Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    Hunter damage is "ok" at the moment. On the bleeding edge you are bringing mages / locks for pure dps roles
    Aren't Rogues up there as well?

Hmm, hunter specific CD that's also pretty cool? Coolness is mandatory!

Cavalry Charge: Everyone in the targeted party is mounted on a random pet from the hunter's stable. While in effect, they do +20% damage and healing and take 20% less damage while being able to cast on the move. Effected players move as if on a 60% speed mount. Lasts 20 seconds. 5 minute cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    Aren't Rogues up there as well?
    I'd say rogues are arguably the best class in the game right now for in terms of dps + utility(Smokebomb is pretty ridic imo), most certainly the best melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post

Cavalry Charge: Everyone in the targeted party is mounted on a random pet from the hunter's stable. While in effect, they do +20% damage and healing and take 20% less damage while being able to cast on the move. Effected players move as if on a 60% speed mount. Lasts 20 seconds. 5 minute cool down.
    All jokes aside that would be the most overpowered raid buff ever
    Last edited by Woobels; 2013-04-02 at 12:13 AM.

On this note of mounting a Hunters Pet, I still think we should be able to tame one mount, mainly because i want a Gorilla Mount.... :]

That would be so crazy.

Maybe something like a short raid wide sprint like a 30 sec aspect of the pack that doesnt daze. Could be useful but very conditional.

Making bloodlust a class wide CD would be cool so I can solo easier.

Hunters used to have a mana regen buff for the group until we lost mana so maybe a resource regen cd.

Or they could just buff our damage to be equal to the top specs. I would be totally fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    All jokes aside that would be the most overpowered raid buff ever
    I just pulled % out at random. Just a "go fast, hit hard and look cool" ability. I'm charging into battle on a spirit owl! YARRRGGG!!!

Would need a raidwide debuff to prevent hunter stacking.

Saddle Sore
    : You have heard the call of the cavalry recently and cannot charge again. 10 min CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrOWNED View Post
    According to dps rankings hunters are doing between 80-90% of the best specs, the other pures DPS classes: Rogue, Warlock and Mage are doing slightly more damage across all ilvls (except for 468 and below)

Is this because of hunters ability to move and still do maximum damage, or because of bad scaling?

link http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic#BiS
    hunters single target suffers a bit, but they have like the best aoe outside of maybe destro locks, and considering how many aoe fights there are this tier on heroic at least, I think hunters are just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    hunters single target suffers a bit, but they have like the best aoe outside of maybe destro locks, and considering how many aoe fights there are this tier on heroic at least, I think hunters are just fine.
    Guess you haven't seen Ele Shamans yet.

If you look at worldoflogs you'll see that Hunters aren't really all that far behind, and they're even in the top 10DPS on 3 of the 12 ToT fights. Granted Rogues are in the top 10 on like 8/12 and Mages are in the top 10 on 4/12, but still Hunters don't appear that far behind. The Hunter in my group competes just fine with all the other DPS as well. I don't really see there being a very big problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aHeeRo View Post
    Guess you haven't seen Ele Shamans yet.
    We aren't talking about ele shamans here, what is your point?

Ele Shamans AoE......, He was talking about Hunters and AoE. Ele Shamans have some insane Aoe atm.

Winning/2nd (damn locks) on most fights, ofc my competition is just feral, balance, frost, fury, demo.

Though wouldn't mind getting some raid CD or remake of killshot.
    And faster pet despawn/revive for BM.

"hunters single target suffers a bit, but they have like the best aoe outside of maybe destro locks, and considering how many aoe fights there are this tier on heroic at least, I think hunters are just fine. "
    Bold part. And no, not even in aoe fights we shine. Not even close.

I don't pay any attention at all to simcraft anymore because it never bares any resemblance to the results you see at the raidbots website. Ok raidbots has some issues too but I think it gives you a better idea of the true position of each class / spec compared to simcraft.

Ok, so the overall conclusion here seems to be, that hunters are fine, however, the dps tax of movement is a bit high, a 3-4% buff dmg buff or some sort of raid cd would be good, to bring back the feeling of being as usefull as everybody else.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could say that our raid utility is having every single buff and debuff. Sure that wouldn't matter for 25, but it's absolutely incredible for 10. So much that I often have to go BM on fights that favor SV just for that...yeah, my group's pretty bad with buff coverage =/
    Old Gods made me do it.

Even in 25 man raids we (can) bring one of the best buffs, well, debuff in the game, AOE 12% armor reduction (all 3 stacks apply at once).

Nope, hunters arent fine. At all. Im at 519 ilvl losing to a 505 ilvl DK just because I lack AoE as BM. And when I go surv I lack single target dps.... now how the hell is that "fine" ?

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 06:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    "hunters single target suffers a bit, but they have like the best aoe outside of maybe destro locks, and considering how many aoe fights there are this tier on heroic at least, I think hunters are just fine. "
    Bold part. And no, not even in aoe fights we shine. Not even close.
    He clearly dont play a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Nope, hunters arent fine. At all. Im at 519 ilvl losing to a 505 ilvl DK just because I lack AoE as BM. And when I go surv I lack single target dps.... now how the hell is that "fine" ?
    BM is clearly not the "AOE" spec. And Survival single target is very close behind BM.

We were better at AOE before the AOE cap got risen to 20 targets, better comparatively at least.

Hunters are upper-middle pack at the moment from what I've seen.

Of course that is the case, if it weren't hunters would be completely OP in high movement fights destroying everybody else.