Poll: Which one to purchase?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Need help picking a new watch!

So, being a massive WoW player and reading a lot of the forums here, I have learned that a fair bit of you guys are actually helpful! I am looking to you guys to help me make my first large purchase of the year.

Title says it all ladies and gents. They both cost the same, but they're different in colour.

First watch: http://images.burnsjewellersgroup.co...9-91185000.jpg

Second watch: http://www.watchsharks.com/image/cac...-1500x1500.jpg

The silver one has me leaning towards her, but the gold one would be something new.

I'll try to make a poll, but no guarantee because I hardly know how to even post here D;

Gold is gaudy. Silver is classy.

Question is, why do you need a watch in 2013 ?

go with the silver defo - hey both look good but to me, the silver says "its a good watch, but not to over the top" - silver is, imo, the way to go

@nemo - why do u still need a watch - coz its a peice of jewelry anyone can wear and not feel its out of place - its fills the gap u have on your arm if u dont wear a bracelet etc plus a watch like the 1 he wants says more than the old digtal watches you get - i wear the digital watches, but only when im going the local or going to watch a footy game - any other time i have a proper watch

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    They look nice with suits and business casual wear.

10+ Year Old Account
    The plain stainless gets my vote too (not a fan of the two-tone). Great watch though; sapphire crystal, radio-controlled, Eco... hard to go wrong.

Thank you everyone! Watches do mean a lot to me and I've loved the style since I can remember. I've even made the habit of looking at my wrist every 10 minutes... which is, to my surprise, really hard to break

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Some people actually like timepieces. Shocking, I know.

*drool*

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhailol View Post
    Thank you everyone! Watches do mean a lot to me and I've loved the style since I can remember. I've even made the habit of looking at my wrist every 10 minutes... which is, to my surprise, really hard to break
    Enjoy your new purchase!

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Looking at either, I would go with the silver.

I however am partial to nice leather bands (black) with silver faces or all black. Gunmetal is close enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    Some people actually like timepieces. Shocking, I know.
    I find it an odd thing, but to each their own. If I'm going to spend what I did on my bike (and on the triathlon bikes I'm looking at) and good beer, who am I to judge? I think some folks have a hard time with the concept that others enjoy things that they find silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely the straight silver. Gold makes it look kind of tacky, and silver goes with more clothes.

Deleted
    If it was me, Id get an IPhone 5 instead:P Probably cheaper too and has more uses. But yea, if you're going with the retro style, silver would fit better and goes better with darker colors.

I like the silver and gold. I'm a sucker for gold colors, even if it isn't real. :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I find it an odd thing, but to each their own.
    For old farts like me, it's an odd feeling to not have one on my wrist. Although I can totally understand how that might seem completely foreign to someone half my age or less.

I think some folks have a hard time with the concept that others enjoy things that they find silly.
    Indeed. It seems surprisingly common, too.

Gold is gaudy. Silver is classy.
    Pretty much this. If I see some guy wearing anything with gold on I immediately see him as a trashy, scummy person, regardless if they really are. I feel that gold jewelry on a male is much too excessive, silver is the way to go mate! (Just my opinion though.)
    "Three Apples changed the World, 1st one seduced Eve, 2nd fell on Newton, and the 3rd was offered to the World half bitten by Steve Jobs."

Quote Originally Posted by Championn View Post
    P If I see some guy wearing anything with gold on I immediately see him as a trashy, scummy person, regardless if they really are.
    Even a wedding ring?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedra View Post
    Even a wedding ring?
    That's what marriage is.

The goldish one can work too with black attire.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Citizen is a great brand I would go with the silver its easier to match, the gold is just tacky, I myself have wear a Citizen Skyhawk best watch Ive ever owned.

1 is better, but both are pretty meh-tastic.

edit -> try something like this http://www.jomashop.com/movado-museu...h-0606502.html
    Last edited by obdigore; 2013-04-01 at 09:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gold is not ugly or tacky, it's just the society that made you think that
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.