Thread: Blood Trinkets

Blood Trinkets

Hello,
    Sorry if this was already discussed in a recent post but, alas, I could not find one and so I am opening one myself.
    Just a question about BiS Trinkets for a Blood DK this tier.

Currently I have: Soul Barrier, Fortitude of the Zandalari and the Valor trinket with the on use Dodge. So yeah, I recently got the Soul Barrier Trinket and I'm not even sure if I should be using it.

My Armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ocake/advanced

Thanks in advance for your answers.
    Last edited by Beefycake; 2013-04-01 at 08:08 PM.

Soul Barrier is good for Horridon HC - other than that I don't know if it has any use.

What makes it good for Horridon?

Soul Barrier + Fortitude is the go-to combination, with the 5.0 valor trinket when you need double stam trinkets.

As for your horridon question, i personally use it together with other CDs every time a dire call lines up with a melee swing and a triple puncture, other than that you can make liberal use of it whenever you are being hit by pretty much anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefycake View Post
    What makes it good for Horridon?
    The boss being able to deal 800k within an instant and the only thing keeping you alive against that is having lots of stamina.

Im not sure i would use FotZ over the shadow pan (unless it is HC). but this might come from the simple fact that i am not a fan of battlemaster effects. I rarely if ever die to lack of EH and so i find the battlemaster effect quite lacking. there are definitely times when it is useful but they are few and far between in my opinion. Granted I'm also not raiding in bleeding edge content, though we arent doing too shabby (11/12N missed the first week of raiding).

any use ever for Delicate Vial of the Sanguinaire?
    more or less got it just because it seemed like a waste to DE it ^^

heard it might be good for 5 mans (and challenge modes) since the effect can stack up to 3 times anyone has some experience with that, how much stuff do you have to pull for it to be worth?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    any use ever for Delicate Vial of the Sanguinaire?
    more or less got it just because it seemed like a waste to DE it ^^

heard it might be good for 5 mans (and challenge modes) since the effect can stack up to 3 times anyone has some experience with that, how much stuff do you have to pull for it to be worth?
    After looking through the trinkets I personally rated this higher than things like the FotZ and Soul Barrier. While the mastery passive is amazing i'm not so impressed with the stam and both procs I really don't like, the absorb seems really weak and the health on use will have to wait until I hit heroics to see if it would actually be useful.

I was thinking of using vial and the VP trinket myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Damyou View Post
    After looking through the trinkets I personally rated this higher than things like the FotZ and Soul Barrier. While the mastery passive is amazing i'm not so impressed with the stam and both procs I really don't like, the absorb seems really weak and the health on use will have to wait until I hit heroics to see if it would actually be useful.

I was thinking of using vial and the VP trinket myself.
    Unless you are thinking of stacking nothing but dodge then you'll probably find that Vial is pretty poor for DKs, you'd be lucky to get more than 1 proc a fight. Personally i'm still using the 5.0 Shado Pan trinket and the new VP one, i'm not a fan of on use trinkets but I haven't seen a tank trinket drop since the normal Elegon one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkner View Post
    Unless you are thinking of stacking nothing but dodge then you'll probably find that Vial is pretty poor for DKs, you'd be lucky to get more than 1 proc a fight. Personally i'm still using the 5.0 Shado Pan trinket and the new VP one, i'm not a fan of on use trinkets but I haven't seen a tank trinket drop since the normal Elegon one.
    I was hoping that wouldn't be the case, I got one in LFR yesterday so i'm going to give it a test out for a bit but if it's shite then I guess i'll just go back to the 5.0 trinkets I had .

The vial is somewhat useful for agi tanks on add duty - for strength tanks it's abysmal.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    How are you liking spark of the zandalar for tanking? I watched our Ret Paladin with it and even though she has 13k haste it doesn't proc all that often.

The vial might have been decent if it worked off parry, but unfortunately it only works off dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    How are you liking spark of the zandalar for tanking? I watched our Ret Paladin with it and even though she has 13k haste it doesn't proc all that often.

The vial might have been decent if it worked off parry, but unfortunately it only works off dodge.
    The proc seems to have about 30-40% uptime for me which is pretty decent

Ya with parry the vial would go well with DRW but still 4% proc chance limits it to aoe tanking - something at that we still suck.