Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    on my server there was pugs

Vanilla - zg/aq20
    Tbc - everything ecept sunwell
    worlk everything
    cata t11+ firelands, + a very frew to ds
    mop - none not a singel pug- only for world bosses now

i blame the raidfinder but i guess the main reason was a super bad expantion ( cata ) and blizzard killing my server by transfering all iltalians off it, doing firelands we had 11k active players on the server now we have 2.5 according to wowprogress.

On any given night at normal raid times, there tend to be at least a few shouts for subs for guild normal raids. Definitely no full-pug normal raids of current content though. The stuff is tuned too high to bother with that IMHO.

Pugged 3/12 Tot this week on us~ blackrock

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Pugged 3/12 Tot this week on us~ blackrock
    Ehh ... well let me revise my statement. There are PUG groups, and there are "pug groups". AKA -- the people are pulled together randomly, but all still come from reputable raiding guilds on alts or offnights, etc. Especially for Blackrock, being such a highly populated and popular raiding server, I would imagine the chances of making a successful "pug group" there are a lot higher than most others.

Deleted
    Seeing pugs daily on both server and OpenRaid.
    It does somewhat depend on the amount of people on your server though.

I'm on Blackrock, and I haven't pugged since WOTLK. Seemingly, the requirements to be allowed to do anything outside of LFR have gotten insanely more stringent if you're not in a raiding guild. (It was like this during Cata, too, but not near as bad as it is now.) Can't do things unless you've done things, thus you'll never get to do things. Circle of life.

on EU-Ysondre (one of the most populated French realm), there are quite a lot of pugs, and a lot of "temporary guilds" with a average life span of ~2months, that are often looking for a few player to fill their raid (even if it's just for the night). I think quite a lot of decent pugs are currently 2-5/12 in tot, although I managed to get 11/12 boss down over 3 days with my reroll on a group were 8/10 players didn't know any boss past megaera, and no one knew each other for more than 3 weeks, and half of the roster actually changed between the first and third day. I guess that's a pretty exceptional performance for a pug on my server currently, but it still prove it's possible.

Hardest part to find a decent pug on my server is mostly to keep ahead of the curve, and reset are extremely rare (beginning of a new extension, and sometime new patch). I managed to pug all t14 normal + hm Ta'yak on a reroll (never tried hm mogushan with it) raiding with pugs once or twice a week (I'd often stay with the same group 2-3 weeks, and then change), but some other members of my guild tried doing the same and uterly failed, because they started 3 month later, and no decent group would want them, and group that took them kept chain wiping on bosses (aka the "no xp/gear > no good group > can't kill boss > no xp/gear" paradox)

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Ehh ... well let me revise my statement. There are PUG groups, and there are "pug groups". AKA -- the people are pulled together randomly, but all still come from reputable raiding guilds on alts or offnights, etc. Especially for Blackrock, being such a highly populated and popular raiding server, I would imagine the chances of making a successful "pug group" there are a lot higher than most others.
    That is still a pug... Yeah a server with a high pop and strong raiding presence is going to have a better pool of players to hand pick from when forming pugs. It isn't like you can't use the same standards on a lower pop server; you just will have a much harder time finding players that meet your requirements.

They really need to merge the low pop servers already... being on one sucks.

YES there is some pug on zul'jin, mostly for t14 raid(MSV mainly in the top) i tried several pug on my server to figured that pretty any pug is killing only the first boss(sometime painfuly) to not be able to pass horridion after this, so i would say pugging is not a option for tot atm*

even when i was explaining all the fight

im 12/12 raiding 2 time each week, i would say that ToT is not too bad, with a guild grp

10+ Year Old Account
    Our server - Frostwhisper EU has several PUGS to older raids, T14, T15. We are Horde side though, which is in majority. So I can't say that there aren't any around.

And as several people have mentioned Open Raid is a nice place to do older tiers.

I used Open Raid when I was on another server - Auchindoun (EU) Horde side, which was dead, to get some older tier runs.

Just be careful when you consider a new server.. a server like EU-Outland which used to be full of life, pugs and top raiding guilds back in Wrath is now extremely dead PvE-wise, yet there is still 500-1000+ person queues during prime time...
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    The problem with Openraid is that it's based off player selection - if you've got a choice between taking an ilvl 496 raider of an alt (with the achievements) or some unknown quantity, who are you going to pick? Therefore it doesn't really help the people the OP mentioned - those "too busy" (because, tbh, most of you aren't) to raid normally. What you'll end up with is being on t14 normals but, oh wait, you need the FoS for that to even get a sniff of a pug on my realm (EU-Twisting Nether)