Poll: Who would you prefer as the next Villain?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    For the next expansion, Kil'Jaeden, and then, N'Zoth.
    And for MoP, something RELATED to Y'shaarj, not himself.

(Simply cause N'Zoth > Kil'Jaeden)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    For the next expansion, Kil'Jaeden, and then, N'Zoth.
    And for MoP, something RELATED to Y'shaarj, not himself.

(Simply cause N'Zoth > Kil'Jaeden)
    I'd like to see an actual fight, all we can do is speculate about their strength. N'Zoth is an old god sure, but remember old gods were all defeated and Kil'Jaeden was empowered by Sargeras, a titan, himself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I'd like to see an actual fight, all we can do is speculate about their strength. N'Zoth is an old god sure, but remember old gods were all defeated and Kil'Jaeden was empowered by Sargeras, a titan, himself.
    Old gods were defeated that's true, but they got outnumbered by titans (I mean, if we only consider Old gods and titans). Also, C'thun defeated a titan (which probably means that we probably never really killed him in Ahn'Qiraj). We could say that it's the titans who got outnumbered by Old gods elementals and faceless armies but they created it with their own powers : like a warlock would bind a demon to his will, or a mage invoke an elemental. In my opinion it should be counted as a part of their strength.
    N'Zoth seems to be truly powerful, he maddened Neltharion, and he may be behind the emerald nightmare.
    I'm not saying that they are as powerful, or more powerful than titans (it wouldn't be impossible), but i think that they're at least more powerful than Kil'Jaeden.
    But everything can happen, we don't know what happened to Kil'Jaeden since we flushed him back to his home. (Last time we encountered him, huge wings grown on his back while until this day we never saw him with thoses wings, he seems to be mutating)

Sick to death of old gods now. And I want to know if KJ and Velen really were a couple, worst end to a relationship ever if they were.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Old gods were defeated that's true, but they got outnumbered by titans (I mean, if we only consider Old gods and titans). Also, C'thun defeated a titan (which probably means that we probably never really killed him in Ahn'Qiraj). We could say that it's the titans who got outnumbered by Old gods elementals and faceless armies but they created it with their own powers : like a warlock would bind a demon to his will, or a mage invoke an elemental. In my opinion it should be counted as a part of their strength.
    N'Zoth seems to be truly powerful, he maddened Neltharion, and he may be behind the emerald nightmare.
    I'm not saying that they are as powerful, or more powerful than titans (it wouldn't be impossible), but i think that they're at least more powerful than Kil'Jaeden.
    But everything can happen, we don't know what happened to Kil'Jaeden since we flushed him back to his home. (Last time we encountered him, huge wings grown on his back while until this day we never saw him with thoses wings, he seems to be mutating)
    you know that's what I hate about the warcraft universe, we have no idea how powerful one being is compared to another. in an all out war, burning legion vs the titans who would win? who would win if it was old gods vs. titans or burning legion? And what exactly is a titan? Only a powerful being or a true god ? (the same could be asked about the old 'gods') all we can do is guess guess and guess. I hate blizz for ever introducing the old gods actually, a second evil is just very weird, especially if you dont know which evil faction is the strongest.. I mean the burning legion was the main antoganist troughout wc3 and arguably til wotlk ( the scourge was a tool of the legion after all ) and imo the old gods stole the show :P

anyway I wonder wether the legion or the old gods could actually pose a threat to the titans and not just to their creations and which evil faction is the strongest.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2013-04-02 at 12:57 AM.

Deleted
    you know that's what I hate about the warcraft universe, we have no idea how powerful one being is compared to another. in an all out war, burning legion vs the titans who would win? who would win if it was old gods vs. titans or burning legion? And what exactly is a titan? Only a powerful being or a true god ? (the same could be asked about the old 'gods') all we can do is guess guess and guess. I hate blizz for ever introducing the old gods actually, a second evil is just very weird, especially if you dont know which evil faction is the strongest.. I mean the burning legion was the main antoganist troughout wc3 and arguably til wotlk ( the scourge was a tool of the legion after all ) and imo the old gods stole the show :P

anyway I wonder wether the legion or the old gods could actually pose a threat to the titans and not just to their creations and which evil faction is the strongest.
    Yep, the titans can shape worlds, but it doesn't seem that they're "The creators", and we don't know many things about the old gods, we don't even know if they have a special purpose... we only know that they're evil.

I would say Legion is a huge threat to the titans. Their goal is to undo all works the titans have done. Sargeras also freed all demons that the titans imprisoned in the past and let them joined his legion. For the Old Gods I think they are fine with just living their lives in their chaotic world they want to create. The proof is that they call the titans the usurper. IMO, the old gods themself don't really seek to wage war against the titans across the universe like Sargeras. They are just pure being of chaos.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-04-02 at 02:16 AM.

I voted for N'zoth, largely because I hope Y'shaarj stays dead.

Imo it'll go like this:

We finish off whatever essence remains of Y'shaarj. He's still dead, Blizzard kept their word (for once) and we go back to a tenuous peace, similar to Vanilla levels (No outright War, skirmishes here and there).
    We then move on to N'zoth, who's stirring in the depths.
    Azshara tries to protect N'zoth, so we kill off a combination of Naga/Water Plane mobs and N'zoth's minions in the first Tier.
    Second Tier involves us killing Azshara and her Naga.
    Third Tier involves us taking the fight to N'zoth
    - At some point in either T1 or T3, we'll go to the Emerald Dream. N'zoth is possibly still present in the Rift of Aln (That was where Malfurion managed to contain the darkness in the Dream) or the Darkness could be a means of weakening N'zoth's grasp on Azeroth -
    Pre-Legion expansion, we'll have another raid added where remnants of the Naga as well as Legion forces attempt to secure a staging area for the Third Legion Invasion (First being the WotA, second being the Third War). Azshara has been resurrected as apparently she was part-demon after making a pact with the legion to help them establish a foothold on Azeroth in exchange for even more power. She planned for N'zoth to kill us so that nothing could stand in the legions' way, so by dying, temporarily, she tried to allow N'zoth enough time to awaken in a vain attempt to defeat the Heroes.

No, seriously. I can really see this happening.

Y'shaarj is dead. We have the Sha now from him. I cannot see blizzard possibly reviving him when we already have N'zoth and a fifth old god yet to be named. Kil'Jaedan wont be a boss, he'll be a patch boss or the first tier of content boss in the burning legion expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Naaru. Yes, I said that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Y'shaarj is dead. We have the Sha now from him. I cannot see blizzard possibly reviving him when we already have N'zoth and a fifth old god yet to be named. Kil'Jaedan wont be a boss, he'll be a patch boss or the first tier of content boss in the burning legion expansion.
    When the Emperor imprisoned the Sha before the Cataclysm, he didn't defeat them in the way we did. If Y'shaarj were to come back you can bet safely that we released a part of him with each kill. And considering that Old Gods don't "die" in the way we die, you could take from the statement off of Twitter to mean he's dead by Our standards; not that of an Old God.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    When the Emperor imprisoned the Sha before the Cataclysm, he didn't defeat them in the way we did. If Y'shaarj were to come back you can bet safely that we released a part of him with each kill. And considering that Old Gods don't "die" in the way we die, you could take from the statement off of Twitter to mean he's dead by Our standards; not that of an Old God.
    I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him. But I cannot see us facing him as a boss that simply says "Y'shaarj" as we did with Yogg or C'thun. We may fight an empowered version of Garrosh where Y'shaarj had something to do with it... we'll probably even fight some of his minions and sha empowered orcs in the orgrimmar raid. But I cannot see us facing a reformed old god whose name is Y'shaarj. Imo, the next old god we see will be good ol N'zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Udderpowered View Post
    Sick to death of old gods now.
    Tell me about it. Neltharion crazy? Old gods. New world tree corrupted? Old gods. Sha? Old gods. Cat leaves a dead mouse on your porch? Old gods.

They are one overplayed card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

I would actually like Azshara expansion. At this point she should in fact be AS strong as Kil'Jaedan and Archimonde. She was already stronger then Mannoroth in the War of the Ancients, to the point of him thinking only Kil"Jaedan, Archimonde or Sargeras would be superior to her, or some shit, and now she is empowered by the Old Gods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouhi View Post
    I would actually like Azshara expansion. At this point she should in fact be AS strong as Kil'Jaedan and Archimonde. She was already stronger then Mannoroth in the War of the Ancients, to the point of him thinking only Kil"Jaedan, Archimonde or Sargeras would be superior to her, or some shit, and now she is empowered by the Old Gods.
    yeah and kil'jaeden slept for thousands and years and did not evolve freaking wings ^^

Deleted
    Azshara deserves her patch, but Vashj'ir's and Pandaria's inclusion really gives her little room to operate with to have an expansion. She has ties with N'zoth probably, and still has Neptulon in her captivity, so she's pretty major. Expansion major? Don't think so. As I said before, I can't think of anyone more evil and capable on Azeroth than her, to bring the Legion into this world. Imo she's gonna go down as a raid end-boss, with the same raid having N'zoth as heroic only option, ala ToT Thunder king and Ra-den, or BoT Cho'gall and Sinestra, whichever you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I'm still counting on it being the Legion. However, I'm expecting Sargeras and not Kil'jaeden being an endboss for the second time.
    This. /\

MARCH OF THE LEGION!

Edit: Also, Azshara should be included. She should be hooked on Sargeras after the demon's attempt to invade the first time. Maybe she and her minions (naga) have been loyal to him all these years...
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2013-04-02 at 09:11 AM. Reason: added stuff

N'zoth or something new would be nice!

Deleted
    i´d prefer something azshara/n´zoth related. i really don´t want demon themed zones we already have outland for that and honestly i really think a burning legion themed expansion won´t appeal to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    True, KJ is quite the schemer -- but we saw very little of that at Sunwell.
    He tricked the Blood Elves into following him over Illidan, eventually corrupting many of the group that went to Outland and *ultimatetly* got them to release him. He tricked and gained control of Kalecgos. There were a few other things, but those are the most blatant examples of a long-ranging scheme of Kil'Jaedan that players see in-game.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.