Poll: Who would you prefer as the next Villain?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I mean maybe I'm not looking into it too hard. (Or maybe everyone else is looking into it too hard) But during the first part of the Wrathion questline it shows Azeroth with falling green meteors crashing onto it. If that doesn't say legion to you..... not sure what does.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    In my honest opinion, their will be at least two more expansions before we face Sargeras, Kil'jaedan, and The Burning Legion.

There are still a few unexplored parts of Warcraft, and lore not being touched on as a whole, important characters, i.e.;

Queen Azshara, Xavius, N'zoth, Nazjatar, Ny'alotha, to name but a few. I think they'll explore these areas first, i.e. Corrupted Emerald Dream, with Xavius and the Old God N'zoth responsible for the corruption, as well as Azshara and her naga, Nazjatar, Ny'alotha, etc.

Al the above mentioned ties in to the Burning Legion in some way or another. I would think they tell that story first.

After all, the way I see it, The Burning Legion is the biggest threat to Azeroth, and the Cosmos. I expect them to leave the ultimate baddies for last, but then again, I may be wrong.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 10:21 AM ----------
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I want to see N'zoth, depths of the ocean and the other side of Azeroth.
    To elaborate on the other side of Azeroth from wowwiki:

"The world of Azeroth also may have land located at the other side, beyond the Veiled Sea to the west of Kalimdor, and beyond the Forbidding Sea to the east of the Eastern Kingdoms. No one is sure or has knowledge of what kind of creatures, lands, cultures, life, and sentient being lives in the other side of Azeroth. It is clear though that it is very dangerous."

"A handful of ships have ventured from Kalimdor away from the Maelstrom — to the north, west, and south. None have yet returned."
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2013-04-02 at 02:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkanja View Post
    Isn't Xavius dead? I mean, I thought Malfurion got rid of him 2nd time in the book.

After all, the way I see it, The Burning Legion is the biggest threat to Azeroth, and the Cosmos. I expect them to leave the ultimate baddies for last, but then again, I may be wrong.
    Fair enough, if they make Legion themed expansion, there's nowhere to go after that, because they're the ultimate baddies. They don't have to necessarely release Sargeras during that expansion, but if they keep him up their sleeves, when are they gonna put him on the table? They'd have to make another Legion themed expansion after that, and that would be one too many.

But then again, let's have another look at that schedule that should never be used as a fact (http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/12/01/ru...-3-expansions/). Don't look at the timeline, but instead check how many WoW expansions are left on the table according to schedule. WoW X4 would be MoP, then according to that, there should be just one more, and if it's indeed legion themed (80% should be - let's look at the facts: Wrathion's questline, and Ghostcrawler confirming Turalyon and Alleria returns in the next xpac (source in OPs post here ), and they are closely linked with the BL according to their son's visions) then it's very possible, that it is indeed the last expansion of WoW and they're gonna bring down the baddest of the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkanja View Post
    In my honest opinion, their will be at least two more expansions before we face Sargeras, Kil'jaedan, and The Burning Legion.

There are still a few unexplored parts of Warcraft, and lore not being touched on as a whole, important characters, i.e.;

Queen Azshara, Xavius, N'zoth, Nazjatar, Ny'alotha, to name but a few. I think they'll explore these areas first, i.e. Corrupted Emerald Dream, with Xavius and the Old God N'zoth responsible for the corruption, as well as Azshara and her naga, Nazjatar, Ny'alotha, etc.

Al the above mentioned ties in to the Burning Legion in some way or another. I would think they tell that story first.

If that were the case, they would have kept the MoP and Wrathion events for later down the pipe. The entire purpose of this expansion is to be the calm before the storm and Wrathion rallying the armies together to stand against the Burning Legion who are coming soon. It would make no sense to spend the entirety of MoP focusing on that as the primary storyarch and then postponing the conclusion for 4 years down the line.

The Legion are coming.

Also, as someone posted, Metzen confirmed in an interview awhiile back that Turalyon and Alleria were coming back in the next expansion. Those two disappeared into a Burning Legion portal during the sundering of Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Tell me about it. Neltharion crazy? Old gods. New world tree corrupted? Old gods. Sha? Old gods. Cat leaves a dead mouse on your porch? Old gods.

They are one overplayed card.
    To be fair, Neltharion going crazy was probably the first use of Old Gods making someone crazy, and the prime example. Other than that, yeah it's pretty dissapointing how they've been handling it. Still prefer them to the Legion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Also, as someone posted, Metzen confirmed in an interview awhiile back that Turalyon and Alleria were coming back in the next expansion. Those two disappeared into a Burning Legion portal during the sundering of Draenor.
    Another proof, that isn't as big though, is that when the boss encounter designers were asked if more world bosses were to come they said they were discussing bringing Lord Kazzak back. Not only is he THE world boss, but he just so happens to be a prime commander in the Legion. They're not even trying to hide that the next expansion will be Legion based.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-04-02 at 07:50 PM.

I am all for leaving Azeroth for a while, as long as the new zones actually have a theme. I hated TBC zones because they felt like unconnected patchwork of random art. Like, they felt too different to look like they all belong to the same place.

Also, if it's legion, I hope they will actually feel like LEGION this time around.
    Last edited by namelessone; 2013-04-02 at 08:38 PM.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    True, KJ is quite the schemer -- but we saw very little of that at Sunwell.
    It's fine if you prefer old gods over KJ, but c'mon, be honest. The whole Sunwell incident was masterminded by KJ, and that was a pretty damn good scheme.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think when the Old God card comes back it won't be Cata. It'll be...worse. What I mean is.. we'll actually be like "OH SHIT HE IS NUTS"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

If there was another round of Old God stuff...for once I would love to see a baddie actually argue with the 'voices in his head.' That would be classic.

OT: If it was a burning legion themed x-pac I may just come back to WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    If there was another round of Old God stuff...for once I would love to see a baddie actually argue with the 'voices in his head.' That would be classic.

OT: If it was a burning legion themed x-pac I may just come back to WoW.

So far it leans to be that...unless Blizzard pulls a "LOLOLOL I TROLLED YOU!"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Screw Kil'Jaeden and old gods, what I would welcome back happily would be the dreadlords. Mal'ganis, Varimathras, Mephistroth, maybe Tichondrius and Anetheron are still alive. Those guys are fun as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupsiz View Post
    Screw Kil'Jaeden and old gods, what I would welcome back happily would be the dreadlords. Mal'ganis, Varimathras, Mephistroth, maybe Tichondrius and Anetheron are still alive. Those guys are fun as hell.

Umm Kil'Jaeden is part of the Burning Legion. We didn't kill him, all those Dread Lords are also high ranked in the Burning Legion as well.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    didn't Wrathion show Azeroth being bombarded by Infernals?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.