataclysm, and Resto has been good if not OP for some time now. Take a look back to WotLK. See their potential. You get punished hard for mistakes, but when you perfect the gameplay they're imba.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 04:29 PM ----------

Nothing is balanced around 2v2, you're supposed to see it from a RBG/3v3 perspective in my opinion.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 04:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Definitely this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    By your logic about every single last class needs a change then.

@OP, problem is that ele has to cast, has to cast a lot in fact to deliver any kind if meaningful damage and hits like a wet noodle outside of cd's and even then relies a lot on RNG. Ele combines the worst out of several aspects without any redeeming qualities.

Let's take Ele vs Melee for example. Most melees have a lot of gap closers nowadays such getting rid of them is incredible hard for an elemental shaman. Other classes often have a whole kit of abilities to do something about them, mage for example has two novas, RoF, the slow is automatically applied per frostbolt which is cast anyway and has some meaningful defensive abilities such as iceblock.
    Some people will now come out of the bushes and say how "op" mage is, but in fact most casters by now have a similar even if not quite as good defensive against melees and the reason for that is that they desperately need said defense.

MoP PvP even more so than Cataclysm PvP is dominated by interrupts, stuns, silences, knockbacks and some other fun mechanisms. This means that an melee with enough uptime can pretty much completly shut a caster down. For many casters this is not as much of an issue since they usually have to ability to peel for themselves or at least last long enough to retaliate once they managed to disengage.
    This doesn't hold true for Shamans, one of the reasons is that Shamans have to either decide to slow their enemy (something they have to waste a gcd on instead of applying it automatically) or keep lava shock up which keeps getting dispelled and is crucial for proccs (a complete RNG component, if you're lucky you CAN get several proccs in short succession doing a hell of a lot of damage, mostly you're not...) and have to rely on fairly long CD abilities if they want to do any kind of meaningful damage. (Ascendence has a 3 minute cool down and as visible as hell, allowing anyone with half a brain to completely shut the shaman down and negating any kind of damage he could do).
    The burst cd's of other classes such as mage (deep freeze) often have a far, far lower CD. So even if it gets countered he can after a fairly short time set up his next kill attempt. In the time the shaman can use ascendence one a mage can use deep freeze six times.

Elemental shaman would've been fine in Wotlk or BC PvP, he is very much not fine in Pandaria PvP. He relies on mechanics that are completly outdated and can nowadays be countered by about anyone while himself lacking many of the abilities other classes have to deal with all the new stuff. It's a bit like flying a World War 2 fighter plane, while being completly adequate and well equipped to deal with most of the opponents back then, it wouldn't last long against a modern fighter plane. Somewhere during the transition of Wotlk to Cataclysm elemental and to a lesser extent enhancer fell behind in the arm races and elemental completly dropped out in Pandaria.

#showtooltip
    /cast Earthgrab Totem
    /click TotemFrameTotem1 RightButton

It's what I've been using for a while now.

Honestly I don't want stuff like cast lava burst while running. Ele used to be regarded as the 3 button retard-friendly spec, but it's one of the few caster specs that I find fun atm because of having to stand still and cast. I don't think ele is that bad atm, shamanistic helps us survive burst and you never go oom because of it anymore. Lava burst change was a good survivability boost as well.

Indeed! Only becuase Frost Mages can literally one-shot people EVERY deep does not mean everyone else should be able to do so too. How would that fix things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ele's survival relies on team support
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

#showtooltip
    /cast Earthgrab Totem
    /click TotemFrameTotem1 RightButton

It's what I've been using for a while now.

Honestly I don't want stuff like cast lava burst while running. Ele used to be regarded as the 3 button retard-friendly spec, but it's one of the few caster specs that I find fun atm because of having to stand still and cast. I don't think ele is that bad atm, shamanistic helps us survive burst and you never go oom because of it anymore. Lava burst change was a good survivability boost as well.

cancel totem?i dont get it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Ele should lose the ability to use shields and given more anti-melee tools. They have too much armor to be able to kite like others. Inb4 armor is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    By your logic about every single last class needs a change then.
    Which is exactly what happens in every major patch.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, #1 change ele needs is untying Frost Shock from the other ones or just making Earth Shock apply a slow. Ele has strong defensives now, and thunderstorm is good at getting melee off, but the problem is they just bait your thunderstorm and gap close again if they are a rogue/DK/feral/War.

Frozen Power would make Ele completely fine if they could actually cast Frost Shock.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 03:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Ele should lose the ability to use shields and given more anti-melee tools. They have too much armor to be able to kite like others. Inb4 armor is useless.
    Shadowform/Boomkin/Molten Armor/Fel Armor...

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 03:50 PM ----------

Shadowform/Boomkin/Molten Armor/Fel Armor...
    He was talking about armor the stat, not the armor spells.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Elemental has to cast in the World Of Instantcast. Their damage is amazing during ascendence but it's easy to just LoS or CC them. They are very trainable. No dispel protection on flame shock. Flame shock is on the same cooldown as their slow, frost shock. They don't have passive dmg reduction like shadow/mage/boomkin. Outside of two tiered arena thunderstorm is a joke, every melee has a lot of gap closers.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I know he was. And I'm saying armor is past the point of mattering for anything other than Leather. Pretty much every other spec is mail+ armor values, damage reduction %-wise. Or higher. For instance, a Priest can have almost as much armor as a non-shielded plate with Inner Fire glyphed (i know they may not use it all the time, but its possible)

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 04:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant View Post
    Elemental has to cast in the World Of Instantcast. Their damage is amazing during ascendence but it's easy to just LoS or CC them. They are very trainable. No dispel protection on flame shock. Flame shock is on the same cooldown as their slow, frost shock. They don't have passive dmg reduction like shadow/mage/boomkin. Outside of two tiered arena thunderstorm is a joke, every melee has a lot of gap closers.
    Not every, but every top-tier melee. :P And we wonder why some classes are better than others when it comes to melee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    The armor stat is in fact inferior to abilities such as shadow form. Armonly reduces some physical damage, shadow form for example reduces every damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant View Post
    No, elemental damage isn't all that great. Elemental has friggin long cool downs and can be easily shut down during those. Yet it does about the same burst damage other classes do when stacking cool downs.

10+ Year Old Account

Make Lava Burst castable while moving.it is a main spell and always used by all shamans.
    Please Blizzard, can I haz starfire while moving?