Thread: Ssd

Ssd

I am in the market for a ssd. The saying is true once you go ssd you never go back. Well I got a new PC (which dont have a ssd) and I realize I need a SSD.
    So that being said I am looking at a 250 ish GB ssd. When I got my last one Crucial M4 and Samsungs 840 were on top of the line for 120ish gb drive. I am wondering what is the best for 256's is there any change? Looking to spend under $200 from a reputable brand.

Wonderful Sig made by Torgerd

I'd say that Samsung 840 Pro is the best one, but it is currently sold for $220.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...irtualParent=1
    way more attractive deal resell the code for farcry3 and you might even hit the $200 mark and have one of the best ssd's out there.

Is the pro that much a difference? We're talking milliseconds with how fast the SSD's are nowadays?

@shroud - The reviews are terrible. Dead drive constantly. And I dont know anyone that plays Far Cry sadly. Amazon has a normal 840 256gb for like $169 free shipping. Is why I thought I would ask.
    Last edited by Elmister; 2013-04-01 at 07:14 PM.

Wonderful Sig made by Torgerd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmister View Post
    Is the pro that much a difference? We're talking milliseconds with how fast the SSD's are nowadays?
    well double the write speeds and more importantly MLC instead of SLC. (in a nutshell the MLC will last longer over a longer period of time)
    why would you settle for lower speeds in order to save a few bucks? (SSD's are bought for speed in the first place most of time anyway)

i got just a crucial m4 256gb . its running great.