Landing on you feet

I have always climbed trees and jumping off things. But i have always had trouble with landing. I have tried landing flat foot or on the balls of my feet, and always had like a slight pain. Like the bones on my foot are pressing against eachother. It doesnt last long but enough to slow me down. So how else can i land on my feet without pain other than rolling? (btw i get this pain jumping from like 5 feet, and i am 6'6)

You're supposed to land on your toes and cushion your blow with your ankle/toes, just watch animals landing in slow motion like Cats or various fast two legged animals running

Deleted
    If you are landing on the balls of you feet your are just doing it wrong. For short heights you want to land on you toes and "roll" to the back of the foot. From fairly high you want to land nearly flat, toes first again and let your body drop so your legs can somewhat spring most of the shock. from very high the same and roll or use your arms on the floor to cushion more shock.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bend at the knee's!

Maybe you should go check your feet, could be anything. Maybe you just need better shoes. My father had a lot of pain in his calves that went away with better shoes and those thingies you have in your shoes that I don't know the english name for. The way he put his feet down caused strain on muscles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Learn to do a roll, so that the kinetic energy will be dispersed through the entire body rather than just the foot.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgefar View Post
    Learn to do a roll, so that the kinetic energy will be dispersed through the entire body rather than just the foot.
    This is true, And never land on your heels, that's going to mess you up, land on the toes, or roll it out, You would be suprised at the height you can safely fall from if you roll it, Obviously some forward momentum is better when going higher

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    If you are landing on the balls of you feet your are just doing it wrong. For short heights you want to land on you toes and "roll" to the back of the foot. From fairly high you want to land nearly flat, toes first again and let your body drop so your legs can somewhat spring most of the shock. from very high the same and roll or use your arms on the floor to cushion more shock.
    The balls of the feet are essentially the toes. >.>