Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Probably an old theory but still a solid one: Mannaroth is influencing Garrosh

After reading more about the upcoming patch it got me thinking again.

Mannaroth's skull is hanging literally right above his head. Thrall used to have it in a secluded area of Orgrimmar, away from himself or anything else important. Did he know?

Demonic skulls; Demonic artifacts even have been known to influence their owners.

Illidan for example was possibly influenced by the skull of gul'dan, but gul'dan was just an orc warlock. Mannaroth was a pitlord. THE pitlord.

What could be more devious, more clever than for his spirit to live on in the skull, and bring ruin to the son of the very orc who killed him?

It's so beautifully perfect. What better way for Mannaroth to exact revenge as well as weaken the horde for the next legion attack? Since we're probably looking at a legion expansion after this, it just fits so well.

Garrosh's pride over the legacy of his father will be his downfall. I love it.

No, this is a terrible theory, the thing's just a dead bone, Thrall wouldn't have left it hanging around if it could still influence people.
    Twas brillig

I don't think anything can live through a combination of Gorehowl and Doomhammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point having two intangible evils is probably too much. We've already got the Sha of Pride, whatever essence of Y'Shaarj remains (though those may be one and the same)... throwing the ghost of a Burning Legion demon into the mix is too much.

Deleted
    I bet the Sha are fumbling with his mind at this point.
    I bet during his boss battle, when you kill him, a giant sha monster will appear. (or a lot of small ones) Or he will be shamified or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    All in do time, will we find out the true reasoning. I think a Dreadlord is controlling / possessed Malkorok & he is manipulating Garrosh.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see where your coming from. But I do not believe this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    No, this is a terrible theory, the thing's just a dead bone, Thrall wouldn't have left it hanging around if it could still influence people.
    Thrall wouldn't know that, he isn't an expert on demons.

I also theorized this back before Mists I think (You can find the whole theory from my profile, just go under "Recent threads started by Wariofan1"), and while it could have been a valid theory, I'm fairly certain they'll keep it at the Sha of Pride and Y'shaarj and not make it more complicated than necessary. I do still believe that Saurfang will die, if not him then Thrall (referring to my old theory).

10+ Year Old Account
    If they did it would literally be a rabbit out of a hat. To at the last second say 'The legion did it!' would just be a massive cop out.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Thrall wouldn't know that, he isn't an expert on demons.

I also theorized this back before Mists I think (You can find the whole theory from my profile, just go under "Recent threads started by Wariofan1"), and while it could have been a valid theory, I'm fairly certain they'll keep it at the Sha of Pride and Y'shaarj and not make it more complicated than necessary. I do still believe that Saurfang will die, if not him then Thrall (referring to my old theory).
    He's a shaman and he's got an entire horde of spellcasters that can look over the thing ten trillion times with every spell known to orc tauren and troll, there's no way he just stuck the skull of a powerful demonlord in the middle of his city while it was still chock full of fel energy or whatever.

That thing's purged to kingdom come, it'd be stupid if it weren't.
    Twas brillig

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds a bit hard seeing as Mannaroth is...you know...dead?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Illidan's influence from the Skull of Guldan most likely stems from the fact that he tried to eat it...
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Sounds a bit hard seeing as Mannaroth is...you know...dead?
    Because that's never stopped Kael'thas, Nefarian, Sylvanas, Onyxia, Arthas, or a whole legion of other characters.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see were it could happen, but I would rather just have one bad guy be bad of his own accord.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    Illidan's influence from the Skull of Guldan most likely stems from the fact that he tried to eat it...

What good with a skull if you can't eat it? Ever heard of skull candy?:P
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-03-31 at 07:12 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Because that's never stopped Kael'thas, Nefarian, Sylvanas, Onyxia, Arthas, or a whole legion of other characters.
    Kael never actually died in Tempest
    Those other chatacters became undead
    So an undead Mannaroth?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Kael never actually died in Tempest
    Those other chatacters became undead
    So an undead Mannaroth?
    Okay, if we're really pedantic, what about that pit lord in Hellfire? With his death, the fel energy seeped out and corrupted the water pools around him.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh...that could hold some truth :S gul'dans skull was able to change illidan into a semi demon and gul'dan was just an orc :S Mannaroth was much stronger than gul'dan so it stands tor reason his skull is much stronger and much more corruptive...unless you know the horde cleansed it with shaman,druid and priest magic before they brought it back :S

His crazy blood lust(even more crazy than usual) did start soon after he got an armour/ throne upgrade....

also doesn't the horde still have mannaroths actual armour...we all know that armour and weapons can corrupt...just look at the lich king :P

Also mannaroth is an incredibly powerful demon, kiljaden and archimonde have the ability to hide their presence why wouldn't mannaroth :P
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-03-31 at 07:30 PM.

Why can't it just be because he's Garrosh, a warmongering jerkoff, why do we have to come up with excuses for him?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Also mannaroth is an incredibly powerful demon, kiljaden and archimonde have the ability to hide their presence why wouldn't mannaroth :P
    Different types of Demons
    Arch and KT were beings of magical prowess
    Pit Lords are bigass beings of pure strength and fury.

If Mannaroth ever had the ability to "mask his presence" I doubt he would ever want to use it

Deleted
    If Mannaroth ever had the ability to "mask his presence" I doubt he would ever want to use it

How does that make sense?