Poll: Who would you prefer as the next Villain?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    I think the same of the Burning Legion as you think of Old Gods. Woo-hoo. Their leader is an allmighty titanic warrior, even stronger due to corruption. Yaay. Woopteedoo. He can slice our planet in half if he wants, but he doesn't because ????

Rather have the schemer type of boss, to be honest -- than the typical "omg we can never kill him but we actually can because he underestimates us enough to be killed.".
    If it bleeds we can kill it anyone? :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather have N'Zoth. Blizzard seems to be building him up to be the most powerful of the Old Gods, really like to see more of his schemes unfold.

So wait some Wrathion voice files saying the legion will come means that the next expansion has the legion invading next expansion? Yeaaa no Azshara is still roaming around the sea

To clarify I mean yes the legion will come, when who knows but when the legion comes its not just 1 it's all and it'd be better to introduce the legion when all loose ties (Azshara,N'zoth Etc.) get tied up
    Last edited by Lunarock; 2013-04-01 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Rather have N'Zoth. Blizzard seems to be building him up to be the most powerful of the Old Gods, really like to see more of his schemes unfold.
    Y'know, I didn't think about that, but the fact that we haven't actually fought him before they introduced another one definitely lends itself to the idea that he's a super entity...or something. I'm excited to see what they finally do with him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunarock View Post
    So wait some Wrathion voice files saying the legion will come means that the next expansion has the legion invading next expansion? Yeaaa no Azshara is still roaming around the sea
    And she's one, if not the only one, powerful enough, evil enough and currently on Azeroth to open up a portal for the Legion, if you catch my drift.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of the above + Sar G!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
    Y'shaarj is dead, killed by the titans, confirmed by blizzard lore people to be truely dead.

Seems to me beating a corpse would be a rather boring fight.
    WotLK was fun.

Besides, the Old Gods are based on Lovecraft's Cthulu Mythos and therefore we can assume that for them death isn't the same hassle it is for us. "That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die." and all that.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Y'know, I didn't think about that, but the fact that we haven't actually fought him before they introduced another one definitely lends itself to the idea that he's a super entity...or something. I'm excited to see what they finally do with him.

If he's really that powerful, I hope we really can't defeat him without some major, elite help. Seriously.

Something like needing Varian, Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas (if she's still "alive" by then) and other leaders/major characters just to defeat them, or better yet imprison them all over again. I just always hated it that mortals could defeat Old Gods. I guess it's a bit better with Yogg Saron, seeing that there are the four titanic watchers to help you, but I think that we shouldn't be able to defeat them.

Rather, I think an Old God fight should be us weakening them enough and buying enough time to imprison them all over again.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno I find the Burning Legion the most interesting as Old Gods. We had a lot of Old God stuff so I think we need to avoid that for awhile. Maybe I'm just tired this morning. I like both sides, don't get me wrong but remember you may not like the Burning Legion but we haven't seen them in a super serious *no playtime* anymore.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I want Azshara/N'zoth next.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    I think the same of the Burning Legion as you think of Old Gods. Woo-hoo. Their leader is an allmighty titanic warrior, even stronger due to corruption. Yaay. Woopteedoo. He can slice our planet in half if he wants, but he doesn't because ????

Rather have the schemer type of boss, to be honest -- than the typical "omg we can never kill him but we actually can because he underestimates us enough to be killed.".
    I'm sure it's mainly because the legion have had next to no development for the last three expansions whilst the old gods have had a large portion of the limelight and to be honest handled quite poorly in Cataclysm among with numerous other casualties of the expansion. I preferred when the old gods were just pulling little strings and the further you dived into their secrets you see their true depravity and overwhelming power, but you had to go looking C'thun was genuinely terrifying because we knew so little. The whole we did this, we planned this before your ancestors mum was born, we turned that guy crazy, aswell as that guy and that guy, oh and we created this to make you crazy, oh look we did that as well. Yeah it sucks.

As for Sargeras not cleaving the planet in two it's because he isn't in the mortal plane, he's somewhere between existing and not and the fact we have not even communed with him let alone face him makes him more scary. These kind of guys need to brought in slowly not burst onto the scene out of nowhere, each to their own though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I want Azshara/N'zoth next.
    Azshara could tie directly in to the Legion since she's really the only person/thing on Azeroth atm strong enough to open portals to the Legion homeworld.

It makes sense since we know from the Wrathion dialogue that the Legion is coming that she would stand with them again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    So looking over all the content that's poured out about 5.3, thinking about some funny bugs that never were fixed, and double-checking the whole Wrathion storyline, I've come to what may be seen as a radical idea around here.

What if the legion isn't what Wrathion was talking about at all? I mean why would the legion actually destroy Azeroth? Their MO is to subjegate planets.

What if Blizzard had been seeding the return of a full-strength Old God, either Y'shaarj or N'Zoth, instead of the return of the Legion?

So feel free to discuss that, there's also a poll on if you'd rather see Kil'jaedan, Y'shaarj, or N'Zoth as the next major villain.
    yeah.... this whole thread could easily be answered by the fact the latest datamined wrathion dialogue has him specifically say the burning legion is comming.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Azshara could tie directly in to the Legion since she's really the only person/thing on Azeroth atm strong enough to open portals to the Legion homeworld.

It makes sense since we know from the Wrathion dialogue that the Legion is coming that she would stand with them again.
    Sure she can tie into it, but she deserves her own expansion as the expansion main boss.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Kil'Jaeden.

He is my server's namesake after all and the last time we fought him he was just a pushover in comparison to the previous boss and got unceremoniously flushed back down the portal.

Sure she can tie into it, but she deserves her own expansion as the expansion main boss.
    So did the Emerald Nightmare but it will likely be wrapped up in a Rift of Aln raid at some point in the future since the bulk of what could have made it an expansion was taken care of through other lore means.

Azshara deserves her own expansion, but what content could be realistically given solely to her? A South Seas expansion sounds awesome at first but when you start looking at what's left in that region, we would have to get an expansion that's half Vashj'ir style zones, which were a love/hate with the playerbase (combat using a Z axis didn't go over well both times they've tried it) and otherwise we're left with Zandalar, Kul'tiras, and the Undermine to make an expansion with.

edit: Azshara and her sunken city could tie in nicely with a Burning Legion invasion and still be made a focal point of the expansion similar to Ragnaros and the Firelands which were handled very well by the design team.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-04-01 at 08:32 PM.

I think Wrathion is pulling a masterful ruse and sending us against the legion so that when the titans come and reoriginate everything all the heroes and leaders are off world and can go do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarock View Post

To clarify I mean yes the legion will come, when who knows but when the legion comes its not just 1 it's all and it'd be better to introduce the legion when all loose ties (Azshara,N'zoth Etc.) get tied up
    It's not "Some voice files" it's an entire scene in game as part of the legendary quest, and Wrathion's entire motivations this expansion are gathering what is needed to prevent it. They aren't going to have this long Wrathion storyline and then just shelf it after MoP for the future.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    I think Wrathion is pulling a masterful ruse
    It's pretty obvious he is. Hell, there's a reason the book that sits right next to him is The Saurok and the Jinyu (Obviously based off the Scorpion and the Frog).

A story all about someone who comes from a naturally perceived violent race, who convinces the naive person that they're "totally not like the rest of their kind" and are quite nice, then has them help them out to their own ends, only to backstab them at the last moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind it as long as they can pull it off.

It's pretty obvious he is. Hell, there's a reason the book that sits right next to him is The Saurok and the Jinyu (Obviously based off the Scorpion and the Frog).

A story all about someone who comes from a naturally perceived violent race, who convinces the naive person that they're "totally not like the rest of their kind" and are quite nice, then has them help them out to their own ends, only to backstab them at the last moment.
    Even if he isn't I still wouldn't trust him.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2013-04-01 at 08:39 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    What if the legion isn't what Wrathion was talking about at all? I mean why would the legion actually destroy Azeroth? Their MO is to subjegate planets.
    Their whole purpose is to 'destroy' worlds that the Titans Ordered - it's the reason Sargeras formed it so many years ago.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.