Balance PvP help

Going to reroll my Feral PvP to Boomkin so I can actually get into some RBGs and I'm wondering if anyone can give me a little bit of a mini guide on where to start, what talents I need, how to burst damage, stats/gems etc. Not asking for a full breakdown of everything but just something to get me started would help lots.

Deleted
    Reroll to resto if you want a better chance to get into RBGs, boomkins wont get it so easly in 5.3.

Quote Originally Posted by fezix View Post
    Reroll to resto if you want a better chance to get into RBGs, boomkins wont get it so easly in 5.3.
    Wait what? Why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warex00 View Post
    Wait what? Why not?
    Solarbeam glyph is being changed. Currently it icnreases the radius of your Solarbeam by 100%. In 5.3 that will change into utility abilities giving 10 lunar/solar power.

As if boomkins weren't getting into eclipses fast enough. The 2 pc pvp set bonus or whatever the bonus is which grants lunar/solar power when hit is so incredibly useless it's unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Solarbeam glyph is being changed. Currently it icnreases the radius of your Solarbeam by 100%. In 5.3 that will change into utility abilities giving 10 lunar/solar power.

As if boomkins weren't getting into eclipses fast enough. The 2 pc pvp set bonus or whatever the bonus is which grants lunar/solar power when hit is so incredibly useless it's unbelievable.
    I don't think the Solar Beam change is going to do much, sure it won't be as OP as it currently is but boomkins aren't dominating damage meters in rbgs because of solar beam and they still have a lot more utility/cc elsewhere.

Anyway can we not turn this thread into a boomkin 5.3 discussion and get back to the original question please
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-04-01 at 07:26 PM.

From what I've seen, it's basically a matter of DoTing everything in sight, Cycloning CC targets, and popping CDs when a burst target is called. Prioritize SS procs, keep yourself Eclipsed, and you should be golden. Obviously there's more to it than that, but I think all of those things are things you either need to play to get a feel for, or are just general Druid things that you'll already know.

Ugh.

Rolled feral in Cataclysm? Unhappy with the changes? Better change the spec to new druid FoTM.

Come on mate, stick with feral and just work at it harder. Even if it isn't what used to be (rarely see Ferals and don't play one) you need to make the steps yourself to beat other people; you can't just wait about for your class to do it for you.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 01:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I don't think the Solar Beam change is going to do much, sure it won't be as OP as it currently is but boomkins aren't dominating damage meters in rbgs because of solar beam and they still have a lot more utility/cc elsewhere.

Anyway can we not turn this thread into a boomkin 5.3 discussion and get back to the original question please
    Most people take Druids for Solar Beam->Ursol's Vortex on Healers, their damage might be really good but at the same time the nerf to Solar Beam will make them significantly less desireable.

slime

10+ Year Old Account

Solar Beam isnt even close to being OP. But, the combination with massgrip and vortex is OP. So, the Solar Beam change is just pathetic. It's the only real interrupt/silence we had, now we dont have shit. Solar Beam > Take one step to the side to get out of it.

Going to reroll my Feral PvP to Boomkin so I can actually get into some RBGs and I'm wondering if anyone can give me a little bit of a mini guide on where to start, what talents I need, how to burst damage, stats/gems etc. Not asking for a full breakdown of everything but just something to get me started would help lots.
    Only mandatory talents are Incarnation, Nature's Swiftness, and Ursol's Vortex imo.
    Playing RBGs as boomkin is just go crazy with DoTs and SS procs and of course coordinate ursol+beam combos.
    In arenas keep DoTs on everything and move through eclipses with SS and try to keep rejuv up on whoever gets focused, you will rarely hardcast anything except cyclone when you are going for a kill or the other team having CDs up etc.
    I would say go for crit when you reforge, and gem resi for arenas. You could go for haste breakpoint (5273) to get another tick on your dots but crit is probably better due to more SS procs and better burst.
    Go all out with reforge/gem crit like Thégodofdmg does in RBGs seems to work as well

Quote Originally Posted by fezix View Post
    The damage a boomkin can put out will still be ridiculous.