Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    annoying thing is that a prot pala and a holy pala are both very strong atm and key in a lot of fights :l

its like teir14 all over again.. take a disc priest or struggle ... this teir its about takin a prot pala or struggle
    yeah, prot paladins are crazy this tier. It's pretty much bringing an extra healer (most tanks can do more dps than actual dps classes this tier).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    yeah, prot paladins are crazy this tier. It's pretty much bringing an extra healer (most tanks can do more dps than actual dps classes this tier).
    luckily our raid has a monk tank.. and ye, his dps is anywhere from 1st to 6th, its stupid, between him and our disc priest smiting its basically an extra DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    luckily our raid has a monk tank.. and ye, his dps is anywhere from 1st to 6th, its stupid, between him and our disc priest smiting its basically an extra DPS
    Pretty much this, our brewmaster pulls almost double the dps of our warrior tank (80-100k total) and does as much healing as our healers.. kinda stupid

Mhmm. Tank balance is such a big issue in 10 man, way more than Disc priests ever were

Deleted
    Yep, and nobody seems to give a shit, when is HORRIBLY BROKEN, specially Blizzard. Just wait for the ilvl increase of 5.3, with item upgrades and free 600 ilvl cloak for more funsies.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-04-12 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    Pretty much this, our brewmaster pulls almost double the dps of our warrior tank (80-100k total) and does as much healing as our healers.. kinda stupid
    The reasoning is because a Monk uses Crit/Haste builds in 10m with Agility as the main stat. However, we cannot touch a Prot Paladin filling the same role in both DPS, and healing. Not to mention that everything in this tier can basically be Bop'd off with either BoP or Divine Shield. Tanks are completely imbalanced right now, I will admit it.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Deleted
    Well, don't know what they expected making some tanks to scale their healing, mitigation and DPS with the very same stats while giving others nothing of the like. By the end of the expansion we may as well delete our chars.

on the subject of tank balance I found this guild's raid comp for 10man H dark animus was pretty comical. 4 tanks, 3 prot pallies

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    on the subject of tank balance I found this guild's raid comp for 10man H dark animus was pretty comical. 4 tanks, 3 prot pallies
    The whole fight strongly favors bringing more tanks, and this is exactly what I predicted in PTR testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    The whole fight strongly favors bringing more tanks, and this is exactly what I predicted in PTR testing.
    they were actually the only 10man guild i saw that stacked tanks so much

They 3 tanked it. Qaria was healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    They 3 tanked it. Qaria was healing.
    ^^^ This. We had already decided to 3 tank it last night after our under 20% wipes when the damage got too insane, but ran out of time last night to give it a go.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Were struggling with consistently getting through the storm, we seem to always have at least one person die which makes us miss the DPs requirement to only get one storm. Any tips appreciated. I'm a healer and I just port out but can't save people who don't get out immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Were struggling with consistently getting through the storm, we seem to always have at least one person die which makes us miss the DPs requirement to only get one storm. Any tips appreciated. I'm a healer and I just port out but can't save people who don't get out immediately.
    Have your paladin AM this phase. Then when your healers get out 1 hit a major cd immediately (tranq, revival, healing tide)

You need to have your 3 healers port, and 2 dps who do not have movement speed buffs.

In our group we have tank (run speed / tank cd), mage (blink), lock (teleport), moonkin (dash), monk (flying kick) running out. We have hunter, dk and healers porting. A priest can pull someone out too.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Have your paladin AM this phase. Then when your healers get out 1 hit a major cd immediately (tranq, revival, healing tide)
    We're doing that every time, even a tranq won't save someone dying with the healing reduction from the storm. I think our problem is we're not handling the lightning debuff properly so its still on everyone during the storm.

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 02:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    You need to have your 3 healers port, and 2 dps who do not have movement speed buffs.

In our group we have tank (run speed / tank cd), mage (blink), lock (teleport), moonkin (dash), monk (flying kick) running out. We have hunter, dk and healers porting. A priest can pull someone out too.
    Hmm yes we should probably swap a few people portalling. I wonder how its supposed to be done without a lock..

I wonder how its supposed to be done without a lock..
    Drop every single raid cd down before the wind storm. Not sure. It would be really hard without some sort of method for healers to get out quickly.

A mistweaver can get out of it very easily and start healing people using Transcendence. I actually glyph it for this fight on heroic for the extra 10 yards so I can get out that much sooner.

We do it without a lock (yes HM). As long as you run out and do not get caught you won't die even with arcing lightning as long as everyone was topped off before. Our disco drops a barrier on the starting point a few sec, druid pop stampeding roar when we can move and then those who can use their special stuff; transcendence, blink, whatever have we. It's touch and go a lot of the time but killed it twice now and windstorm isn't what we wipe the most to so yeah :P

Just very annoyed at Blizz giving *one* class a utility that lets people cheese stuff like this. Can't wait for Lei shen when we'll be truly fucked without a lock if we can't recruit one by then -.-

We had 3 healers + 2 hunters taking our Lock portal. Druid Stampeding Roar 0.5 secs after 'release' (so others with higher movement speed (e.g blazing speed)) so everyone has a boost. Displacer beast gets you almost all of the way out as a druid. Our mage blazing speed+blink was job done, Prot pally used 70% speed thing, lock portaled and our warrior just Heroic Leaps out.

Almost everyone has some form of speed utility, just ensure all healers and the two most vulnerable DPS are taking the portal. Even a resto druid can get out in a matter of seconds so that someone else can portal instead. As mentioned, pop a healing CD (we used Tranq) when out of the storm because the dmg from arcing lightning gets people low. Ensure everyone knows where to stand so it reduces dmg as much as possible.

We killed it yesterday and had a DPS dead from the tornado (DC), as such we had two tornado phases and essentially no healing CDs for the last phase and we still managed it, albeit barely.