I really hate to do this, but which add on is better.

So, I'm trying to get proficient with Enhancement. I've read up on the rotation and to better myself with the rotations I've been looking at Bitten's spell flash or EnhaPrio. Now I'm not using these solely as my rotation, but I'm using them to get accustomed to the rotation. My thing is upon testing out both they seem to be giving me mixed results. Enha follows the rotation on a strict basis where as bitten's seems to be more flexible. According to target dummy both are about the same on DPS. Can anyone recommend which I should go for, or just get some tracker? Nugcombo was recommended to me. Thanks.

Deleted
    ShockandAwe is a good addon if you want some help with the spell priority. It's kinda like CLC Ret but for enhancement shammy's.

Deleted
    i always used shockandawe, started with everything on it and gradually got rid of stuff as i became more comfortable with the spec until i only had it to alert me of my maelstrom stacks

Deleted
    wait, does shockandawe still exist?

Deleted
    Didn't it get discontinued before Mists?

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Didn't it get discontinued before Mists?
    Shockandawe still exists and still works. I used it for a long time and as the previous poster said after you become aware of your priority rotation you will no longer need it. I use weak aura's now for maelstrom stacks and warnings I might need to know but no longer need shockandawe it was a great training utility though.

I use NCB after the last maelstom tracker I used broke (can't even remember the name anymore). Works well for me, shockandawe and the like are way too slow to react. NCB's delay is bearable at least. As mentioned once you're used to the rotation (I just spent a few hours on a dummy when I started) shockandawe and similar will slow you down and lower your damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I'm trying out shock and awe right now, following the priority it gives you does said priority give you competitive DPS. lets say enough to be useful in raid or is it just something to help you learn beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by Oryxx View Post
    I'm trying out shock and awe right now, following the priority it gives you does said priority give you competitive DPS. lets say enough to be useful in raid or is it just something to help you learn beforehand?
    depends on what level you're raiding at. It'll be fine in normal modes, lets say. If you are doing heroic raiding I'd strongly advise you practicing a bit out of the raid so you aren't looking at shockandawe 50% of the time
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oryxx View Post
    Last time I checked the priority it comes loaded with probably wont be 100% for your talent choice. But I havent used it since early Cataclysm and havent had a good look at it since the start of MoP.

Best thing to do will be to either check the Enhance sticky here for a priority list or Elitist Jerks or Totemspot and manually configure the priority based on your talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    depends on what level you're raiding at. It'll be fine in normal modes, lets say. If you are doing heroic raiding I'd strongly advise you practicing a bit out of the raid so you aren't looking at shockandawe 50% of the time
    Pretty much this. A big part of being good at Enhance is being able to tell whats coming off cooldown. ShockandAwe will tell you to use Earth Shock even if Stormstrike will be useable in less than a GCD. While it doesnt sound important, delaying SS over ES is big and not using SS enough will likely be a source of being down on DPS.

Great tool to learn off, dont tunnel it.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2013-04-01 at 08:22 PM.

Deleted
    The one thing that helped me with my rotation when I played it in the previous patch, without having to rely on a crutch that tells you what to use next, is setting up tiny spell cooldown icons right under my toon. Nothing too obtrusive that you wouldn't spot mechanics, but things you can notice in your peripheral vision, or by quickly glancing at them.

Especially Weakauras can help you with this, though I prefer TellMeWhen. Set up different animations and dynamic groups, and you're good to go. Practice the visuals or sound cues (if that works better for you), and you'll be playing with your eyes closed in no time.