Poll: Who would you prefer as the next Villain?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Kil'Jaedan... or Y'shaarj/N'zoth?

So looking over all the content that's poured out about 5.3, thinking about some funny bugs that never were fixed, and double-checking the whole Wrathion storyline, I've come to what may be seen as a radical idea around here.

What if the legion isn't what Wrathion was talking about at all? I mean why would the legion actually destroy Azeroth? Their MO is to subjegate planets.

What if Blizzard had been seeding the return of a full-strength Old God, either Y'shaarj or N'Zoth, instead of the return of the Legion?

So feel free to discuss that, there's also a poll on if you'd rather see Kil'jaedan, Y'shaarj, or N'Zoth as the next major villain.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm still counting on it being the Legion. However, I'm expecting Sargeras and not Kil'jaeden being an endboss for the second time.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    So looking over all the content that's poured out about 5.3, thinking about some funny bugs that never were fixed, and double-checking the whole Wrathion storyline, I've come to what may be seen as a radical idea around here.

What if the legion isn't what Wrathion was talking about at all? I mean why would the legion actually destroy Azeroth? Their MO is to subjegate planets.

What if Blizzard had been seeding the return of a full-strength Old God, either Y'shaarj or N'Zoth, instead of the return of the Legion?

So feel free to discuss that, there's also a poll on if you'd rather see Kil'jaedan, Y'shaarj, or N'Zoth as the next major villain.
    Didn't Wrathy already explicitly say the Legion is coming in some of the datamined speeches?

I bet most folks are still sore about Old-God related enemies thanks to Cata, but I don't mind it. Legion's a typical organized evil, but Old Gods are more joker-like.

wrathion outright tells you that he was speaking about the legion in the new voicefiles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5hOlayOll4
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

First we kill n'zoth mid 6.0 and end of 6.0 we kill KJ.. then go on to slowly defeat each titan construct as they deem us to powerful for our own good. 7.0

10+ Year Old Account
    N'zoth or Queen Aszhara

Y'shaarj is dead, killed by the titans, confirmed by blizzard lore people to be truely dead.

Seems to me beating a corpse would be a rather boring fight.

Deleted
    the burning legion doesnt want to subjegate the mortal races. They want to kill all of them.
    and yeah the next expansion will be about the burning legion, as stated in the datamined wrathion 5.3 speech.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2013-04-01 at 05:10 PM.

I'd like to see a south seas/under the Maelstrom expansion, featuring Azshara, ruins of Zandalar, Undermine, Ku'tiras, tomb of Sargeras, risen islands as part of a naga invasion, and N'zoth as end boss, but that's just me.

Deleted
    The legion are my new favourite antagonists now the scourge is no more. The Old Gods bore me to tears and I while I was borderline obsessive about them when they were mysterious and not the reason for everything evil like the good old days of C'thun they really don't grab me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    The legion are my new favourite antagonists now the scourge is no more. The Old Gods bore me to tears and I while I was borderline obsessive about them when they were mysterious and not the reason for everything evil like the good old days of C'thun they really don't grab me.
    There was a post while back where the OP traced the roots of all bad guys... and most are either caused by Legion or the Old Gods with Titans coming in a distant third (not merging Sargeras into Titans of course)...

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post

I think the same of the Burning Legion as you think of Old Gods. Woo-hoo. Their leader is an allmighty titanic warrior, even stronger due to corruption. Yaay. Woopteedoo. He can slice our planet in half if he wants, but he doesn't because ????

Rather have the schemer type of boss, to be honest -- than the typical "omg we can never kill him but we actually can because he underestimates us enough to be killed.".

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    I think the same of the Burning Legion as you think of Old Gods. Woo-hoo. Their leader is an allmighty titanic warrior, even stronger due to corruption. Yaay. Woopteedoo. He can slice our planet in half if he wants, but he doesn't because ????

Rather have the schemer type of boss, to be honest -- than the typical "omg we can never kill him but we actually can because he underestimates us enough to be killed.".
    ...Isn't KJ the last assumed leader of the Legion anyway (since Sargy is MIA)? Dude's the schemer of schemers

10+ Year Old Account
    The Legion and Kil'Jaeden at full power.

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    ...Isn't KJ the last assumed leader of the Legion anyway (since Sargy is MIA)? Dude's the schemer of schemers

True, KJ is quite the schemer -- but we saw very little of that at Sunwell. That said, Sargeras is just in limbo, doing whatever a Fallen Titan Hero would do in his free time while floating around in limbo.

.. Watch soaps, probably.
    Last edited by Yogg-Saron, God of Death; 2013-04-01 at 06:50 PM.

Deleted

Sargeras doesnt slice Azeroth in half because he doesnt know where it is, and each time he attempted to summon himself to azeroth the portal collapsed (War of the Ancients)

Legion please! Outland was so interesting, let's step away from Azeroth for a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Legion please! Outland was so interesting, let's step away from Azeroth for a bit.
    True. I've had enough of land appearing out of nowhere on Azeroth, for now at least. It's time to go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Sargeras doesnt slice Azeroth in half because he doesnt know where it is, and each time he attempted to summon himself to azeroth the portal collapsed (War of the Ancients)
    Yeah, no. It still makes for that "he can totally destroy everything DBZ-style but doesn't because he's just that strong that he can underestimate us and make that his downfall" type of feeling, which is as dull to me as it gets.

Don't get me wrong. I like the Burning Legion, Kil'Jaeden even, but Sargeras being this omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient satanic deity ( I know he's not, but you know what I mean) just lulls me to sleep.

I really don't dig the Burning Legion either, they're just a bunch of incredibly generic bad guys, could have been anything but demons too. Every legion commander is the same, no personality, just "This world must burn" and other arrogant comments. Their lore is nothing more than "They were enslaved by fire Malfurion, now they like to destroy stuff". Their only redeeming factor is that they look cool, but besides that they aren't very interesting.