Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i don't even like star wars that much as an IP. too much fantasy, not enough science. I like for example how mass effect create some kind of imaginary science about a zero element you applied current to create a mass effect field. It's fake but fun. I love when science fiction mix believable element of science to their universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    At the end of the day this game is exactly the type of game I need when I have nothing else to play. Species was the only problem I had but now that I've heard you can buy it from the GTN it's all good to go.

I love that kind of game. The kind of game that gives you something fun to do when everything else either seems to suck or seems to be burnt out. The kind of game that sits around until literally everything else in your entertainment bag is used, enjoyed, and in all other ways depleted.

Sounds pretty niche to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Garantine85 View Post
    I love that kind of game. The kind of game that gives you something fun to do when everything else either seems to suck or seems to be burnt out. The kind of game that sits around until literally everything else in your entertainment bag is used, enjoyed, and in all other ways depleted.

Sounds pretty niche to me.
    I'd agree for the most part. I'm not really burnt out atm, but I did log in to SWTOR yesterday for the first time in, say, 6 or 7 months. Realized I could have more than two characters activated on a server (hooray) and I can level my consular sage for free. Went back in at level 19 and PVP'd a bit. Still as fun as I remember. If only I could send credits to myself, but that alone won't make me sub again. And if they could have real server transfers that would be great, too. Then I wouldn't have my favourite toon stuck on the Aussie servers waiting for them to let us transfer to the West Coast ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think any f2p can buy these.(went through each page too)
    Last edited by Xolgrunek; 2013-04-20 at 12:54 AM. Reason: adding in link to bigger image

Quote Originally Posted by Elfmagi View Post
    Nope F2p cap is 250k.

And that is why f2p sucks. If they removed the cash cap for f2p it would be 100% better and hell I mite even play then.

If everything on the cash shop "even the xpac" could be on the GTN I would play it because I don't mind grinding ingame currency to get all the goodies.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Um... Yeah... page 25/26?
    Prices go from lowest to highest / low page to high page.

Show us page 1.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    page 1 didn't have that stuff.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Um... Yeah... page 25/26?
    Prices go from lowest to highest / low page to high page.

Show us page 1.

page 1 didn't have that stuff.
    Then search for specific unlocks next time rather than misrepresenting the entire market by showing the most expensive unlocks located 25 pages into the GTN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then search for specific unlocks next time rather than misrepresenting the entire market by showing the most expensive unlocks located 25 pages into the GTN.
    More like searching for unlocks until I found the Section X and Artifact Unlocks.

More like searching for unlocks until I found the Section X and Artifact Unlocks.
    There's a search function for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a search function for that.
    Oh well, say what you want I was just proving how my server's economy is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Type in specifically what you're looking for and sort from Lowest to Highest. I guarantee you will find cheap things. In this game, undercutting is horrid. I see 40-50k undercuts on items that sell for 90k.

Oh well, say what you want I was just proving how my server's economy is.
    More like misrepresenting. But cool story anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    More like misrepresenting. But cool story anyways.
    Alright, because I did a general search of Cartel Market Unlocks and went through pages until I found the Artifact/Section X then stopped is misrepresenting. Wasn't until a month ago that preferred players could buy species unlocks on my server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    A lot of people aren't understanding that the F2P model now is not the same as the one that went live. Before posting such, please go and check out http://www.swtor.com/free/features.
    i looked through their f2p cons. they are huge. pay to equip end game gear you receive, no in game support if you get stuck, have to pay IRL cash to get more than 5 revives per character, 5 battleground plays per week or pay to unlock it, only 2 action bars to use, cannot use items from event rewards.

to be honest free to play is no more than a trial, sure theres no time limit, but it's like being jailed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now now, no need to start getting riled up. It was a bit misrepresented because the search wasn't nearly specific enough, however you will find some items that are priced well above the range for F2P players.

to be honest free to play is no more than a trial
    Thats what its supposed to be, though. Its not supposed to be a full game. It gives the person options to enjoy specific parts of the game without having to subscribe to all of it. Now, is it the greatest option? Probably not. Its still an option in the end though. You can either choose to pay for something or not.

370k for Account-wide Artifact Unlock is pretty damn cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    370k for Account-wide Artifact Unlock is pretty damn cheap.
    Ha.

True. That's insanely inexpensive.

27 dollars worth of cartel coins for a handful of dailies?

Downloaded the game to give it a try again, but apparently the f2p restrictions are so disgusting that I can't even get past the char creation screen.
    I can't even choose my race without paying money, seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Downloaded the game to give it a try again, but apparently the f2p restrictions are so disgusting that I can't even get past the char creation screen.
    I can't even choose my race without paying money, seriously?
    If the cartel market didn't exist, those races would be unavailable for selection until you had leveled one to 50 as a different class/faction.

I know the F2P restrictions can look bad, but for leveling from 1-50 they are fine, it's only end game which is restricted.