Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm not really a fan of it so far. It's just a very generic grind quest followed by another grind quest and another and another. Playing catch-up, particularly on the sigil and valour grind parts, is nothing but a chore.

I'd like for the actual *quest* to be interesting. The Warlock green fire chain in 5.2 has been a thousand times more fun and engaging than any of the Wrathion quest line in MoP up until now. More challenges and less grind, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Wrong. Pretty much everyone and their grandma has Thunderfury these days. Hell even I have both halfs on my priestess.
    Note to self: complete quest for the lulz...

If they allow it EVERYBODY will run around with TF Glaives and whatnot. Until they see that everyone does it and suddenly rare epics are cooler again that mainstream legendaries.

In the end: only peeps who truly like the model will keep showing it all the poser natures will use something that is rare and makes them seem special.

Pretty much the same thing that happened to mounts like Al'ar.

Seems my data was outdated.
    I stand corrected.
    Thanks.
    That's simply can't be true. At least I don't see how it is. :x I'd venture to guess a vast majority of players don't even know what the hell those things even are, let alone have them. I think it's just more obvious to you because you DO know what they are, and it's something YOU notice more easily, and it'll stand out far more than seeing something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastnik View Post
    This new way to give legendary to everyone seems now, stupid as !?#;..
    Hardly everyone... its going to take a whole expansion to get it. You know how many people still stick that out? Not as many as your think. Most people don't even have there sha gem yet.
    Aye mate

This legendary has a quest chain that spans multiple tiers. And we don't even know what the ultimate reward will be. In pure lore terms it's more "legendary" than all the other "legendary chains" (not that I didn't love them).

And this time everyone gets to see the content not just some class or group of classes chosen at random.

But I suspect what you really want is a little orange stick that makes you OP that nobody else is allowed to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastnik View Post
    We want back the daggers from DS & The awesome staff from Firelands.
    They're still there.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 03:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    I'm not really a fan of it so far. It's just a very generic grind quest followed by another grind quest and another and another. Playing catch-up, particularly on the sigil and valour grind parts, is nothing but a chore.
    The previous legendary chains were no different, they have to be gated hence droprates.

The bit that's legendary is the lore background and the little speeches Wrathion gives. Which I really like so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

the staff and daggers we're just as fail, rogue only because rogue wasn't played much making sub rogue in pvp able to burst down anyone in 6 seconds flat was RETARDED, stupid move by blizzard give a really strong pvp spec legendaries just because not everyone is playing it? derp

and legendary staff carried so many casters to gladiator but couldn't carry elemental shaman because the spec was so weak and using a staff lowered their survival due to no shield, so although elemental could really hurt ppl they just died to 2 melee in seconds anyway...derp no legendary carry for you, thats for the mages yo!

these legendaries we're so flawed and fucked up things i prefer the MoP legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Ill let you know if I can ever get my last damn sigil of power..Started collecting them the third month pandaria had went live. I am now 9 power 83 wisdom..the RNG drop for sigil of power is very F-ed up if you ask me. I am the only person in my guild who has yet to complete the first portion of the quest chain..
    That is terrible...And you still have "A Test of Valor" to do. I am caught up on 2 toons but my newest 90 is on the same part and I'm sitting at 9 power and 20 or wisdom. I don't ever plan on finishing the quest on that toon.

OT: It all depends how the legendary weapon works out. If everyone gets one (which I doubt) it would be pretty dumb. But if it works out where only 1-2 people will end up getting it while everyone gets a bunch of bad ass gems and cloaks and story line and not get completely left out like every legendary since BC. Good change for the most part.
    Last edited by coltsown; 2013-04-03 at 03:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's simply can't be true. At least I don't see how it is. :x I'd venture to guess a vast majority of players don't even know what the hell those things even are, let alone have them. I think it's just more obvious to you because you DO know what they are, and it's something YOU notice more easily, and it'll stand out far more than seeing something else.
    Everyone who has taken a peek at Atlas Loot is aware of their existence, my dear.
    Even my super casual "plays once every two weeks" Friend has Thunderfury because he finds it's model awesome.

The fact that everyone can easily solo-steamroll MC these days, makes TF even more common.

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    I am hoping that there is some difficult solo content at some point to stop people who get carried in LFR

While I like the legendary quest line is in this expansion (casuals to core PvE'ers being able to work towards the legendary),
    I do agree with this.
    Something like the warlocks green fire solo quest might be good.
    I know many warlocks are having problems with it, but I think a solo scenario with a similar difficulty would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Menphis View Post
    While I like the legendary quest line is in this expansion (casuals to core PvE'ers being able to work towards the legendary),
    I do agree with this.
    I know many warlocks are having problems with it, but I think a solo scenario with a similar difficulty would be nice.
    and then we can have 10000 forum posts about nerfing it, and half the posts in it having people with lesser gear completing it. It would be a forum nightmare imo
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree with this.
    Again, NOT POSSIBLE.

That solo stuff is only challenging because they could tailor it to a specific class. You can't do that if everybody regardless of spec shall be able to do it.

Legendaries are a flawed design to begin with, if we look at the different demographics we have different issues -

Top raiding guild -
    If you don't have the legendary, you can't join their guild, not the biggest problem.
    If you don't have the legendary, but is already in the guild, you get benched if someone else have the legendary (this counted for hunters especially in DS, as they didn't get the 10% buff melee did)

Every other guild -
    Drama and potential of top guilds poaching the guy with legendaries, it happens ALL the time.

And generally it just puts imbalance in the raiding comp, legendaries are not healthy for guilds, they're cool for the individual to have, and as a guild master/raidleader you WANT as many legendaries in your raid as possible, because it just makes everything much, much easier.

There has yet to be a well implemented legendary in the game, however legendaries you get in the last tier matters far less, because most hardcore guilds will be finishing content as they get their first legendary (in 25man)

Just to clarify, it's not a legendary if everyone has it, it removes the "legend" part of it, and just makes it an "ary", which is meh.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    Legendaries in the firs and mid tier never works out well, we gonna get a weapon in t16. Stop complaining already it's getting tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    To me the quest would have been better if all these steps taken where to gather/forge different parts for the weapons. Instead you get a gem, a socket, an enchant, and a meta gem so far that I am aware of.
    Ohh, I'm pretty sure we're gathering the parts for a weapon, it just isn't going to be for us.

I prefer not having legendaries at all.

It feels like I'm just getting the quests completed by just raiding normally, which is an exceptionally boring quest line if you ask me.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Wait til you collect all 20 Secrets, guys. The next step is pretty cool stuff. I imagine if you're below 520 ilvl it will be pretty challenging too.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakainen View Post
    Ohh, I'm pretty sure we're gathering the parts for a weapon, it just isn't going to be for us.
    Yeah what the heck is wrathion building, I wonder if it will lead to something in the next expansion after the siege, since he will probably need something from the final Sha. His agents have also located something buried in the vale, and it looks like Garrosh digs it up
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Again, NOT POSSIBLE.

That solo stuff is only challenging because they could tailor it to a specific class. You can't do that if everybody regardless of spec shall be able to do it.
    But if they come out with triple spec they can assume that you have a specific spec (aka DPS), so you could possibly see a solo scenario that requires you do be dps.

Or they could always tailor the solo scenario to all 3 specs and require you to queue up for it as a spec and then do some task based on that.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 04:16 PM ----------

also whoever made this thread missed out in not putting "Legendary Quest or Epic Fail?" as the title

Last I check for something to be legendary it doesn't have to be hard to obtain. If people just accept the quests and do what they say without bothering to look at the reasoning or lore behind it, no it won't feel legendary. You need to immerse yourself into the quest and wait for it to be over before determining whether it feels legendary or not.

Everyone who has taken a peek at Atlas Loot is aware of their existence, my dear.
    Even my super casual "plays once every two weeks" Friend has Thunderfury because he finds it's model awesome.

The fact that everyone can easily solo-steamroll MC these days, makes TF even more common.
    Most people don't solo stuff. Most people don't use addons like Atlas Loot :x I think you're looking at things with a sort of tunnel vision. Most people don't even get to the level cap :x Hell, there's a huge chunk of players out there right now that don't even own MoP.