Deleted

How to use Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen properly?

Just as the title says, how do you use the trinket: Vision of Lei-Shen to max it´s 4 seconds of 100% crit properly?

I know that we have a trinket discussion thread, but to find exactly what I´m searching for felt silly, when there is 16 pages.

Thanks in prehand/ Liveet

don't think that thread is particularly useful to find out how to use the trinket properly, which was the OP's question. I don't actually have an answer to that either other than that I don't think the trinket is very good for any mage spec and warlocks / spriests will enjoy it more :P

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have checked both threads. Neither of them contains an answer to the question ”How to use”. All of them are full of theorycrafting and comparison (which is also welcome).
    It might be the case because there are not many people wielding this trinket at the moment.

Well, I'll just make a guide then.

Note: This "guide" uses my own speculation, rather than numbers.

Arcane-Mastery: Don't stop for it, just do your rotation. Should your Mage Bomb need refreshing, ignore it unless you can clip the last split second of the buff to reapply it. A single Crit ABL/ABarr/5AM at max stacks should outDPS a 100% Crit NT.

Arcane-Haste: The same as above, but do make sure Nether Tempest is refreshed WITH the buff intact. Because your spells are weaker (and NT is "stronger" due to Haste), NT deserves the last global of Unerring.

Fire: Scorch, Scorch, Pyroblast, or whatever combo you want, as long as you get a Pyro in there for its DoT. If you can manage to get an NT in there as well AFTER you get a Pyro, bonus points (and DPS) to you!

*Fire-and-you're-the-luckiest-mofo-in-the-universe: This is pretty much the main reason to ever use Unerring on a Mage. If you get lucky enough to have it procc JUST before you pop alter time, you'll see a retarded DPS increase. Pop AT just after it proccs [assuming you have your BoH (or LotC/Cha-Ye) procced, a Heating Up, and a Hot Streak]. Spam Pyroblasts until you can't. Alter Time once more! Spam Pyroblasts, BUT MAKE SURE TO POP COMBUSTION BEFORE THE BUFF WEARS OFF!

Frost: Lol why the fuck are you using this for Frost? Are you stupid or something? The only benefit to Frost is a 100% critting FBs, Frozen Orb, or Mage Bomb, but that's not worth the huge DPS loss you'll suffer if not using Cha-Ye/BoH/LotC over it.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-04-02 at 07:22 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    How to use Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen properly?

you dont

Just disenchant it and hope for a better trinket tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not worth using as Arcane either, other trinkets (Breath and Wushoolay) and vastly superior.

With our spells having very long flight times, this trinket might be worth even less. You can only guess as to when it might possibly randomly accidentally proc, but even when it procs you can't really do much about it because you will most likely be in the middle of another cast spell.

Meh.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    It is not worth using as Arcane either, other trinkets (Breath and Wushoolay) and vastly superior.

With our spells having very long flight times, this trinket might be worth even less. You can only guess as to when it might possibly randomly accidentally proc, but even when it procs you can't really do much about it because you will most likely be in the middle of another cast spell.

Meh.
    Oh it's not worth it for Fire, don't get me wrong; I'm well aware it's not worth it for Arcane, but it's just, LITERALLY, pointless for Frost, even moreso than the other two.

Also, if you cast a spell while the buff is up, regardless if it hits, it gets 100% crit if the buff falls off. before it hits (provided you cast it first)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    It's funny cuz it drops form the last boss, but it's so shit that you can only hope for a Haunted Spirit from it. I tested it on the PTR it was awful, and 100% crit for 4 secs huh? Like if it just doesn't proc when your other trinket (engineering gloves, berserking) etc + Pyros are up when you are about to pop AT, it's not even worth wearing it..

TL;DR
    Not procced before AT = not worth wearing it.

Deleted
    BUT MAKE SURE TO POP COMBUSTION BEFORE THE BUFF WEARS OFF!
    I'm not in possession of Unerring Vision, so is it proven that combustion crits afterwards the buff dropped? Because while doing dailys on the isle of thunder, there are these big guys on the graveyard on the west side which spawn a rune increasing your crit chance to 100% and I think when I used CB here and moved out of the rune, the CB did not crit anylonger whereas NT critically hitted for its total duration (same with deep freeze).
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2013-04-02 at 02:08 PM.

Deleted
    Just tried it out. And it really do suck.. But what do you think? Light of the Cosmos HC fully upgraded or Unerring Vision? I will probably use LotC atlest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    Just disenchant it and hope for a better trinket tbh
    Pretty much covers it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    I'm not in possession of Unerring Vision, so is it proven that combustion crits afterwards the buff dropped? Because while doing dailys on the isle of thunder, there are these big guys on the graveyard on the west side which spawn a rune increasing your crit chance to 100% and I think when I used CB here and moved out of the rune, the CB did not crit anylonger whereas NT critically hitted for its total duration (same with deep freeze).
    It keeps critting after the buff falls off. I know this because sadly I have such shit trinkets I actually got to use it for awhile.