Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    After almost 2 years of being gone i have noticed something..

    I haven't been playing the game in close to 2 years now. I dropped back on the forums last night because i was curious as to what the April fools jokes were this year. Something i have noticed though is that in the 2 years ive been gone nothing has changed. I see the same whining about "This is OP that's OP, nurf this nurf that" the same crying over loot, the same crying over content ect. I would had really though something would had changed after all this time =/

  2. #2
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,890
    It will be the same old thing in 2 years time too, can't stop the whingers, that applies to every game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

  3. #3
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    18,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I haven't been playing the game in close to 2 years now. I dropped back on the forums last night because i was curious as to what the April fools jokes were this year. Something i have noticed though is that in the 2 years ive been gone nothing has changed. I see the same whining about "This is OP that's OP, nurf this nurf that" the same crying over loot, the same crying over content ect. I would had really though something would had changed after all this time =/
    Why would you think that? The players that have grown past that don't comment anymore, while those that haven't do, and new players join in.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  4. #4
    it won't change. people find something to complain about. they will nitpick the crap out of anything to whine about something somewhere with this game. sad as it is :/

  5. #5
    The Patient eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Archery Range
    Posts
    297
    No one is ever satisfied in WOW no matter how the game goes; there will always be whiners and complainers who hate something.

  6. #6
    Same game, same problems, why would it change? You should've stayed in the Gen OT with the other ex-WoWers.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  7. #7
    Who cares about people and their whining. The game itself has changed, in a lot of cases for the better, and that's what should matter.

  8. #8
    After this many years we still have people making threads QQing about QQ. Really?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Why would you think that? The players that have grown past that don't comment anymore, while those that haven't do, and new players join in.
    Wise words right there.

  10. #10
    maybe community-wise from the outside. balancing + pvp has become a lot worse though. (okay to be fair I quit half a year ago so not sure if anything changed after I quit)

  11. #11
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,426
    Yeah, people love to complain. Although there are a few issues with the game it doesn't matter what changes Blizzard do, people will always complain.

  12. #12
    theres more whiners than ever cos they made wow into a kids ame so little 5yr olds play now

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I haven't been playing the game in close to 2 years now. I dropped back on the forums last night because i was curious as to what the April fools jokes were this year. Something i have noticed though is that in the 2 years ive been gone nothing has changed. I see the same whining about "This is OP that's OP, nurf this nurf that" the same crying over loot, the same crying over content ect. I would had really though something would had changed after all this time =/
    you expected the millennial generation to change their ways?

  14. #14
    Whiners will always whine;

    No matter where they go or what they do.
    They will whine.

    And we will have to put up with them or ignore them.
    Or in some cases just lose our patience and attempt to argue with them before realizing arguing on the internet is pointless.

    -- Signature by /the/ Crazytaco --

  15. #15
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    728
    But always keep this in mind:
    when you have fun with the game, you don't post on forums saying so. (Or just very rarely)
    Newspapers and so on also usually don't post positive things, just the negative ones because they usually matter more.

    And so, when all you do is read forums, you might think WoW is the most imbalanced, most ridiculous, most terrible game ever.
    But that's not the majority. That's just a very vocal minority. There's millions of players out there having fun with it.
    I'm not saying though that the game is perfect in all aspects, or that criticism isn't justified sometimes. There's valid problems and concerns. But more often than not on forums, it's not very well-founded criticism, or just plain wrong.

  16. #16
    Forums didn't change for the 2 years before you left. What made you think it would change 2 years after you left?

  17. #17
    You mistake these forums for something relevant to the game.

    They aren't.

  18. #18
    Mechagnome Lushious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I haven't been playing the game in close to 2 years now. I dropped back on the forums last night because i was curious as to what the April fools jokes were this year. Something i have noticed though is that in the 2 years ive been gone nothing has changed. I see the same whining about "This is OP that's OP, nurf this nurf that" the same crying over loot, the same crying over content ect. I would had really though something would had changed after all this time =/
    Yes thank you for the update, let us get another in... 2 years time

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by eldritchforeshadow View Post
    No one is ever satisfied in WOW no matter how the game goes; there will always be whiners and complainers who hate something.
    Yes it is important to note, that if you dislike anything, anywhere and you speak up about it, you're just a whiner and complaininer. Steak burnt ? Waitress hasn't been by in 20 mins, Roofers left a pile of debris in your yard ? Blizzard sold all your personal info to anonymous ? Don't say anything, else you're just a whiner and complainer.

    I just don't get why 10 million people can't all perfectly on how the game should be (which is however Blizzard gives it to us). We all have the exact same tastes and styles! And of course, nothing Blizzard every does is wrong or needs fixing! Blizzard doesn't need our feedback, their game is perfect as is.

  20. #20
    Mechagnome Lushious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    626
    Oh and dear OP before you claim you've been away for 2 years, might want to reconsider and check your post history

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •