Question The health of a pvp community

In your opinion, what are the most important factors that contribute to the health of a server's pvp community?

• Total number of active arena teams?
    • Number of high rated RBG players?
    • Server population?
    • Server balance?
    • Something else?

I'm currently working on a project that assigns ratings to each server/faction (ala wowprogress), but I'd like some outside input into how things should be valued.

• Is a server with 5 glad teams and 15 sub 1500 teams better than a server with 15 teams at 2k?
    • Is a server with a few 5s teams better than a server with none?
    • Is a server with high RBG representation better than a server with high Arena representation?

Quote Originally Posted by totalywarlock View Post
    In your opinion, what are the most important factors that contribute to the health of a server's pvp community?

• Total number of active arena teams?
    • Number of high rated RBG players?
    • Server population?
    • Server balance?
    • Something else?
    Honestly, it's a very iffy question. What do you mean 'health of a servers PvP community'? Some people measure this by the amount of World PVP, which means server balance is massively important (99:1 servers dont have much going for them), other people measure PvP server health by the amount of high rated players. It's very subjective.

Total number of active arena teams is something that is a result of high server population though - as is the amount of high rated RBG players. It's unlikely that a server will have either without a large population. (So, all in all, high population is probably the most important because it will in turn lead to every single one of the other bullet points).

Quote Originally Posted by totalywarlock View Post
    • Is a server with 5 glad teams and 15 sub 1500 teams better than a server with 15 teams at 2k?
    • Is a server with a few 5s teams better than a server with none?
    • Is a server with high RBG representation better than a server with high Arena representation?
    1. I'd say 5 at glad + 15 at 1500 is better than 15 at 2k. But it completely depends on what you mean by 'better'. If you compare server to server, 5+15 is good because the more teams the better, people looking to push challenger and gladiator would like very high and very low teams. However, for someone who wants to push rival/duelist, 15 at 2k is better as they are more likely to find someone around their rating.

2. Yes. The more 5s the better, why would no 5s teams be good?

3. Completely subjective, again. Depends what you consider to be 'high' RBG rating and 'high' Arena rating. People will give different answers for this and both are right in a way.

Deleted
    For me it's about how aggressively I'm attacked by the opposing faction out there. If I can bypass most of them and they don't bother to kill me, because they do their very very very important dailies = not healthy at all.

So according to this, it's never been really healthy, but this is just my very personal opinion.

Instead of promoting WPvP people talk bad about it, in forums and in in-game chats. "Oh look, that a$$hole again, ganking ilvl 490 players in 1on1 fights. Why can't that c**t mind his own business and leave us alone? Fkin ganker, should be banned!"

lol
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2013-04-01 at 09:59 PM.