Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    Actually...the introduction of actual PvP in WoW IS what brought balance and fixed many classes. Does anyone remember Priest racials for one? Balance in this game was GOD AWFUL prior to the introduction of arenas, and it has actually gotten better since then. The problem is many people who post on forums don't actually have the width of vision to see how things were and how they are now.
    Yeah, we cry about a 10% difference in damage now and bemoan the lack of balance. I will admit I am guilty of this on occasion. Back in Vanilla there were classes/specs doing 100% more damage than others. I think there was actually a blue post about this a few moths ago.

Oh how I miss Dampen and Amplify Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Wargon View Post
    I thought brain freeze could only proc from one NT, even if you have 8 up.
    Correct. The brain freeze procs only proc from the most recent nether tempest you put up.

Quote Originally Posted by Balo View Post
    I just don't trust GC with mages this expansion. The wow community hates mages and wont be happy till there nerfed to the ground or deleted.
    Oh woe is me having to not be the absolute unquestioned top of the ranks like I have been since WoW was invented!

Jesus. Mages have always been a competitive DPS class and still are.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 03:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I was a bit sad when they went but seriously they were useful in like one fight ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I do think we're being nerfed again soon. In my current gear, I'm usually top on single target fights, do really well on cleave fights, and do okay on multi target fights. Soon as you get near or over 50% crit on bosses (3% boss crit reduction + Critical Mass) DPS just skyrockets. I don't even have 4 set yet, and I'm easily 15k ahead on some fights. We just scale too well.

It's not a problem when it's only at the absolute top. But as soon as it trickles down to the majority of raiders we're in for a scaling nerf yet again is my guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would seem a bit ass-backwards to buff our bombs and then go right back and nerf them.
    If anything I could see them swapping some of the power from NT to LB. Reduce the AoE damage on NT to 25% instead of 50% while still maintaining the same single target damage and increasing the explosion damage on LB.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

The crying and whining from one of the most OP classes, in both PvP and PvE, is absolutely hilarious. Other classes do not have the high performance, the distinct specs and playstyle or simply put, blizzard's favor... and yet, the interwebs floods with tears at every opportunity. Maybe that's the 'trick', cry cry cry, even when the class is OP, so they don't balance it or simply buff it.

Hilarious, yet sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    lol, so in a thread that is completely focused on NT, u go to the "nerf mage cc" card...brilliant.
    The title is "mages are going to get nerfed again". If he wanted the thread to be SOLELY about NT, he would have said "so NT is getting nerfed". You're welcome to continue whining though.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 05:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The crying and whining from one of the most OP classes, in both PvP and PvE, is absolutely hilarious. Other classes do not have the high performance, the distinct specs and playstyle or simply put, blizzard's favor... and yet, the interwebs floods with tears at every opportunity. Maybe that's the 'trick', cry cry cry, even when the class is OP, so they don't balance it or simply buff it.

Hilarious, yet sad.
    Exactly this. There are classes that are FAR worse off than Mages, and yet all I seem to see is mage tears flowing like a river through the forums. They're just a bunch of little kiddies and babies who are throwing a temper tantrum because they aren't constantly at the top of the food chain.

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by Swizzle; 2013-04-02 at 07:05 AM.

A question to Hulkgor and Buxton McGraff? Do you people even play a Mage and not as an alt as a main?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    /readycheck

wait i still need to put dampen/amplify magic on 20 people -_-(H saurfang)

but yea the whole bomb talent became really dumb when they...

A: introduced trinket that procs from periodic spell(forst bomb T.T)
    B: fireblast not spreading living bomb

hopefully they see the issue with NT (damage wise and comparsion of other bombs) and fix it next patch/expansion
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    The title is "mages are going to get nerfed again". If he wanted the thread to be SOLELY about NT, he would have said "so NT is getting nerfed". You're welcome to continue whining though.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 05:31 AM ----------

Exactly this. There are classes that are FAR worse off than Mages, and yet all I seem to see is mage tears flowing like a river through the forums. They're just a bunch of little kiddies and babies who are throwing a temper tantrum because they aren't constantly at the top of the food chain.
    Looking at the title, it states specific intent about Nether Tempest. Also, you're supposed to read the OP before posting, and the OP clearly talks about Nether Tempest. Lastly, you are in the Mage forums...if you want to hear the endless moaning of other classes, feel free to browse their forums. I do, it's quite fun seeing how much other people complain.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    You guys are going in some interesting directions with this. Nobody said it was interesting or even good. I simply said I thought it was better than Rune of Power. Your recollection of how it worked was a bit different than mine as well.
    It was totally ironical and over exaggerating post. Blizzard change it a bit (by giving mana instead of taking it) and make it a very good spell.

To come back to the subject.
    Is NT going to be nerfed ? Yes, there's a good change that there's some change.
    How quickly ? Nothing before 5.3 if not 5.4/6.x.
    Why ?
    If they change NT alone, they risk to break the equilibrate between all 3 bombs. But they will do it because :
    • NT is only here to help in multi-dot fight as mage isn't a "dot class".
    • LB is now under used.

What can we see ?
    They can nerf bomb damage by lot and buff other spells, to reduce bomb's impact in DPS.
    They can change some mechanics to make mage bomb a better "free choice" by changing Brain freeze and/or adding something for Arcane.
    They can completely change this in 6.0 for something new.

It's not new but I think that Mage bomb would have did a better L90 than the one we have actually.

I really don't see much of an issue with NT, but can see where they are coming from.

I did 25M primordius earlier as frost and 52.3% of my damage was NT. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12933&e=13398. If I had been arcane, I could probably have done about 250K DPS by literally doing nothing but casting NT.

I no longer glyph Icy Veins because it's pointless. I'd rather put up more NTs during IV with the extra haste, on top of the RPPM trinkets favoring ditching the IV glyph, which has always been a terrible glyph to begin with since it's a "patch" for PVE frost having an idiotically low haste softcap under IV.

Killing heroic Ji-Kun earlier, NT was about 18% of my damage without the IV glyph. Quite reasonable.

They will likely make NT have a 3 target cap like LB does. Problem solved. This will not affect mage viability on the majority of fights, and will just force us to hardcast a bit more on the few where multidotting was viable, such as primordius or council. It won't even be that much of a DPS loss if any, since at juggling NTs across 4 targets you were barely gaining anything over dropping to 3 targets and hardcasting a bit more.
    Last edited by Libretto; 2013-04-02 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    I really don't see much of an issue with NT, but can see where they are coming from.

I did 25M primordius earlier as frost and 52.3% of my damage was NT. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12933&e=13398. If I had been arcane, I could probably have done about 250K DPS by literally doing nothing but casting NT.

I no longer glyph Icy Veins because it's pointless. I'd rather put up more NTs during IV with the extra haste, on top of the RPPM trinkets favoring ditching the IV glyph, which has always been a terrible glyph to begin with since it's a "patch" for PVE frost having an idiotically low haste softcap under IV.

Killing heroic Ji-Kun earlier, NT was about 18% of my damage without the IV glyph. Quite reasonable.

They will likely make NT have a 3 target cap like LB does. Problem solved. This will not affect mage viability on the majority of fights, and will just force us to hardcast a bit more on the few where multidotting was viable, such as primordius or council. It won't even be that much of a DPS loss if any, since at juggling NTs across 4 targets you were barely gaining anything over dropping to 3 targets and hardcasting a bit more.
    I'm thinking of doing this for primordius this week, just going invo arc and not casting at all, just dot everything

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a problem of Living Bomb being too weak -and- Nether Tempest being too strong.

Perhaps a fix would be to cap Nether Tempest at one target but buff its secondary damage to give similar damage without multidotting. Living Bomb's problem is that it doesn't scale as well with haste; why not just make the damage of the final explosion scale with haste, similar to how Chaos Bolt's damage scales with crit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I have an idea, how about... NO BOMBS! Or make them a byproduct dot of each nuke. Tired of dotting... if I wanted to manage dots, I'd have played a bloody warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    I have an idea, how about... NO BOMBS! Or make them a byproduct dot of each nuke. Tired of dotting... if I wanted to manage dots, I'd have played a bloody warlock.
    That's a nice idea. Really the only reason to have DoTs as any spec besides Fire is to make the "on DoT" trinkets work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    I completely agree, I would prefer if they shifted all bomb damage to the other spells in the rotation. I specifically rolled mage to avoid dotting everything up. Don't like that it's part of the toolkit. At the very least, give us an option for one of the mage specs to exclude maintaining a dot.

Hopefully they nerf NT and put that damage back in our main spells -- highly doubt they will remove NT/other dots altogether (although that's my preference).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    Looking at the title, it states specific intent about Nether Tempest. Also, you're supposed to read the OP before posting, and the OP clearly talks about Nether Tempest. Lastly, you are in the Mage forums...if you want to hear the endless moaning of other classes, feel free to browse their forums. I do, it's quite fun seeing how much other people complain.
    The title was changed. Last I saw, it was exactly as I stated in my post: "mages are going to get nerfed again".

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    The title was changed. Last I saw, it was exactly as I stated in my post: "mages are going to get nerfed again".
    Yes, but the quote was only abt multidotting, and it only stated that they were keeping an eye on NT. Hence every reply gravitating towards NT and its scaling.