Atonement in PVP?

as the title says. Is it Vital to use atonement in pvp? or can i get away with NOT using it at all?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxexpertxXx View Post
    as the title says. Is it Vital to use atonement in pvp? or can i get away with NOT using it at all?
    I only use it from holy fire/solace, i'm not prepared to risk being locked out from holy school beause of smiting.

Give us mind blast back, bastards!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    makes a difference to use it just to get evangelism up. Bgs dont matter really, theyre a clusterfuck of messiness anyway but in arena I use it depending what your up against. always shield yourself before smiting incase you get locked, use it when the enemy is CCd or whatever. your always gonna get locked out at some point but it can provide real good pressure to finish someone off.
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Using Atonement for the healing is silly; it scales down with your target's resilience, making it WAY worse ofor healing than actual heals.

Using spells which trigger it for the damage can be useful though.

Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    Using Atonement for the healing is silly; it scales down with your target's resilience, making it WAY worse ofor healing than actual heals.

Using spells which trigger it for the damage can be useful though.
    Actually, Atonement healing is based on the pre-resilience damage a spell would do. They changed it in 5.2.

As far as Atonement healing in PvP, PW:Solace/Holy Fire is another instant, and worth using sometimes for that alone. I don't like to use Penance (offensive)/Smite often, though, as I don't think they're worth risking a lockout for. But then, I suck at PvP so it's entirely possible I'm wrong.

i very rarley am able to use atonement! sure it gives me that 25% more healing which can help! How ever the heal recieved while casting smite/holyfire, Isnt all that great. Its better if im direct healing someone my self instead of healing the most injured player threw atonement with smite/holy fire! So i rarly use atonement i dont have time really to be smiting/holy firing. Maybe a few here in their but ONLY if the target is in CC then i can get that 5 stacks of evange! and pop Archangle when needed!