As a 14/16 heroic T14 hunter, now working on T15 Heroics(12/12 NM This week.).. I generally preferred DB over fervor as survival for a myriad assortment of reasons.
- With fervor, you tend to focus flood, causing Srs to drop off and either require a badly timed cobra to refresh (and focus cap//delay explosive), or a reapplication of Srs.
- Even without BM mastery, DB is aprox 8-10% of your damage.
- Fervor only converts Cobra shot damage into Arcane shot damage... at a loss of the dire beast damage itself.
- Its fire and forget, with a nice SLOW steady focus income.
- I do not know why for one of the above posters, the DB comes back to you.. if you run with petpassive and manually send pet all the time, this could be screwing with the Guardian (DB) AI controller.
- You can readiness and DB again instantly for added damage and an increase in incoming focus.
As for T15
- DB scales well with AP. Timed right with all these MASSIVE agility procing trinkets, especially during the opener, causes for one hellavua hard hitting DB