Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ultimately I think legendaries were better when they dropped off endbosses. After all, legendary weapons are weapons of great power, a step above even those things dropped by normal raid bosses. Scattering bits of them in Ragnaros' lair, Molten Core... Defeating Illidan deep in the Black Temple and taking his glaives... Pushing Kiljaeden, Sargeras' lieutenant back into the Nether... THOSE figures could drop truly legendary items. A quest reward? Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Ultimately I think legendaries were better when they dropped off endbosses. After all, legendary weapons are weapons of great power, a step above even those things dropped by normal raid bosses. Scattering bits of them in Ragnaros' lair, Molten Core... Defeating Illidan deep in the Black Temple and taking his glaives... Pushing Kiljaeden, Sargeras' lieutenant back into the Nether... THOSE figures could drop truly legendary items. A quest reward? Meh.
    A quest reward that you get for collecting things from the last bosses of various raid instances. How is that different from RNG? I always thought it was odd that we could kill Illidan and not get his glaives. I mean, I can see them on his corpse. Just pick them up!

New system makes more sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like this new route of Legendary questline for everyone.
    I hope they'll see that and test other methods in the next exp. Don't mind a legendary for most raiders, but those quest lines right now are strange.

By the way, I could not even use the +500 strength gem in my main spec (prot warrior), as I did never get Kilrak. That sucked.
    The weapon bonus gem for Thunder weapons was a good idea, though. And the Meta Gem also won't be based on luck that heavily as the Sha-weapons.
    Let's see how the cloak looks. It better looks very very good!

Still curious about the initial legendary icons. You remember back then, when we saw many icons about the legendary quest line? Shield (*cough* want it), even something pistol-like, and so on. I wonder how that turns out.

To sum it up:
    - Blizzard tests a new legendary system. It's not bad and let's see how it turns out.
    - The first step is luck-intensive. If you did not get lucky with your Sha-weapon it was just a useless gem.. In my case, my offspec Shin'ka got it at least.
    Furthermore, you still get Sigils of Wisdom beyond 10 even when you're needing Power. Luck luck luck.
    - Reputation forces you to do dailies and kill mobs, even grind. That's okay! You need to put some effort to it, go out of your Shrine and do something.
    - The two battleground wins are a bit strange in the sense that it's PvP and the legendary is PvE. I know it focusses on the faction conflict, but...
    - The current step (Secrets of the Empire, Exalted rep) is a bit boring as it reminds of the first one.

In general I'd prefer steps as in Icecrown Citadel. Do something special at a boss encounter to receive a certain item, that was cool.
    I really enjoyed doing these tactic changes for the Shadowmourne guys.
    The evolving staff, bonus mob and portal in the Firelands was also cool, and of course the final event in your major city.
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Ill let you know if I can ever get my last damn sigil of power..Started collecting them the third month pandaria had went live. I am now 9 power 83 wisdom..the RNG drop for sigil of power is very F-ed up if you ask me. I am the only person in my guild who has yet to complete the first portion of the quest chain..

I hear this a lot from people, and all those people who claim this turn out to be not running MSV anymore "because only ilvl 476 what drops there"

Guess what? Keep skipping MSV and you'll never ever complete 10

Deleted
    If you want so see something true legendary check out this armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...avorx/advanced

BAM!

Ontopic: For me the whole questline up to this point doesn't feel "legendary" it doesn't even feel epic. Could be because all the quests can be done alone via LFR except for change of command (or how the english name for that quest is ). But maybe theres comming something really cool with 5.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Ill let you know if I can ever get my last damn sigil of power..Started collecting them the third month pandaria had went live. I am now 9 power 83 wisdom..the RNG drop for sigil of power is very F-ed up if you ask me. I am the only person in my guild who has yet to complete the first portion of the quest chain..
    Same here, stuck on 3 SoP!!, 3, yes 3!.. 1,2,3... as in III, 3!!!.. got 29 Wisdom, thanks RNG, i love you not long time..

still doing MSV LFR everyweek, 3 months after i started farming sigils in there.. thankfully this is an alt..
    Last edited by Tehgypsy; 2013-04-05 at 10:16 AM. Reason: added bit about MSV