Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Question Will BM be viable for Nighthold progress?

    i was checking warcraft logs and i dont see bm spec doing very well on raiding scene , i like the spec but the pets let the spec down big time, when adds are spread bm suffers, same as target switching while mm loses no dps.

    mm is losing its big aoe burst because barrage got nerfed and their cleave through sidewinders but blizzard might buff their single target dps so high that bm will be left in dust again

    my question is, is there a fight in nighthold where bm can shine or will it be the same story as now, go mm or go home ???

  2. #2
    Damage is not the best, might get sat if there is a hard dps check that you cannot get over...doing 50k less dps than top specs is pretty sad.

    If there's a fight with a mega ton of random aoe damage and movement, BM will be great on progress. Other ranged classes may have to play conservatively to not die but BM can do perfect rotation while avoiding everything.

    If you have something that needs to be immuned, unless your stacked on rogues, you have to bring some hunters.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty1 View Post
    i was checking warcraft logs and i dont see bm spec doing very well on raiding scene , i like the spec but the pets let the spec down big time, when adds are spread bm suffers, same as target switching while mm loses no dps.

    mm is losing its big aoe burst because barrage got nerfed and their cleave through sidewinders but blizzard might buff their single target dps so high that bm will be left in dust again

    my question is, is there a fight in nighthold where bm can shine or will it be the same story as now, go mm or go home ???
    From what I can see on the forums, PTR forums and other sources...BM is getting no love (or hate, other than the pvp nerf). MM is getting big changes, most of which will likely make the spec unplayable (or at least very shitty)...and Survival is....melee still, so largely not viable for that alone (raid leaders are looking for ranged DPS, there's a glut of melee, at least in my circles). I guess it is still "early" in the PTR phase, but nothing we've seen so far looks good for hunter in general...especially not BM

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Felthorn View Post
    From what I can see on the forums, PTR forums and other sources...BM is getting no love (or hate, other than the pvp nerf). MM is getting big changes, most of which will likely make the spec unplayable (or at least very shitty)...and Survival is....melee still, so largely not viable for that alone (raid leaders are looking for ranged DPS, there's a glut of melee, at least in my circles). I guess it is still "early" in the PTR phase, but nothing we've seen so far looks good for hunter in general...especially not BM
    You are wrong, the style going to change, the number still tunning, how can people judge the spec with only that ?

  5. #5
    Too early to tell. No need to theorycraft until final PTR builds are done. Pretty pointless since things can change at any given time until release.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008 Hunter 2008-????

  6. #6
    You don't know if BM is getting any love or not, if the changes stay to Sidewinders, Marksmanship's position becomes quite wonky.
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Patch next 24-25/09 -> Antorus either the week after Blizzcon, or the week of the 28-29/11.
    :thinking:

  7. #7
    BM is viable now and will continue to be in Nighthold.

    MM is the spec with the question mark.

  8. #8
    I dont see why not till Mythic level , on mythic damage output will rule it out

  9. #9
    No high-level hunter can/will give you a definitive answer. PTR is still looking at massive changes in the coming weeks(Since it's not hitting live until Nighthold/Mid-Jan).

    That said, it honestly wouldn't take much to push BM over marks. It's already equivalent if not better on single target than marks IF you don't have the marks boots/belt which pushes the spec above BM by a fair margin. In AOE, the main thing keeping BM from competing with marks is Sidewinders and the ability to do spread-out cleave. Frankly, if I didn't have the marks boots I would be playing BM for mythic+ since I have all dps traits for BM and bringing a lust/brez is pretty sweet in terms of making party comp a bit more lenient.
    Last edited by Finbezz; 2016-11-29 at 06:58 PM.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire Tangman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    466
    Im pretty sure we'll get 715 before January :P

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SeagullMD View Post
    BM is viable now and will continue to be in Nighthold.

    MM is the spec with the question mark.
    What? It's pretty much the worst spec in the game right now.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Too early to tell. No need to theorycraft until final PTR builds are done. Pretty pointless since things can change at any given time until release.
    This same worthless excuse is given every testing phase.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    This same worthless excuse is given every testing phase.
    Remember when SV was supposed to be so goood on beta? And simmed sooo high ?
    Ya, where is SV right now? How many top raiders use it? Yea, this "Excuse" is why people wait for final builds/live patch before anything meaningful comes to fruition
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008 Hunter 2008-????

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Remember when SV was supposed to be so goood on beta? And simmed sooo high ?
    Ya, where is SV right now? How many top raiders use it? Yea, this "Excuse" is why people wait for final builds/live patch before anything meaningful comes to fruition
    Why the fuck would top raiders play a melee when they can play ranged? Fuck out with that disingenuous shit.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

  15. #15
    You know where BM is viable. Mythic Odyn, drink the tears of casters and melee who complain about runes, orbs, spears, tornadoes.

  16. #16
    Depending on how lucky you are, then with the right legendaries it can be viable. Not saying it will be the best option, but seeing as how my guild has a BM Hunter who crushes numbers with the legendary bracers and belt, it's a viable option. Without good RNG from drops though, if it stays the same as it is now it will be behind MM like it is now.

  17. #17
    After seeing the most recent ptr build BM will not be the desired raiding or M+ spec. With the direction Blizzard is taking BM it's very clear it will remain the dumpster spec, only good for casual play and world questing. There is no way Blizzard has anything else substantial planned for the spec before 7.1.5 release, with that said stay away from BM. I understand the PTR is not over but at this point the bulk has already been revealed and it has been a huge let down. I understand how unforgiving it is to grind out AP, relics and legendaries for a spec, I'm only giving this advice to save people time and frustration.
    Last edited by zoned; 2016-11-30 at 09:10 PM.

  18. #18
    This question is asked for just about every spec in every single class forum. The answer has, and always will, depend on your answer to the following question:

    Are you in a top 50 guild?

    If your answer to the bolded question is "yes", then the answer is, "That depends largely on your RL's perception of your spec when forming the core roster."

    If your answer to the bolded question is "no", then the answer is, "Play whatever you want."

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Remember when SV was supposed to be so goood on beta? And simmed sooo high ?
    Ya, where is SV right now? How many top raiders use it? Yea, this "Excuse" is why people wait for final builds/live patch before anything meaningful comes to fruition
    Survival is insane single target dps, but why would someone playing Survival when they can play Marks and perform better overall? Your argument is total bullshit, lol.

  20. #20
    Stood in the Fire Tangman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    466
    Please dont stop. Im loving this. When we're done, can you start about whos dad is strongest?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •