Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,607

    Is Yogg-Saron influencing Garrosh?

    Yep. Yogg-Saron. Not Y'Shaarj. Yogg-Saron. I remember when Cataclysm was announced and they showed pictures of the new Orgrimmar, that was rebuild with steel and iron, that Afrasiabi said, that we should recognize the black iron he uses - "it's from somewhere". Now I always took it as, it's from Northrend, and it's Saronite. And Saronite is the black blood of Yogg-Saron. http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Black_Blood_of_Yogg-Saron

    So I'm pretty sure the Horde took it and build the new Orgrimmar out of this. The metal is even said to breathe. Is it possible that Garrosh and the orcs are under the influence of Yogg-Saron since the end of Wrath of the Lich King?

  2. #2
    I dont think so.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Jaxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yogurt.
    Posts
    4,177
    I doubt Yogg-Saron will make another appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

  4. #4
    Yogg & C'thun aren't perma-killed, but recent datamined stuff seem to lead towards Sha of Pride "possessed" Garrosh eventually with an "Echo of Y'Shaarj" in the 5.3 scenario (since they dug up Y'Shaarj's heart)

  5. #5
    I think Saronite away from Yogg's presence is alright; after all most of Tirion and Darion's guys as well as players wore Saronite for a long time, and they aren't down with the syndrome like Garrosh,

  6. #6
    That's really stretching things, especially since we basically know what actually happens with Y'Shaarj's heart being uncovered and all that. I know that saronite is called black blood in that one quest, but the structures in Northrend weren't built out of it, that's for certain (the blacksmith in Agmar's Hammer had trouble figuring out what to do with it, and the buildings were already up by then). Aside from that, I don't see any thematic link between what is going on in the lore now and Yogg, and there has been zero mention of him since he was defeated.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,599
    No the 'it's made of saronite thing' was fake, it's just normal metal.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  8. #8
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,694
    God I hope not, this oh man I have been corrupted stories are way overdone.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  9. #9
    Pandaren Monk Solzan Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Posts
    1,955
    I almost for got that post by Blizzard.

  10. #10
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    That's really stretching things, especially since we basically know what actually happens with Y'Shaarj's heart being uncovered and all that. I know that saronite is called black blood in that one quest, but the structures in Northrend weren't built out of it, that's for certain (the blacksmith in Agmar's Hammer had trouble figuring out what to do with it, and the buildings were already up by then). Aside from that, I don't see any thematic link between what is going on in the lore now and Yogg, and there has been zero mention of him since he was defeated.
    Yeah but is the reason Garrosh looks for the heart because Yogg-Saron influences him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    No the 'it's made of saronite thing' was fake, it's just normal metal.
    How can it be fake, Alex largely hinted at it.

  11. #11
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,005
    Yes he said that we'd recognise the Iron, and then later clarified that it's Dark Iron. We covered this years ago.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post

    How can it be fake, Alex largely hinted at it.
    He didn't 'hint' it he said the structures were familiar, all that meant was that they were NR style, they weren't made of saronite the people reading his comments just assumed that and everyone then assumed it must have been what he said without actually READING what he said.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Yeah but is the reason Garrosh looks for the heart because Yogg-Saron influences him?
    It's still a tremendous leap in logic. A much more coherent explanation is he's just power-hungry. Besides, have there ever been any examples in lore of saronite being used to influence or possess someone? All our characters have worn it at some point, and the Lich King also made extensive use of it with no ill effects.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

  14. #14
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yes he said that we'd recognise the Iron, and then later clarified that it's Dark Iron. We covered this years ago.
    That is just cheap.

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    That is just cheap.
    Not as cheap as 'Old Gods did it'
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  16. #16
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    363
    He's always been an arrogant, ill-tempered jerk. He is now in charge of a race that mostly honors strength over any real morality. Pretty much the only reason the orcs haven't ALWAYS been this way is because Thrall learned an even temper from the humans and gained leadership up to this point.

    I wouldn't be surprised if they do some sort of corruption story, but it's pointless because everyone (besides apparently Thrall) saw this coming from a mile away.

  17. #17
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    That is just cheap.
    But true, like it or not. So take your wrong theories elsewhere.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  18. #18
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Not as cheap as 'Old Gods did it'
    That's the thing about the old gods. They're the evil that lurks beneath, that pulls the strings. You can't do anything with the old gods without that element.

    What I think is cheap about that statement is that it seems like an excuse because they set it up to be Saronite and then backed out of it. Why the hell would it matter if it was Dark Iron? Where the hell did the Horde get so much Dark Iron from anyway, especially after they came from Northrend were they spend 2 years and where Saronite was all over the place.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 06:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    But true, like it or not. So take your wrong theories elsewhere.
    I'm so sorry for throwing out ideas. I apologize deeply to anyone I might have offended with this. I'll never force anyone to read something like this ever again. Like I have to know about every blue post they ever wrote and every statement they ever made. Take your arrogance elsewhere
    Last edited by Nindoriel; 2013-04-01 at 06:20 PM.

  19. #19
    Pandaren Monk Xiphan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,837
    I thought they were talking about dark iron or just the updated Horde architecture in Northrend, not Saronite. Garrosh would know from the player's findings in Northrend that Saronite was the corrupting blood of an Old God, even he'd not be that silly surely.

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    That's the thing about the old gods. They're the evil that lurks beneath, that pulls the strings. You can't do anything with the old gods without that element.

    What I think is cheap about that statement is that it seems like an excuse because they set it up to be Saronite and then backed out of it. Why the hell would it matter if it was Dark Iron? Where the hell did the Horde get so much Dark Iron from anyway, especially after they came from Northrend were they spend 2 years and where Saronite was all over the place.[COLOR="red"]
    Having the Old Gods be behind EVERYTHING is boring.

    And they didn't back out of anything everyone just assumed thats what they meant.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •